Author Topic: Reducing wait time between CEs to 45 minutes  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Reducing wait time between CEs to 45 minutes
« on: 01 12, 2020, 12:39:47 am »
Criteria this suggestion meets: Increase entertainment

Many people including myself have expressed the opinion that 90 minutes is too long to wait between CEs. The current wait time of 90 minutes is the result of Arran's opinion that the more often CEs take place, the less enjoyable they are. While there is some truth to this statement, considering that CEs are a lot more fun now than when they were constantly running, I believe we need to find a balance between building anticipation and wait time. Considering that currently for every 1 CE we have 12 ARs (based on the fact ARs run for 7 minutes, 90/7), a person who plays for 1,5 hours a day (a realistic estimation of someone who is busy with work or school) could end up playing 12 ARs in a row and no CEs.

Why 45 minutes?

I believe that reducing the wait time to 45 minutes will help achieve the balance I'm talking about. We will have 6 ARs for 1 CE, which will switch up the gameplay often enough for the average player to be able to play both CE and ARs. Also, since older players were used to CEs being on constantly, I believe 45 minutes will still be a decent amount of time to build up anticipation.

Adjustments to rewards:

As seen here https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=367699.msg5390156#msg5390156, according to Arran, in order for this suggestion to be implemented, the rewards will need to be adjusted. The convenient thing about reducing wait time to 45 minutes, means that rewards can be balanced by halving them. Afaik, the current rewards are 7.2k and 8 of each drug per kill, which can be made to 3.6k and 4 of each drug. For assists it can be made to 1.8k and 2 of each drug (half of current).

Discuss.
« Last Edit: 01 12, 2020, 02:06:40 am by Jason »

Offline flowNgamer

• Donator L1
  • You make your own choices
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BOCA
  • Ingame: flowN
  • Squad: 93BoyZ
Re: Reducing wait time between CEs to 45 minutes
« Reply #1 on: 01 12, 2020, 01:12:45 am »
I have seen many people complaining about having to wait 90 minutes to have a CE for me it will be more beneficial if we can reduce the time to 45 minutes we will have more people satisfied and enjoy more of CE's I'm giving Positive because players want to play more in CE like I want to.

- Added flowNgamer as Portuguese helper. (12.01.2021 GMs + Traxex)

Offline LoLcO

• Junior Community Member
  • The Official LaGGeR of CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAI Founder
  • Ingame: It'zLoLcO
  • Squad: #NaB
« Reply #2 on: 01 12, 2020, 01:58:35 am »
I like your idea, mostly because I am one of those people who are very busy with studies and jobs and I can only play that if 1 or 2 hours in a row, reducing the waiting time between each EC from 90 minutes to 45 minutes I see it well , so more people will have the opportunity to at least be able to play 1 CE while they are in the game, in addition I also see logical reducing the rewards that you can obtain within it by half, this is super important since if it is not done it would be a bit unfair since you get that amount in an event that was rarely done on the server, but now you can attend it much more often. You have my support for this suggestion
CAI Founder|Ex.Rasta_Division Founder|Donator L1 IG|Ex.Top Law|Ex.Mod of Spanish Forum Board|Guías & Tutoriales|Ex.Spanish Guider

2018. July 9th: @LoLcO rewarded with JCM for his various contributions towards the spanish community.

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: QWER
  • Ingame: TroubleShot
« Reply #3 on: 01 12, 2020, 07:03:36 am »
but you didnt mentioned the rewards that you get when you solo-killed a cop which is 24k along with 4000 RP and 24 drugs each. One time I managed to solo-kill (meaning that I was the only one that damaged him in the last 5 minutes or more inside or outside the CE.) a cop insde a CE (Ship Robbery to be exact) I was confused why it gave me a prize that's so large, when I looked at the kill log, there's no assist just my name and the cop's name.

Anyways back to the main topic, reducing it to 45 minutes seems good since alot of criminals wanted CEs more than ARs when cops are cracking. Halving the rewards will be a great idea in order for it to be more fair and prevent farming drugs, money and rp. im gonna go with Positive
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Online Maximo

• The It boy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #4 on: 01 12, 2020, 10:49:03 am »
You made rewards weird. You just spiled them into two halves, Somehow I agreed reducing wait time between CEs to 45 minutes because 90 minutes is a lot of time. I witnessed it. Current CE with it system should be available every 45 minutes and we can have more fun often. Instead of participating about 12 ARs and lose the taste of Armed Robbery. By the ways I am suggesting you to update rewards and make it like the old CE. 1.7k RP for each kill. and 5 from all drugs. I think this would be better. I will stay Neutral for now.

Offline Alpoal

• silent dance with death
  • Ingame: Alpoal
« Reply #5 on: 01 12, 2020, 11:25:20 am »
There is no need to much talking about that suggestion.90 minutes for me too long.45 Minutes is better for me because I sometimes can't play CE in 2 3 days.Not everyone plays this game a lot of hours and aslo people wants playing more CE.My vote is posivitive
ex SAS Major General

Offline Ahmed?

• Senior Community Member
  • Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #6 on: 01 12, 2020, 11:52:55 am »
I think half the time will not solve the problem either, and the problem is that this is the most enjoyable thing on the server, so how does this get an hour and a half. Do you hold that this is good and you suggest that it be 45 minutes? I do not know the reason for your suggestion because it also will not solve anything after that a lot of people are bored with this matter and many of them have left the server, so why are they waiting, I do not know why the old system does not return only, which is 3 minutes and it will be much better than the current system and it will return Some people who left the server [positive]
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #7 on: 01 12, 2020, 12:18:54 pm »
I'm really up for this change. When the new CE system was implemented it supposed to be an experiment which caused tons of disadvantages and despite of that it hasn't be removed + The idea of the experiment has never been discussed at this board which wasn't the best option if the experiment was going to last long. Overall I believe reducing the time will cause balance as right now balancing both sides at CEs seems to be harder than before. I am not saying anything about the old CE system, what I am saying is by reducing the time, sides will have more time of regrouping and preparing for CE. In other words, they will be more ready as it happens more often. Positive
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #8 on: 01 12, 2020, 03:18:50 pm »
I'm always up to joining CEs, sometimes even giving up on turfing in LV only not to miss it. CEs have been the most thrilling part of LS for me and having such a big gap between them is disappointing. Even though 45 mins is still long, I hope to see better attendance by players to then lower the time even more. I'm positive.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline Cristiano

• The One Tapper
« Reply #9 on: 01 12, 2020, 03:33:18 pm »
If you play for 3 hours a day, you only have the chance to attend in 2 CEs. If you want to attend in more CEs, you must give your hours. That's why people want to have fun while spending time. On the other hand, if you have a poorly performing computer like mine, this would be an even better idea. AR areas are different. Of course, so are CE areas. But playing on a different dimision will keep your performance stable. So this makes me play better.

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
« Reply #10 on: 01 12, 2020, 04:06:15 pm »
but you didnt mentioned the rewards that you get when you solo-killed a cop which is 24k along with 4000 RP and 24 drugs each. One time I managed to solo-kill (meaning that I was the only one that damaged him in the last 5 minutes or more inside or outside the CE.) a cop insde a CE (Ship Robbery to be exact) I was confused why it gave me a prize that's so large, when I looked at the kill log, there's no assist just my name and the cop's name.

Wasn't aware of that on account of it being such a rare occurrence, but my point of halving the rewards can easily apply to this situation as well (12k, 2000RP and 12 drugs). Thank you for bringing it up.

Offline IdleJoe

• The Benefactor - SAPD Leader
  • Be a better you, for you.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: IdleJoe
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #11 on: 01 12, 2020, 04:12:54 pm »
Surely 90 minutes is pretty long to wait to play a 30 minute in-game event and we had tons of conversations whether that should be suggested or not. I am pretty confident that most of the players will enjoy playing 1 CE inside their hour, so there's pretty much nothing left to say than positive.
Knowledge will give you power, but character will give you respect.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Al3raB

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Al3raB~
« Reply #12 on: 01 12, 2020, 06:07:43 pm »
90 Minutes is long period to be honest, and spliting it into two halfs will be good idea. That will reduce inconveniences and will increase entertainment inside our criminal activities. nothing pervert me to vote negative so voting Positive.

Offline Ivy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 01 12, 2020, 08:38:14 pm »
45 minutes seems like a better wait time than 90 minutes. Sometimes I attend a lot of armed robberies that just gets boring and exhausting quite honestly. The CE is kind of refreshing after attending all of these ARs, and that's mainly because you wait an hour and a half to play a 20 minute-ish event. But I don't think reducing the time to 45 minutes would take its refreshing feeling away from it, and cutting the rewards by half since the wait time was also cut by half seems like a fair approach. I'm in favor of this.
« Last Edit: 01 12, 2020, 08:39:48 pm by Ivy »

Offline Avices

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Squad: WhiteBeard
« Reply #14 on: 02 12, 2020, 12:13:23 am »
I like this suggestion. Because, I feel that participating in a crime event takes 90 minutes to join it and I feel that time is too long. This makes many criminals lose their balance in their operations. as if it were. reduced to 45 minutes per crime event which proved to be quite helpful in helping players lessen their boredom with everyday AR besides CE, now unable to function as often, I vote Positively
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
pense a toi que quand le jour sombre que s'abattents sur moi

PolisOzelHarekat Leader
ex:LMT74 Founder
ex: Underboss HazardClique
ex: Translator Vietnamese & Country Support