Author Topic: [Nuko] "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs  (Read 3661 times)

Offline Gnar2

• Regular Community Member
  • Ex Regular Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA
  • Ingame: SSC-Gnar[GLA]
  • Squad: The_Society
Re: "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs
« Reply #15 on: 09 08, 2021, 12:22:06 pm »
Vampire has a point. /countd 0 to cancel is perfect. A whole new command is just gonna be long line to type imo. Setting it to 0 will make it automatically canceled if command is entered.  :thumb:

@Mitrok You still don't get the point of the suggestion, I said this twice.. The point of it is to inform them THAT the countdown is being canceled so the plan has to be changed. Setting it to 0 might cancel it but you won't assure if they're rushing or not for example, so a big line showing up on your screen will let you know that it's been canceled
Monster and TheEvilEmpire said that it can have a bind instead, well you still can bind it to avoid typing but imo /cencelcountd isn't that long for me unless you're a slow typer, if you are, you still can bind it it's not that hard to think of.
Hope you change your mind after reading this.
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2021, 12:24:13 pm by Gnar2 »

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: 09 08, 2021, 12:56:19 pm »
@Mitrok You still don't get the point of the suggestion, I said this twice.. The point of it is to inform them THAT the countdown is being canceled so the plan has to be changed. Setting it to 0 might cancel it but you won't assure if they're rushing or not for example, so a big line showing up on your screen will let you know that it's been canceled
Monster and TheEvilEmpire said that it can have a bind instead, well you still can bind it to avoid typing but imo /cencelcountd isn't that long for me unless you're a slow typer, if you are, you still can bind it it's not that hard to think of.
Hope you change your mind after reading this.
Considering you just wrote /cencelcountd, you'd also have struggles typing it fast. /policecountd 0 would work great and the script can still be created to show the line: "The countdown is being canceled" if you type in /policecountd 0, so don't worry about it.

Oh and you can also bind /policecountd 0 to a key by simply doing /bind key policecountd 0. So you have nothing changed except that the command is being made simpler for everybody.
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2021, 01:03:56 pm by Danzy »
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Gnar2

« Reply #17 on: 09 08, 2021, 02:53:59 pm »
Considering you just wrote /cencelcountd, you'd also have struggles typing it fast. /policecountd 0 would work great and the script can still be created to show the line: "The countdown is being canceled" if you type in /policecountd 0, so don't worry about it.

Oh and you can also bind /policecountd 0 to a key by simply doing /bind key policecountd 0. So you have nothing changed except that the command is being made simpler for everybody.

Unless there should be a script for /policecountd 0 or /crimcountd 0 to show this line on their screens "Countdown has been canceled" then I guess it'll be the same as the command I suggested but the difference is there won't be a new command but using /policecountd 0 for example will show up that line.. Anyway this won't harm anyone, i'll accept having a script for /policecountd 0 or /crimcountd 0
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2021, 02:55:36 pm by Gnar2 »

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
« Reply #18 on: 09 08, 2021, 03:03:46 pm »
Unless there should be a script for /policecountd 0 or /crimcountd 0 to show this line on their screens "Countdown has been canceled" then I guess it'll be the same as the command I suggested but the difference is there won't be a new command but using /policecountd 0 for example will show up that line.. Anyway this won't harm anyone, i'll accept having a script for /policecountd 0 or /crimcountd 0
Yeah, exactly. It will be much more straight forward than adding a whole new command.

Work in progress.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Raef

• The Raffaello
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
Re: [Danzy] "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs
« Reply #19 on: 17 08, 2021, 06:25:13 pm »
I, myself, have witnessed how things change very fast in CnR activities, especially in Criminal Events. Imagine a Police Chief/Criminal Boss who sets a countdown to rush with his teammates because, obviously, they outnumber the enemy team. However, when the countdown is already in progress, there is a possibility of the other team getting more players and making the game balanced for both teams. Of course, rushing wouldn't be a good idea at all. Instead, if the countdown was kept and wasn't canceled, lots of units of that team that was about to rush will surely die. So yeah, this is highly needed.
I'm positive.

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline mx

• New Community Member
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team1O
  • Ingame: 1Omaxd
« Reply #20 on: 17 08, 2021, 06:44:01 pm »
well, this is usefull for Cbs/PCs. If they start count by mistake and want to cancel, that commandS will help Supporting  :tick:
takea'seat

Offline Tropkillaz

• New Community Member
  • ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
    YearsYears
  • Group: Global_Army
  • Ingame: Tropkillaz
  • Squad: Merryweather
« Reply #21 on: 17 08, 2021, 10:36:02 pm »
Yes, this would be very useful.

Offline Cytrx

YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cytrx
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #22 on: 21 08, 2021, 01:03:38 pm »
Well Danzy gave out a solution that I think is more reasonable instead of adding a new command to cancel a count down you can just use /policecountd 0 and the message that should appear is "Count down has been cancelled" or any message that the community agrees on. I think this is very important because sometimes criminals/cops do a countdown but they get surprised with a huge number of cops or criminals they weren't calculating so adding this will make the criminal bosses and police chiefs lead professionally and carefully and this will decrease the amount of faulty countdowns that end with the death of the whole team pushing. Supporting!

Offline BornMoris

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Ownage
  • Ingame: BornMoris
  • Squad: Morises
« Reply #23 on: 22 08, 2021, 04:11:17 pm »
I support this suggestion , sometimes the countdown can be started incorrectly, and there was no command to stop the countdown, and players will not be confused with this -/cancelcountd command. if this suggestion is added, this problem can be removed from there. My vote is positive.

(ADVERT) BornMoris{1%}[Bones]LS: Just a memory.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #24 on: 23 08, 2021, 10:10:48 am »
It's going to be useful for PC's/CB's but sometimes in CE's there is no CB/PC so as a criminal am trying to push by making a /countdown 10 so I think it should be added to normal Players also but am positive anyway

Offline Gnar2

« Reply #25 on: 23 08, 2021, 11:46:37 am »
It's going to be useful for PC's/CB's but sometimes in CE's there is no CB/PC so as a criminal am trying to push by making a /countdown 10 so I think it should be added to normal Players also but am positive anyway

That's not the point of the suggestion but I appreciate your vote, the point of is to cancel countdowns that meant to be for CBs and PCs since plans can be changed quickly, for example losing players on your side at a certain point after doing a countdown for rushing, it literally sucks to be in this situation and I recommended a new command to cancel the countdown in such situations to avoid losing players. Danzy suggested to add a brand new script for doing /policecoutd 0 (or /crimcountd 0) instead of making a whole new command, I also appreciate his opinion and I think  having a script on setting the countdown to 0 won't harm anything but in one condition which is to add a line on their screen that shows the countdown is being canceled "Countdown has been canceled ! (with a reason if possible)"

Offline Gnar2

« Reply #26 on: 25 08, 2021, 08:16:53 am »
as I know, you have to do policecountd 0 to cancel countd as CEM doing.
so, to added some features is useless, tho you didn't need this as I told you just do policecountd 0 or crimcountd 0 to cancel the countd.
this is my opinon Negative.

I am not gonna waste time typing a wall of words in here, so better read the suggestion 2 or 3 times to get this in your brain.. But i'll keep it as short as possible for you hope you don't bother reading this. The point of it is to assure that no one is sacrificing himself after the plan comes to a change, you seem like a new person so don't get involved in this if you're not 100% sure what it means when a plan comes to a change during the countdown (for example if the countdown is meant to be for a rush) my fella PCs and other active officers will assure that stuff like this happens when one of us gets to a point where we set a countdown for a rush inside a CE for example, there is a chance for the criminals having backup during the countdown after its been set, so that will ruin everything plus losing units on my side, yelling and spamming the chat to avoid people rushing is annoying and pointless since some of them might rush after all, the same goes for the CBs and participants from the criminal side. Danzy suggested to have a brand new script for /policecountd 0 or /crimcountd 0 instead of having a new command, either they're working for a new command or writing scripts for setting the countdown to 0, they gotta show a test on your whole screen just to assure that you're not rushing for no reason.. It is really not my problem if you bother reading anything from the suggestion or the replies and being the only one who voted negative without understanding a single thing @bullwark

Offline Manexi

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
« Reply #27 on: 26 08, 2021, 03:23:25 pm »
Positive  :tick:

This should be added, sometimes CB's or PC's add a wrong countdown, I mean they add a countdown to push on the other side while you can't push or if u push you'll die.

Offline Smoky

• Donator L3
  • You only live once - make it count ;)
  • Group: CTD
  • Ingame: Smoky
  • Squad: Merryweather
« Reply #28 on: 27 08, 2021, 06:02:22 am »
This will be a very good addition. As a police chief, often times we use the cd and cancel it verbally at the last moment when the situation changes, that causes confusion among the officers on the field. This command will eliminate that factor.  Voting positive.
Director General Of Counter Terrorism Department
Chief Executive Officer Of Merryweather
10 Years as  LAW Officer in CIT

Offline zurq

• Senior Community Member
  • xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #29 on: 01 09, 2021, 01:39:13 pm »
This suggestion will be very helpful for PCs and CBs, because there is atleast a percent of 10% that PCs/CBs are wanted to stop that count down. But, they can't, so people will rush or whatever else, and die. This will be very helpful, such a simple idea. Why not, I am supporting! :tick:
Left this game already.