Switch When Shooting: No
65 (2.6%)
Projectile Cool Down: Yes
95 (3.8%)
Projectile Cool Down: No
128 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Voting closed: 16 08, 2021, 09:10:01 pm

Author Topic: [+++] Removing LV Preference  (Read 9609 times)

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
[+++] Removing LV Preference
« on: 03 08, 2021, 03:41:50 pm »
Well, the main point of the suggestion is to remove the LV preferences and stick with specific options.
Why was the preference system added?
The preference system was added to avoid monthly suggestions, as some players would for example suggest disabling the sea sparrow, and then one month later, others would suggest enabling it again.
Why do we want to remove the preference system?
As LV is currently splitting into two sides, the first side has for example 30 players online and the second side has 25 players online which means they're controlling the gameplay of the side with a lower quantity which in return gives them advantages like enabling sea sparrow or RPG spamming, even if classic LV has been enabled.
Therefore I'm here to suggest removing LV preference and we will stick with:
Show content
Explosive Resistance: No
Classic / Old LV: No
Drop Grenade When Running: Yes
200 Max Health: Yes
Sea Sparrow Shooting: No
Sniper Instant Shoot: Yes
Buy RPG Command: Yes
Switch When Throwing Exploit: Yes
Extra Game Speed: Yes
Switch When Shooting: Yes
Projectile Cool Down: No

EDIT:
How a group can take advantage of that system?
Okay, we have a live example right now and that's the MAIN reason why I chose to make this suggestion.
we have ChaosGuardians as an example they decided to come to play in LV so they changed OUR Gameplay so they can play it alone and take LV
[LV] Classic / Old LV: Yes (Yes: 19 No: 14)
what stability u guys talking about if any group of people can change the gameplay the mechanics and everything okay now LV is unplayable because of that preferences system I like the fact most of the people who voted negative aren't LV players and didn't face this issue before.
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2021, 06:20:35 pm by HosttyBoy »

Offline 9R

• Guard_Ghosts Owner
  • Senior Community Member
  • ProCriminal.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GuardGhosts
  • Ingame: 9R'~
  • Squad: SA
Re: Removing LV Preference
« Reply #1 on: 03 08, 2021, 03:46:56 pm »
the only time I enjoy LV when Explosive Resistance is on so no thanks, At least with the voting system we can play from time to time.
لا يكذب المرء إلا من مهانته ... أو فعله السوء أو من قلة الأدب
لبعض جيفة كلب خير رائحة ... من كذبة المرء في جد وفي لعب

Guard_Ghosts.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #2 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:00:41 pm »
Some months ago there was a rule that you couldn't suggest removing preferences, you could even get a warning. The rule has been removed by administrator when the rules were simplified. There's a blacklisted topic with "Nerfing a feature which is associated with a specific preference and can be disabled by players' votes is prohibited." I am not really sure that it applies to this one. So it remains opened as there's no objection.

« Last Edit: 03 08, 2021, 10:28:46 pm by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #3 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:04:33 pm »
This would make another chaos and repeating the shit again. It is better to stop talking about this. But if you really have something against this you should make one topic for every preferences.

Negative.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:10:41 pm »
This would make another chaos and repeating the shit again. It is better to stop talking about this. But if you really have something against this you should make one topic for every preferences.

Negative.
What do you mean another chaos while we're having currently 51 players in LV 39 in 1 single side and the other side having 11 players only
so the side with 39 players can control the whole gameplay of LV by making it classic LV so it cannot be playable for the 11 players or by enabling RPG spam.
[INSIDE LV]
SIDE A
27 players from Vancouver
8 players from HoBoS
2 players from Oldgang
2 players from Vexatious
SIDE B
8 players from acid rain
3 players from xCode

We must choose how we will play
Negative
I'm not the one who choose that preferences to stick with
most of the time that preferences are chosen
« Last Edit: 03 08, 2021, 04:20:16 pm by daddy »

Offline BoSs

• Junior Community Member
  • Skill / Strength / Loyal
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BoSs
« Reply #5 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:13:50 pm »
I accept the fact preference were added to avoid spamming suggestion board about enabling and disabling but now LV is different because we're having only 2 sides so the side with more online gets higher advantage with it so that's why this suggestion is needed to be more fair and without giving advantages to the side with higher quantity. Upvote
BoSs added as Arabic Helper.(24.10.2020 Omar + MgD)
Jan 4th: @BoSs Accepted for JCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #6 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:19:25 pm »
What do you mean another chaos while we're having currently 51 players in LV 37 in 1 single side and the other side having 14 players only
so the side with 37 players can control the whole gameplay of LV by making it classic LV so it cannot be playable for the 14 players or by enabling RPG spam.
You know the history about how we can treat LV players? You guys are so special even you have many preferences. If we disable this shit again in the next week another player from LV will make another suggestion to make a preferences. As I said we are bored about your problems while another side make some improvements you guys always asking for reverting and upgrading. So, here we go again! The cyclus never end.

Just like this image.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:21:41 pm »
You know the history about how we can treat LV players? You guys are so special even you have many preferences. If we disable this shit again in the next week another player from LV will make another suggestion to make a preferences. As I said we are bored about your problems while another side make some improvements you guys always asking for reverting and upgrading. So, here we go again! The cyclus never end.

Just like this image.

let's wait for the votes and it gonna decide what's gonna happen if most of the LV players supported this idea if the lower percentage like 10% who doesn't support it made 1000 suggestions it won't be even supported or accepted.

Offline Metehan

• New Community Member
  • Uncertain
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5th 1O
  • Ingame: Mete
  • Squad: 2O11
« Reply #8 on: 03 08, 2021, 04:35:24 pm »
It doesn't mean people are voting for what their group leaders want. I'm just voting for how I want to play if my group leader wants to play in another style he is free to vote what he wants.
Instead of removing the preference system stop forcing people to vote for what guys want
 I'm negative
117-94-77-55-27-9-2
             87-66-58-19-7
              144-127

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #9 on: 03 08, 2021, 06:33:21 pm »
I'm positive for every suggestion which has removing any preference mentioned in it. I've explained the reasons very well in my previous suggestions and posts of why they affect the server negatively and stagnate server's development. There is no such thing in ANY game for players to change important gameplay mechanics in an instant, designing and managing gameplay requires reasons and explanations of how it'll improve gameplay or add something new to it. There is no such thing in game development to listen and rely only on what majority of players prefer, updates and balance changes require solid proofs and reasons to back it up.

What's so bad in updating LV every month or so? If there are updates and changes in every other aspect of the game, why it's so controversial to change some bits in LV from time to time? Take any game, for example League of Legends, characters and items get nerfed, buffed, changed or removed on every patch, usually every month and it's the reason the game is still not dead for a decade already.

LV additions, changes and balance issues all need to be discussed like everything else in the community, being stuck with the same players for 3 or 4 years haven't had much of a positive impact on the server and it's clearly noticeable.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline swe

• Junior Community Member
  • 🥷🏾
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 03 08, 2021, 08:46:14 pm »
Yes, something like this is really needed, I've been wanting it for a long time,so my vote is positive :tick:
🥷🏾

Offline WeL3a

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #11 on: 03 08, 2021, 08:58:14 pm »
what is the point of having un-stable gameplay and whatever the higher quantity choose the game keep changing or the speed become slower we need to have a stable game. upvote

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #12 on: 03 08, 2021, 10:02:30 pm »
I agree with this. providing fairness and suitable game play for people who demand it is a must. the atmosphere in LV should be made of the things that are appealing to the majority of actual LV Enjoyers. if the majority controls everything for their own gain, there would be no competition in the field, and that wouldn't be of any good to the city's purpose in the long run.

Offline Western

• lol
« Reply #13 on: 04 08, 2021, 01:13:40 am »
Changes like rapid rpg spams or old and classic LV which can be used by an entire group or a majority of players is pretty disturbing to basically.. everybody? Despite all of that, the majority agrees either way within the discussion server as this is their city. Thus, I am in support of this suggestion.

Offline MaThew~Zika

• Regular Community Member
  • Pacing e leading
  • Group: reliQuias
  • Ingame: XaQy
  • Squad: 🤬🖕
« Reply #14 on: 04 08, 2021, 02:08:17 am »
I dont agree about the LV preference "extra game speed"  thing so i'm going to stay neutral about the whole suggestion. if u consider changing the speed to default one.  :azn: