Switch When Shooting: No
65 (2.6%)
Projectile Cool Down: Yes
95 (3.8%)
Projectile Cool Down: No
128 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Voting closed: 16 08, 2021, 09:10:01 pm

Author Topic: [+++] Removing LV Preference  (Read 9617 times)

Offline GoldNugget

• Senior Community Member
  • Force is meaningless without skill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
Re: Removing LV Preference
« Reply #45 on: 06 08, 2021, 07:16:24 pm »
not everyone is gona agree with your own LV pref,you're gona need to make a poll here or vote or whatever it is,and guess what everyone is gona come voting no or yes because that LV players told him to do it and there is no way it aint gona hapend,its just another war of LV sides but in voting,and then we're gona see wall of suggestions of bringing back old speed or anything or any fucking shit,so just keep things as they're and say alhamdulillah , just like LS, 8 or 9 topics in the last 3 months about removing LS and every topic have atleast 11 pages and it didnt go infavor because every city is split in two sides,the guys with the positives votes and the negatives votes,and the other 2 citys is also split in 2 sides,the helpers of the negative votes team and the other helpers of the positive votes team.
i'm not gona vote ,i just gave my opinion
 (◔◡◔) (◔◡◔) (◔◡◔) Have a great day bois n girls  (◔◡◔) (◔◡◔) (◔◡◔)

After preferences removal everyone will be able to suggest ideas on discussion board like every normal change on the server.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #46 on: 06 08, 2021, 07:23:46 pm »
The current situation of the LV makes newbies and LS players run out of LV which makes it easier for LV veterans who spend 24/7 on the city to capture all the turfs. The reason for this is that the gameplay is changing every single day and it's hard for people to adapt themselves to the situation. 1 single gameplay must be chosen so all the players of the server can adapt themselves to the city if they ever enter the city. The question is how can we attract players to the LV? It's certainly not by having tons of gameplays which change every single day but its with having 1 single gameplay so it'll be much easier for players to adapt in LV.  :tick:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Jason

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #47 on: 06 08, 2021, 08:49:49 pm »
The preference system in general is an attempt to satisfy everyone by giving them options, but more often than not its just annoys people and gets abused, especially in LV. Chaos rocking up with 30 players in LV and changing to LS gameplay on demand is a prime example of how broken the system is, with more subtle examples occuring daily such as the crackier side in LV at any given time changing to no RPG cooldown, low explosive resistance and sea sparrow shooting to make sure the other side gives up, simply due to being annoyed by the settings. Lets just stick to the most popular options and if any player(s) want to change how LV is, they can suggest it here and we can discuss it. LV players have a reputation of fighting eachother all the time, but as you can see the opinions are almost unanimously against preferences and the discussions are pretty civil independent of sides. Lets get rid of this abusive shit, voting positive.

Offline xenonso

• 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: PA~|C|xenonso#K
  • Squad: KnockedOut
« Reply #48 on: 07 08, 2021, 10:51:44 am »
LV Preference system is just getting abused by players, imo a stable combat system will be better for us all. Then my vote will be positive.
SCM - Ex. Polish Translator - Ex. GLM - Ex. SO

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #49 on: 09 08, 2021, 03:58:46 pm »
If a moderator counts the vote and enough players support this then we'll have a poll as to what to keep the preferences permanently as.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #50 on: 09 08, 2021, 04:13:51 pm »
If a moderator counts the vote and enough players support this then we'll have a poll as to what to keep the preferences permanently as.

That could be done. I hope that doesn't mean you'll blacklist LV suggestions after LV preferences removal.. The main point of this, other than preferences being abused by groups to gain advantages instantaneously, is to make LV balance changes, improvements and implementations discussable on this board like every other thing on the server. Meaning even if the change of, let's say, Deagle is required from time to time, you'll not get frustrated to accept it.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #51 on: 09 08, 2021, 06:20:15 pm »
 - 33 Positive votes
 - 6 Negative votes
 - Total : 27 Positive votes

1- If your suggestion is clearly supported, moderators can mark it as Medium/High Priority without needing to wait 7 days. The same applies if your suggestion is clearly unsupported, we are free to lock it. Moreover, moderators can lock a suggestion if it got less than 5 votes in 4 days.
Marked as High priority.

[LV] Explosive Resistance: No
[LV] Classic / Old LV: No
[LV] Drop Grenade When Running: Yes
[LV] 200 Max Health: Yes
[LV] Sea Sparrow Shooting: No
[LV] Sniper Instant Shoot: Yes
[LV] Buy RPG Command: Yes
[LV] Switch When Throwing Exploit: Yes
[LV] Extra Game Speed: Yes
[LV] Switch When Shooting: Yes
[LV] Projectile Cool Down: No'
These are the preferences that daddy suggested on LV discussion discord.
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2021, 06:31:40 pm by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline despe

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18thStreetGang
  • Squad: Barrio Pobre 18
Re: [+++] Removing LV Preference
« Reply #52 on: 09 08, 2021, 06:23:33 pm »
I agree  :tick: with all of the preferences daddy stated we already had poll in LV discussion discord.

Offline WeL3a

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #53 on: 09 08, 2021, 07:48:12 pm »
Okay I agree with all of the preferences daddy stated. We already voted on this preferences since 27 july

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #54 on: 09 08, 2021, 09:10:55 pm »
Poll added to topic. Vote open for 7 days.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #55 on: 11 08, 2021, 01:32:35 am »

I think people should be allowed to change votes. I accidentally voted on something I didn't want to, just noticed and unfortunately, can't change the vote.

Offline MaX15

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: MaX15
« Reply #56 on: 11 08, 2021, 09:54:27 am »
The fact that these preferences are still being voted on by players makes it functional and not useless, as the main point of the preference is the presentation of the majority will (LV players to be specific) which seems not to be applied here as an in-game. If someone asked me to vote on something I don't want to be applied, I simply ignore it. and if the majority voted on something then this is not abuse, but the majority voted for it which sounds more reasonable than the minority having control over the gameplay.

Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.

Offline GoldNugget

« Reply #57 on: 11 08, 2021, 02:39:28 pm »
The fact that these preferences are still being voted on by players makes it functional and not useless, as the main point of the preference is the presentation of the majority will (LV players to be specific) which seems not to be applied here as an in-game. If someone asked me to vote on something I don't want to be applied, I simply ignore it. and if the majority voted on something then this is not abuse, but the majority voted for it which sounds more reasonable than the minority having control over the gameplay.

That's not how democracy should work in theory, given the example of the one group and an alliance having control of the "majority" of the player count, it's very clear. Taking into consideration that the system was intended to be used fairly among the players, it is being abused by controlling the gameplay favoring the groups and alliances with a much higher members count. That's also how democracy is being abused at every other community or society, give all the people ability to cast a vote on very influential changes, without demanding or evaluating reasons behind them, and you get some particular group of people influencing every other people's votes to gain advantages for themselves. Democracy's flaws explained on the in-game incidence, what would you not learn by games, huh?

Offline DEATH

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
« Reply #58 on: 11 08, 2021, 04:22:59 pm »
That's not how democracy should work in theory, given the example of the one group and an alliance having control of the "majority" of the player count, it's very clear. Taking into consideration that the system was intended to be used fairly among the players, it is being abused by controlling the gameplay favoring the groups and alliances with a much higher members count. That's also how democracy is being abused at every other community or society, give all the people ability to cast a vote on very influential changes, without demanding or evaluating reasons behind them, and you get some particular group of people influencing every other people's votes to gain advantages for themselves. Democracy's flaws explained on the in-game incidence, what would you not learn by games, huh?

CIT isn't a democracy. The polls are already fucked up as well.

Projectile Cool Down: Yes 52 (3.8%)
Projectile Cool Down: No 71 (5.2%)

Explosive Resistance: Yes 56 (4.1%)
Explosive Resistance: No 68 (5%)

I guarantee a decline in LV population dependent just on these two categories.

Why even make this poll if the original suggestion clearly stated the following:

Well, the main point of the suggestion is to remove the LV preferences and stick with specific options.
Therefore I'm here to suggest removing LV preference and we will stick with:
Show content
Explosive Resistance: No
Classic / Old LV: No
Drop Grenade When Running: Yes
200 Max Health: Yes
Sea Sparrow Shooting: No
Sniper Instant Shoot: Yes
Buy RPG Command: Yes
Switch When Throwing Exploit: Yes
Extra Game Speed: Yes
Switch When Shooting: Yes
Projectile Cool Down: No

The positive votes on this suggestion were based on the points above, it shouldn't have been made more convoluted by introducing another variable and levying the decision on anyone with a forum account regardless of their activity or their faction/genre of gameplay.
« Last Edit: 11 08, 2021, 04:44:47 pm by DEATH »

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #59 on: 11 08, 2021, 04:27:15 pm »

A poll where anyone can vote regardless of them being a LV player while LV has a lower player base than LS...

I remember a long time ago I had suggested that the LV preferences need to have a requirement that you must meet in order to be able to vote (for example X amount of kills in LV, or X turfs taken in LV [before LS turfs were counted]). That would be more logical.

Better idea: The same poll but in a small GUI for 7 days which would open once you log in-game, or there would be a notification letting you know you can vote in that GUI with a certain command such as /voteLV. You must meet certain requirements, like 5000 kills in LV, in order to vote on the poll's questions.

But I understand that you may not think it's worth the hassle, just giving my two cents.
« Last Edit: 11 08, 2021, 04:32:18 pm by OhhKarim »
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.