Author Topic: My friend created an account and can't connect to the server.  (Read 850 times)

Offline SoggyWaffl3

YearsYears
Basically, he created an account but when he presses log in he gets auto kicked from the server. The message reads: "Disconnected: You were kicked by Console (Use of "ICM" is restricted to ICM's.)

What is an "ICM"?
Why is he getting kicked automatically?
How do you fix this?

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
Re: My friend created an account and can't connect to the server.
« Reply #1 on: 17 08, 2021, 05:47:34 pm »
Your friend used a name that contain "ICM" text. As you know, it is forbidden to use ICM or Staff tag [CIT]. Tell your friend to change his name before joining the server.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Raef

• The Raffaello
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #2 on: 17 08, 2021, 06:01:16 pm »
ICM basically stands for In-game Chat Moderator.
He's getting automatically kicked because using the [ICM] tag is only restricted to those players who are holding that position.
To fix it, just tell him to change his name/remove the [ICM] tag using '/nick <new name>'. Or, he can head to MTA settings and change it from there.

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline SoggyWaffl3

YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 17 08, 2021, 06:07:48 pm »
Thank you so much this fixed the problem!