Author Topic: [+++] Making an official discord server.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
  • Ingame: DeathWish
  • Squad: Vintage
[+++] Making an official discord server.
« on: 01 11, 2023, 12:13:44 pm »
Hi,

So I was talking IG with some players and it dawned me that we don't have an official discord server. (Brian said that the discord we have isn't official since IronMan has the ownership and not Brian or Arran) So I suggest making a new one that is official and we push it harder than now.

Why? well this CIT discord we have now is bad for the server, it already has a bad reputation among players that it's a shithole where everybody verbally abuses everybody else so Imagine we have that on our front page in the forum das bad. Also the forum is getting outdated bit by bit and the newer generation of kids are using discord and strive off discord so we should accommodate them since I believe this will help bring new blood to the server.

How will the server be handled?
1) Only Brian or Arran will have ownership of the server (since they're a constant in CIT)
2) Staffs get access to moderate the server.
3) You can make a position for players to be a moderator there so player could help who have ideas and are better at using discord.
4) Add a suggestions, complaints, punishment appeals boards there (there's a way to make some sort of forum there
5) make a support channel there.
6) add different languages memes pics bots discussions talking to staff chat etc etc.

Discord has a lot of useful stuff like Mute Ban and kick which would be given to people who break the rules.

I believe this should be made a reality because the newer generation of players can and know how to use discord easily and won't be intimidated by having to use an ancient forum and navigating around it
« Last Edit: 03 11, 2023, 02:14:47 pm by Violet »
A) Don't jump to conclusions, gather sufficient evidence first.

Offline IamAhmed

• New Community Member
    Years
Re: Making an official discord server.
« Reply #1 on: 01 11, 2023, 12:29:47 pm »
Postive

Offline Blue.

• Community Event Manager
    YearsYears
  • Group: TR
  • Ingame: Blue
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #2 on: 01 11, 2023, 12:58:12 pm »
 :tick:
Community Event Manager
Guide & Honorable
Ex. Group Level Manager
Ex. CIT News Administrator & Honorable
Ex. State Official
Ex. Arabic Translator
Senior Community Member

Offline Smith.

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #3 on: 01 11, 2023, 01:33:44 pm »

Offline LuaR

• Group: Bikers MC
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #4 on: 01 11, 2023, 01:51:26 pm »
yes indeed, will optmize the server and the admins work, and they will not face the fake behalf appeals
Positive.
Indulgence instead of abstinence
Bikers Forever, Forever Bikers!

Wrath & DZ Board Moderator
 Wrath Co-Founder / Bikers Scumbag / EX RCM / DZ Guide / +35 Contribution.

Offline Impostor

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
« Reply #5 on: 01 11, 2023, 01:52:56 pm »
Staff already has too much shit to worry about. Give them a new server to moderate and they'll no longer have time to play.
+
Not everyone is interested in participating in the development of new ideas so it's no big deal that the forum is not the most newbie friendly environment.
+
There is support chat ingame.

The only positive outcome is the possibility of having new players engaging with the community while away from home so they'll maintain the hype for longer and possibly not quit.
But honestly... I don't think that an ancient forum website is a problem for someone that is willing to play an ancient game that relies on /commands for pretty much everything.

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
« Reply #6 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:01:28 pm »
Staff already has too much shit to worry about. Give them a new server to moderate and they'll no longer have time to play.

I suggested also to give players the ability to moderate it, it can be an administrative duty.

Not everyone is interested in participating in the development of new ideas so it's no big deal that the forum is not the most newbie friendly environment.

How do you know that people are just not able to adjust to the forum? or unwilling? while they most likely adjusted to discord a long time ago.

There is support chat ingame.

Some questions cannot be answered IG very good on discord it can be made easier to fix issues for people like mods issues etc etc.

But honestly... I don't think that an ancient forum website is a problem for someone that is willing to play an ancient game that relies on /commands for pretty much everything.

Really? what's easier for a new player (young player in age aswell) to adapt to. Discord where he most likely uses it for school with friends and with other games or a forum that has not been used by people since a very long time.

Look at it this way for me you and many others here forum is regular for us because by the time we started using the internet forums were the big thing but think of the new age of people that grew up using discord? why force these people away. and lets be honest engaging with the community through the forum is a huge part of what makes this server what it is we should accommodate for the young players aswell if you wish to have a better new player retention and I believe this will make great strides in that.

Offline Impostor

« Reply #7 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:14:36 pm »
I suggested also to give players the ability to moderate it, it can be an administrative duty.
Discord mods are lil dictator wannabes. A new punishment appeal system would be necessary.

How do you know that people are just not able to adjust to the forum? or unwilling?
I never said that. In fact, I could swear that this is a premise YOU brought to the table.

Really? what's easier for a new player (young player in age aswell) to adapt to. Discord where he most likely uses it for school with friends and with other games or a forum that has not been used by people since a very long time.
Do we really care about the opinions of someone that can't be arsed adapting to a forum website?

But again: it's not a completely useless idea. The possibility of keeping new players hyped is valuable. I just think that the way you suggested makes the discord server more relevant than it should be.
Still, I don't oppose entirely to it to the point voting red.

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
« Reply #8 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:39:07 pm »
Discord mods are lil dictator wannabes. A new punishment appeal system would be necessary.

The mods will be in addition to the staff team and how like the staff team works rn if they're dictators you can kick them.

I never said that. In fact, I could swear that this is a premise YOU brought to the table.

You didn't but I was asking you a question here how do you know it's not X Y or Z you can never know.

Do we really care about the opinions of someone that can't be arsed adapting to a forum website?

The server has to modernize tbh you can't be stuck using a format that was used 20 years ago and then not accept the fact that you aren't getting any new young players. If we don't modernize with the times might aswell just close the server.

I didn't understand if you're voting negative or positive please make it more understandable

Offline Dottie

• The Matriarch
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:48:51 pm »
This will be another platform for cringe community dramas therefore no ofc lol keep it unofficial  :cros:
''Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.''

Offline Myth.

• One day you’ll thank yourself for never giving up.
  • Ingame: Myth
« Reply #10 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:55:54 pm »
This idea has the potential to be quite intriguing
Positive :tick:

"Self-confidence terrifies your enemies, no matter how strong they are."
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
"No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again."

Offline Impostor

« Reply #11 on: 01 11, 2023, 02:58:33 pm »
The server has to modernize tbh you can't be stuck using a format that was used 20 years ago and then not accept the fact that you aren't getting any new young players. If we don't modernize with the times might aswell just close the server.

I didn't understand if you're voting negative or positive please make it more understandable

I'm not sure if I'd agree that modernizing is necessary. Do you think that a lot of people care about using the forums or discord in the currently hyped games for anything other than making friends? Legit question.

I don't have strong enough opinions to vote so I'm just keeping neutral while discussing aspects I find important. I don't think it is necessary but I might be out of touch with the demographics to whom the suggestion would matter the most.

Offline DeathWish

• Police Chief
  • B R U H
« Reply #12 on: 01 11, 2023, 03:00:20 pm »
This will be another platform for cringe community dramas therefore no ofc lol keep it unofficial  :cros:

You can easily just not join then. Discord server won't have anything in addition to the forum but actually if you want the full gaming experience forum is your way to go

I'm not sure if I'd agree that modernizing is necessary. Do you think that a lot of people care about using the forums or discord in the currently hyped games for anything other than making friends? Legit question.

I don't have strong enough opinions to vote so I'm just keeping neutral while discussing aspects I find important. I don't think it is necessary but I might be out of touch with the demographics to whom the suggestion would matter the most.

For me I use discord for everything even for tech support these day so I feel it has became an integral part of my life.
I use for University for work and more

Offline NightX

• New Community Member
  • Im him
  • Ingame: Night
« Reply #13 on: 01 11, 2023, 03:15:50 pm »
When I’m really done, I leave in silence.I only fight when I care…

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 01 11, 2023, 06:27:50 pm »
Handling such server ain't that big hassle. I agree we should make a cool server where new players can confront us with issues and/or seek for faster help.