Author Topic: [General] SMS Notification Sound.  (Read 5750 times)

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[General] SMS Notification Sound.
« on: 19 10, 2019, 08:06:31 pm »
Greetings Community

As title says "Adding SMS Notification Sound feature to CIT"

First of all, I just faced that situation when I was AFK and someone keeps SMS'ing me without knowing about that because I was designing something in the Photoshop, it is personal stuff but I said it to clear my point. So I would like to suggest that adding a new feature to CIT(SMS Notification Sound) because in my opinion that SMS Notification sound can be helpful for all the players and you can know if you got messages or not, you might ask "I can see all the old logs via J" but perhaps that player left the server already..... Especially when you are doing something and you are away from keyboard so you are oblivious about that thing, really annoying. I will give an example about these Notification Sounds...

-

There are many notification sounds like this one, you can make an addition to my suggestion to make it much better.

Maybe there are a lot of players won't support me because they don't like to hear the notification sounds when they are AFK, but simply you can minimize MTA sound then you will be fine.

NOTE: You can disable this feature from /settings

I hope you'll like my suggestion especially this one.

Addition: There are many options on phone to change the ring of SMS. You could find many rings on Youtube or Instagram.

Addition: You'll get the SMS notification sound only 3 times to avoid spamming with this feature. By: MaHMouD#

With my sincere regards
- Lamar
« Last Edit: 22 10, 2019, 11:40:18 am by Atheer »

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline MacMan

• Senior Community Member
  • Everyone is perfect in his own way
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
Re: SMS Notification Sound.
« Reply #1 on: 19 10, 2019, 08:12:33 pm »
Great suggestion in my opinion, Could be useful if we got a sound for our notifications, I guess we already have a sound but it's really weird, If not then we really need to add a message sound, Example, If you were on forum checking something or just left the game for while and on google and you got a notifications sound, You will notice that you got message and when you join the game back you will immediately go check who has SMSed you and will answer him, Before we never knew if someone has SMSed us, this can be useful, prefer getting a a notification sound instead of not responding to players who are SMSing me and they think I am ignoring, But actually I am on forum checking something and came back in 3 minutes, But I won't get notification cause I wasn't afk for long time, Seems nice idea for me.
Positive.
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me

Offline Atheer

« Reply #2 on: 19 10, 2019, 08:30:01 pm »
We already have a notification sound; you can enable that by pressing J > click on SMS section > Tick the Beep on Message's checkbox. However, if the current sound isn't that useful, then you can suggest changing it to another one.

However, I guess that having the same beep will confuse players due to having that checkbox on every section in J panel. Thus, adding a different sound for SMS would be a wise idea.

Consequently, I'm neutral until any further notice.

It's something complicated to enable this feature so you have to Press J and enable all the sections, I don't like that, also the players. it's useful but not really necessary.

Offline Arthur.

• Regular Community Member
  • American Dream
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 19 10, 2019, 08:52:26 pm »
Already iphone's notification sound is too loud considering it would be louder while wearing headphones, and if a staff or a criminal boss,police chief,State official. Have been afk die to some work he had to do and after a while when he comes backs he hears this sound multiple times, won't his ear hurts? And its only heard when a notifications pops up so what about a person who just became staff members and people congratulated him his ear buds would fail lol
Negative
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Atheer

« Reply #4 on: 19 10, 2019, 08:58:11 pm »
Already iphone's notification sound is too loud considering it would be louder while wearing headphones, and if a staff or a criminal boss,police chief,State official. Have been afk die to some work he had to do and after a while when he comes backs he hears this sound multiple times, won't his ear hurts? And its only heard when a notifications pops up so what about a person who just became staff members and people congratulated him his ear buds would fail lol
Negative

Didn't you read that? I said you can disable this feature via /settings, also to ignore that you can minimize MTA sound.

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #5 on: 19 10, 2019, 09:03:08 pm »
Didn't you read that? I said you can disable this feature via /settings, also to ignore that you can minimize MTA sound.
You didn't said you can disable it, you said just minimize MTA sound so you don't hear it, how is that a solution?
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Mello

• Junior Community Member
  • My honor is my loyalty.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #6 on: 19 10, 2019, 09:05:08 pm »
Having a different sound notification for SMS is way better than it having the same "beep" as the other chats, majority of players don't even know about the existence of "beep" feature in J panel already. This is a good addition for when one minimizes the game, the sound can wake the person up for a possible urgent situation.

Already iphone's notification sound is too loud considering it would be louder while wearing headphones,
The volume can be lowered..?

You didn't said you can disable it, you said just minimize MTA sound so you don't hear it, how is that a solution?

I upvote.
Former Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation(15.09.2019 - 01.01.2021)

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #7 on: 19 10, 2019, 09:13:39 pm »
Having a different sound notification for SMS is way better than it having the same "beep" as the other chats, majority of players don't even know about the existence of "beep" feature in J panel already. This is a good addition for when one minimizes the game, the sound can wake the person up for a possible urgent situation.
The volume can be lowered..?

I upvote.
Look at the main post smart-a$$ not the reply and the only reason I said lowering the volume isn't the solution because sometimes people like hearing different things that you can't hear while you lower the volume

Offline Mello

• My honor is my loyalty.
  • Group: FBI
« Reply #8 on: 19 10, 2019, 09:29:21 pm »
Look at the main post smart-a$$ not the reply and the only reason I said lowering the volume isn't the solution because sometimes people like hearing different things that you can't hear while you lower the volume
He mentioned you can disable it via /settings on his main post already, what's the matter? Perhaps you are replying without reading the whole thing? Also I didn't say lowering MTA volume, the sound effect itself can be lowered before implementing to the server.
smart-a$$
:thumb:
Former Deputy Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation(15.09.2019 - 01.01.2021)

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #9 on: 19 10, 2019, 09:47:24 pm »
He mentioned you can disable it via /settings on his main post already, what's the matter? Perhaps you are replying without reading the whole thing? Also I didn't say lowering MTA volume, the sound effect itself can be lowered before implementing to the server.:thumb:
When I first replied the "Disable" thing wasn't there perhaps he just edited it so yeah I don't bother to read things twice

Offline SugarRush

• Loli Demon
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarRush
  • Squad: DriftWorkers
« Reply #10 on: 20 10, 2019, 04:51:52 am »

Quote from: Atheer on Yesterday at 08:06:31 pm
You misunderstood again just like the other board, which you aren't really paying attention to what he described. Also checked the time between you and him, he didn't edit that before you posted which was 1 hr ago before you posted your comment.
Posted by: FastLaneGamer
« on: Yesterday at 09:47:24 pm
Before you replied, I checked it carefully before he edited his Suggestion. It was there in the first place. Next time read it twice just an advice.

Perhaps in other means can also use the desktop to disable your MTA completely as I did this to not getting bothered with the sounds since I always play as a Civilian + Music all the time from YouTube. But as what the other says, there's a notification ring for this one as when you tick the box on J>to a certain channels. However, if you'd like to disable it, I'll vote Positive for now, I'll see what the other players' opinion. Thus, your idea is really great in addition in my opinion though.

PS: I have decided to vote Positive because of your explanations and others thoughts grabbed my attention not to dislike this. Goodluck to the other voters!
« Last Edit: 21 10, 2019, 05:10:03 pm by SugarVanilla »
L3. SugarRush and L3. Quartz resigned. (25.08.2020 Rami)

Offline Atheer

« Reply #11 on: 20 10, 2019, 10:01:58 am »
You misunderstood again just like the other board, which you aren't really paying attention to what he described. Also checked the time between you and him, he didn't edit that before you posted which was 1 hr ago before you posted your comment.
Before you replied, I checked it carefully before he edited his Suggestion. It was there in the first place. Next time read it twice just an advice.

Perhaps in other means can also use the desktop to disable your MTA completely as I did this to not getting bothered with the sounds since I always play as a Civilian + Music all the time from YouTube. But as what the other says, there's a notification ring for this one as when you tick the box on J>to a certain channels. However, if you'd like to disable it, I'll vote Neutral for now, I'll see what the other players' opinion. Thus, your idea is really great in addition in my opinion though.

Hello SugarVanilla, I'd like to inform you that I wanna change this one "Beep" because it's somethin' complicated to enable it, also I want more additions for the notification sound because it's useful to most of the players like me and you, maybe you are not free to enable the "beep" so simply you can enable/disable it via /settings.

Offline Cook_HD

• Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Cook
« Reply #12 on: 20 10, 2019, 10:55:40 am »
Yes I agree with you because I have this problem too. When I was AFK and watch some movie or youtube on website its mean AFK ingame right ?. I have many notification on screen (only SMS) They asked me long time ago maybe 1 hour and I am still AFK and hes/he logged out and I cant answer then. I agree with this because if there are notification for message I think I can answer them quickly.  :tick:

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #13 on: 20 10, 2019, 01:13:28 pm »
Perhaps instead of this a notification icon can be showed to show that you have new unseen messages similar to the offline message system we had and might still have. If you receive sms and do not respond to them, an icon either in the main GUI or changing the sms icon to show it could be given. To get rid of it, you'd have to either respond to the sms or open the sms section in your phone.

This way, if you truly were afk, as in away from keyboard in which case sounds won't matter too much, you can still realize you got sent messages. I'd propose an icon to be on the screen tucked away at one of the corners that doesn't obstruct your view too much.
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘

Offline Atheer

« Reply #14 on: 20 10, 2019, 03:34:08 pm »
Perhaps instead of this a notification icon can be showed to show that you have new unseen messages similar to the offline message system we had and might still have. If you receive sms and do not respond to them, an icon either in the main GUI or changing the sms icon to show it could be given. To get rid of it, you'd have to either respond to the sms or open the sms section in your phone.

This way, if you truly were afk, as in away from keyboard in which case sounds won't matter too much, you can still realize you got sent messages. I'd propose an icon to be on the screen tucked away at one of the corners that doesn't obstruct your view too much.

I didn't mean that you're fully AFK, I meant that if you are afk like watching Youtube or browsing Facebook, also your addition is really great.