Author Topic: Role Play Y/N & How to?  (Read 1916 times)

Offline MrBot

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Role Play Y/N & How to?
« on: 27 02, 2017, 06:35:15 pm »

What's Role Play all about?
Show content
It's about fictional universe(with defined history&physics) where characters(with defined interests, motivation, abilities, stats&history) interact with each other.

What is Role Play Character in GTA multiplayer?
Show content
Your character is your toy. You create it, you paint it, you feed it, it's like tamagotchi or pokemon and you force it to interact with toys(characters) of other players.

We make "rp mod ON" only when FBI/SWAT/POLICE trainings. Why do we need to read all this sh*t?!
Show content
MTA ingame is the last place to learn about Role Play. If you want to significantly lower misunderstanding and don't want to look like newbies you need written history, rules and physics of your fictional role play game universe to be provided. Forum would fit it best.

RP trainings in FBI/SWAT/POLICE are cool just without your intrusive 10000000 words wallpaper roll.
Show content
If we talk about GTA multiplayer it has a huge amount of role play servers and communities so you can easily make empirical research, but it'll take a huge amount of time. So I can give you a free of charge suggest. All I have seen is that "Law Enforcements" behavior is one of the most important thing for any role play server(#2 to be exact, number #1 is server lag free and #3 is fast ban cheaters that crash&kill). It is related when your "RP mod ON" affects new players.

We "/me smokes cigarette" and then FBI agent "/me kicks ass with a baton" on rp training and it helps squad to be disciplined, it's cool it's like real life.
Show content
We have four different universes that three of which shouldn't be combined. First one is that player want's to expand game universe with "/me"&"/do" tools. It's ok. You have your squad in TDM game and you need some discipline training to be done. It's Ok. What does "Role Play" or "RP" is doing in your statement?! You are totally wrong, newbie, and are the potential threat for community reputation. In one statement you declare that you play in four different universes simultaneously, where the other two universes are fictional gaming "role play"(where is history/physics&rules of it, of character?) universe called "training" and universe of your personal beliefs how it happens in real life. This results in misunderstanding, offends, violations, flame and bad mood. Do you really suggest doing this?!
You have your extension to use in TDM game either in Role Play game, but don't ever mix Role Play fictional universe with TDM and especially with real life. There should be a wall between those three universes.

We've been told to act like in real life while rp training.
Show content
That player could have different beliefs about real life that could and will result in misunderstanding, offends, violations, flame and bad mood. Do you really suggest doing this to yourself?!
Game universe(with defined history, physics&rules) and characters(with defined interests, motivation, abilities, stats&history) are mandatory.

What's fun in Role Play?
Show content
You have your toy, your tamagotchi, your pokemon, your character to play with. You can feed it, you can heal it, you can throw it into a fight, or just paint it's hair to have fun. You can force it to interact with other characters. You can force it to use various abuses, age, sex and race discrimination.
Why you'd like to do so?
We all know you kids like it!
Why is it Ok?
Cause it's just your toy that abuses another toy not the other person.
Could there be any game restrictions about abusing, discrimination of Character?
Yes. There might be various reasons there could be some abuse/discrimination usage restrictions in any role play game.

Why is it a bad idea to Role Play?
Show content
There are a lot of things that might turn you from that Role Play is a good idea. Here are some of that:
- there are almost zero cool enough role play scenes in gta multiplayer role play history that were just random events(not scripted) where characters or groups of characters interact with each other using the same fictional universe and not disrupting it's physics;
- yes, all the players play in their own versions of gaming universe, that results into misunderstanding and so on;
- it's hard to create fictional universe and character for newbies, results we all know;
- it's hard to create own punctuation&chat rules for newbies, results the same;
- beliefs abous real life characters - there are thousands players on the internet suggesting their character "nigga" is true "gansta"("amahasla ama nigga") but everyone's else are fake/scam/not true, results you know;
- beliefs about real life organizations - true "police enfrcement"/true "mafia"/true "mob"/true "government"/etc, results the same;
- misunderstanding differences between player and toy(character), especially while some character abuse situation, results the same;
- non role play behavior of players toy(character) that your toy(character) is interracting with, result the same;
- almost zero server game tools for Metagaming use prevention;
- be prepaired to press record button of video screen capture program every time every time you log in to role play;
- couple terabyte storage device and fast unlimited internet are needed to store and upload gigs of videos on youtube just after every log out as evidences for compilations ;
- be prepaired for video editing job such as trimming 1,3,5,10... pieces 20 seconds of evidences from 2.5 hour play;
- be prepaired to play 5 minutes logout and spend 2 hours prepairing evidences as you try it for the first time;
- basic role play statements plus 30+ someones game universe rule statements to be memorized...

All of these factors result into real forum battles and even wars that are have sometimes more participants and are more epic than TDM in CIT. But casualties are rather high so it's not worth even give it a try.

We have some cool things sth like "/me", "/do", etc. What are those all about?
Show content
All gamers want to see a lot of technical customization things like character appearance, animations, items that are not available in original multiplayer game.
There are two ways to make it come true: code it all or code "/me", "/do", etc. Differences in person-hour and budget spendings are thousands times different.

So "/me"&"/do" made just for role play?
Show content
Not just Role Play. As mentioned above any game could use it. It's just period in evolution of input/output method into game universe, like chats that were text, then voice and now we have videochat...

If you just use "/me"&"/do" you play Role Play?
Show content
Nope. If you just use "/me"&"/do" you just use it to extend game universe. If you think that to role play you need just to use "/me"&"/do" - you are wrong. Please don't do that.

So I'm not supposed to use "/me"&"/do" in role play?
Show content
Nope. Role Play is not about universe extension("/me"&"/do") - it's about fictional universe(with defined history&rules) where characters(with defined interests, motivation, abilities, stats&history) interact with each other. Most fictional universes are so complicated, so tools of extension("/me", "/do", etc.) are needed desperately.

I've heared that if you "/me" the sentence should start with lower case letter and end without full stop(period)...
Show content
It's all about punctuation rules defined by game mastermind. You create it - you play it.

I've heared that you can ask other player questions in "/do" chat. WTF is this?
Show content
This could be used when toys(characters) interact with each other in an extended fictional universe that tools are limited to "/me"&"/do". "Player 1" has "Character 1" and needs to know how his toy(character) should have to interact with "Character 2", so "Player 1" asks "Player 2" about anything is visible/tactile&existable in "Player 2" fictional reality game world. It could be appearance of character, it's stats(while performing actions in some kind of wrestling or other physical interaction), items, other things that another character observes. Asking this in "/do" or whatever other chat is just about chat rules you create for your game.

How to...

Role Play Basic expressions
Show content
Character - it is players toy that belongs to fictional role play game universe.
Show content
Every toy(character) has defined interests, motivation, abilities, stats&history.
Character stats&abilities are part of every fictional role play game universe physics.

Fictional role play game universe - it is fictional universe where your toy(character) interacts with other toys(characters).
Show content
Every fictional role play game universe has defined history&physics.

Metagaming - it is expression to describe an action of player whose toy(character) gained any information about the fictional game universe#1 by violating statement(s) of fictional game universe#1 physics.

Powergaming - it is expression to describe an action of player whose toy(character#1) gained any abilities or/and stats in the fictional game universe#1 by violating statement(s) of fictional game universe#1 physics(character#1 stats are part of universe#1 physics).

Non Role Play behavior - it is an expression to describe actions of player whose toy(character) acts not according to it's motivation, and history combined.

Event of fair truth - it is an expression to describe an event that truly has it's place in fictional role play game universe history regardless any character observed it or not.

Forum for Role Play
Show content
If you want to use a forum to deliver any information about fictional role play universe, or characters(that are cetrainly part of it) and not be misunderstood you should mark it with words "IC" or "In Character" if observation/actions are made by character and "IFRPGU" or "In Fictional Role Play Game Universe" if it is about fictional role play game universe physics&history, events of fair truth.
If you need information out of fictional role play game universe to be displayed you should mark it with "OOFRPGU" or "Out Of Fictional  Role Play Game Universe"

Fictional Role Play Game Universe Creation
Show content
You need to define physics of your fictional universe. Physic of any fictional universe consists of natural science (sth like gravitation observation) and social behavior of characters(common sences of groups). Characters should behave logically to universe physics. Some history should explain how did common sences of groups was created and how were created items used in this universe.

Character Creation
Show content
You need to give universe information how did your character became part of it. So you need to write some history of it.
After that you need use logic of universe physics and character history to define toys(characters) stats and abilities, interests and motivation.
« Last Edit: 27 02, 2017, 06:58:17 pm by MrBot »

Offline Safi

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Fight For Honor
  • Ingame: Safi
Re: Role Play Y/N & How to?
« Reply #1 on: 27 02, 2017, 10:21:21 pm »
Really a nice work!
But don't use too much spoilers.

Ex. In-game Italian Translator
Ex. In-game Guider
Ex. Criminal Boss
Ex. Criminal Group Level Manager
Current Fight For Honor HeadBoss

Rexion

« Reply #2 on: 28 02, 2017, 07:21:17 pm »
There are several RP stories and you can create one by yourself. You can list some of the others RP as well like for totally different for law side, crime side and civilian side so that people can use it in their sides of playing and learn.

Offline iMeMPlayZ

• Put Devil to the side i got Angel on my shoulder
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1nt
  • Ingame: iMeMPlayZ.1nt
  • Squad: C҉U҉P҉C҉A҉K҉E҉S
« Reply #3 on: 31 03, 2017, 11:29:43 am »
much effort, really nice work