Author Topic: Automatic /engine system  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Pollux

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pollux
Automatic /engine system
« on: 18 04, 2020, 01:46:07 pm »
Today, one of our biggest concerns while driving cars is fuel consumption. My idea is simple, having an automatic /engine system where it completely shuts off the engine after being idle for some time, that saves fuel and brings RP (there is a system just like it in real life). The current /engine system is totally perfect, but some of us forget about it before going AFK, or just while sitting idle in the car. The fuel consumption system today consumes the same amount of fuel whether the car is idle or going 200KPH, which doesn't make sense. So I came up with my idea of an automatic engine shut down system. The system will be optional of course (Through /settings), here's how it goes:

• Being idle in a car for 2 minutes shuts off the engine.
  • Holding W for 0.5 seconds turns on the engine.

Note: This system should only work on cars according to how it goes in real life.
« Last Edit: 01 05, 2020, 06:41:36 pm by Brian »
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline Golem

• The Fake Girl
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Golem
Re: Automatic /engine system
« Reply #1 on: 18 04, 2020, 02:00:15 pm »
In my opinion, this needs to be added as soon as possible. Some players are losing high amounts of fuel even though its not that expensive, it does make a difference after losing it for staying AFK with it a couple of minutes, it is indeed our fault for not hiding them but still, a system like this could save a lot of money. Adding the W feature to turn on the engine might add some realism into the game but its not that efficient.
Added Golem as Portuguese Helper. (11.06.2019 Badboy + MaZika)
Golem accepted as ICM. (23.02.2020 Dream & L5s & L4s)
January 5, 2023, added Golem as Associate State Official. (Smart + SO Team)
Bikers Forever Forever Bikers - BFFB

Offline Pollux

« Reply #2 on: 18 04, 2020, 02:03:22 pm »
Adding the W feature to turn on the engine might add some realism into the game but its not that efficient.
There's no other realistic way to re-turn on the car other than press W, it's how it goes IRL too, when the car shuts down on a red light, all it takes is a slight press on the gas or a movement in the steering wheel.

Perhaps adding it that also steering wheel movements can re-turn on the car.
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
« Reply #3 on: 18 04, 2020, 03:24:08 pm »
I believe this suggestion would bring more realism to the game. This would also help players to consume less fuel as Pollux mentioned, which is going to save a lot of money from my perspective. This won't harm anyone, you'll have the option to disable/enable it from /settings which why I don't see any reason why not implement this in game. This suggestion would also be good for many activities, such as carshows since many people forget to turn off the engine which end up with their car in the ocean due to someone bumping into them.

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Thunder

• لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #4 on: 18 04, 2020, 03:32:52 pm »
How may I vote negative for this suggestion ?
ofc I can not, it's a realistic idea and it will help the community and will make them get benefit, it won't hurt anyone.

Adding the W feature to turn on the engine might add some realism into the game but its not that efficient.
It's very simple and realistic and it won't take much time to make the vehicle moves.

• Being idle in a car for 2 minutes shuts off the engine.
Losing fuel in 2 mins depends on the vehicle, If you are in sultan or sabre turbo or banshee then you will lose 1% in 2 mins, so I think we should make the time (3-4 mins) because 1% is not a huge loss to make the engine turns off to avoid losing the fuel.

Positive.
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #5 on: 18 04, 2020, 03:36:43 pm »
I agree, players in Las Venturas are abusing the heck out of VIP recovery, they would basically camp in a turf, whenever they feel outnumbered or close to death they would just spawn a vehicle and flee the scene in the blink of an eye which is both annoying and unrealistic. Adding the delay with a cool sound of an engine being turned on or off should help fixing the problem.

Offline MR.Beat

• Global Army Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Always fight for the thing that you love
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA / ECU
  • Ingame: MR.Beat
« Reply #6 on: 18 04, 2020, 03:37:20 pm »
I like your suggestion to add feature in the settings to stop the car, because when I go AFK, i'm sitting in my car and leave the engine "on" so my fuel Will decrease, so if this feature had been added, this will help too much to Save money and fuel.
Positive
You will be okay, storms don't last forever
Apply for Global Army

Offline Xea

• Junior Community Member
  • "It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Deathwish."
  • Ingame: Xea
  • Squad: EMS
« Reply #7 on: 18 04, 2020, 05:08:37 pm »
Even if you bind /engine sometimes it just not opens the engine due to bugs or recently typed something. Also spamming /engine command as binded may kick you from the game. I'm supporting both of you ideas, but I think second one must be added.

:tick: :tick:
Bikers forever forever Bikers.
Emergency Medical Services Co-Founder.
Ex. Turkish Guider.

Offline Hamza.

• New Community Member
  • Available for help.
  • Ingame: Hamza
« Reply #8 on: 18 04, 2020, 07:38:18 pm »
I can't see how the community would argue upon this. This will give it a satisfactory touch to being idle for a while. Not only a satisfactory touch but it will increase the realism in the game, Things would look cool and when we press w to start a cool engine starting noise could be added (a better and more realistic), I hope this gets added as soon as possible.

Positive.
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Offline Allure

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HellHounds
  • Ingame: Allure
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #9 on: 18 04, 2020, 07:42:37 pm »
Instead of the realism this will bring that everyone talks about, it will also increase the quality of life in CIT. I go AFK a lot and coming back to see my fuel tank empty. This becomes a bigger issue when you don't have any Jerry cans. A big positive from me.
There are moments in life we should just be able to have a damn remote control, so you could pause it. Even if just for five minutes. But sometimes things happen with irreverent obscenity and there’s nothing you can do to help it.

Offline Cristiano

• The One Tapper
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 19 04, 2020, 02:10:20 pm »
I assigned this command (/engine) to a key. In this way, when I stay AFK, I press that button and stop the engine. That's a good suggestion but key combinations can be discussed.

Offline Deniz

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Deniz*SWAT
« Reply #11 on: 19 04, 2020, 03:05:01 pm »
I don't see a problem here but I'm not sure if I (or people) really use this if it gets added since I mostly hide my car when I'm not using it so my vote is neutral for now.
Can you elaborate on that with proofs? Is this really "big concern"?
Today, one of our biggest concerns while driving cars is fuel consumption.
Thank you for your time

Offline Pollux

« Reply #12 on: 19 04, 2020, 03:20:28 pm »
Negative, because you can lock the engine while the AFK is in the car. Also, hide the car. It does not extract oil

I don't see a problem here but I'm not sure if I (or people) really use this if it gets added since I mostly hide my car when I'm not using it so my vote is neutral for now.
Can you elaborate on that with proofs? Is this really "big concern"?Thank you for your time

I respect both of your opinions but you clearly didn't read the whole suggestion
The system will be optional of course (Through /settings)

Offline Smart

• Treasurer of Bikers MC
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • When you're dead already, you're free.
  • Ingame: Smart|99[Biker]
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #13 on: 19 04, 2020, 04:19:37 pm »
That is a huge problem for all the players so I can agree on that. Many players go afk for only 5-10 minutes some players are afk-ing for hours and when they come back they have 0 fuel in the vehicle. Your suggestion would help a lot and it would look more realistic in some way. Because as Pollux said it would be nice to have it atleast 70% the same as it is in real life ( modern vehicles ).

I vote Positive :tick:
BIKERS M.C

Offline Deniz

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Deniz*SWAT
« Reply #14 on: 19 04, 2020, 04:26:44 pm »
I respect both of your opinions but you clearly didn't read the whole suggestion
I read the whole suggestion, developers gonna spent time for implementing this also spent more time possible bugs could arise, and if this not really get used it will not worth developers time, that is why I said:

The system will be optional of course (Through /settings)
Making this optional doesn't mean developers won't gonna spend time on suggestion or the time spent gonna worth it.

And please for the sake of constructive discussion, do not answer only a part of post.I've asked you that:
Can you elaborate on that with proofs? Is this really "big concern"?
Today, one of our biggest concerns while driving cars is fuel consumption.