Author Topic: [Nuko][+++] Ingame voting system for large proposed suggestions (up/down-voting)  (Read 807 times)

Offline Nuko

• Non Administrative Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Nuko
Title: Adding ingame voting system for large proposed suggestions (up/down-voting only)

Often enough rather large updates are pushed out and then people start complaining because the change wasn't as good, or because there weren't enough people voting on the suggestion. I have an idea in mind that will reduce or even resolve at some point this problem:

My suggestion is to create a window with a grid list that contains the titles of suggestions that are rather huge. What do I mean by huge? updates like these:
Wednesday 13th March 2024
- Made Uzi/Tec9/Colt go from dual to single weapon. (Arran + Sp1)

The way it would work:
1. A developer places a suggestion title to the panel. (Keep in mind this only counts for game changing suggestions, not minor suggestions!)
2. Players get notified about this suggestion. Online players receive a message, people that login will receive one as well.
3. You can then open the window (most likely to be used under '/vote'), select the title of the suggestion, and cast your vote.
4. You can only vote by clicking 'Upvote' or 'Downvote'. This is where the key difference is at. This system will not allow replying to suggestions, just voting.
5. After enough time has passed (set by the developer), the votes will be globally shared, as well sent to the developers for possible implementation.

This will make a huge difference in voting because we have at least 10 times the amount of players logging in daily, than the amount that casted their vote on the suggestion. To make sure every player votes on what they think is best, the amount of upvotes and downvotes will not be shown in the panel. Tweaks can be made over time but the most important stuff has been mentioned. Of course, forum would still have to be used, but for bigger changes to be implemented, they would also have to be passed through the people who do not vote on forum but play the game.

I was going to work on this, but then heard this has to be suggested.
« Last Edit: 16 03, 2024, 08:12:47 am by Violet »

Offline ManeXi

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
Few weeks ago I asked about the old "/feedback" command, and since I was inactive they told me it was replaced with "/dev" chat
Tbh the "/feedback" command is needed in such situations to avoid such in game complaints
So, i'm down with the in-game voting system rather it be the old feedback system or a new one
 :tick:

Offline Nuko

Its different than the feedback command because that is used AFTER the update was implemented. This new idea is to get a voting table on a suggestion from way more people.

Think of it as a poll that lasts for a week (could be few days, up to dev), after that week, results are shown and then we have a clear idea of what really is wanted and what not. There are a lot of people logging in daily and if it only takes a second to vote, it will not be ignored.

Offline Pollux

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pollux
Great idea, involving the non-forum users and letting them vote on suggestions through an in-game panel would be good. Not everybody uses the forum, let alone vote on suggestions.
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline xenonso

• 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: PA~|C|xenonso#K
  • Squad: KnockedOut
Good idea, supporting  :tick: :tick:
SCM - Ex. Polish Translator - Ex. GLM - Ex. SO

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline Violet

• State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
  • Ingame: Violet
This will be separate from forum votes, so if someone has already voted on the same topic, may they also vote in-game?

Offline Bhairy

• The Fifth Pyramid
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Supporting this  :tick:
Proud Ex 5thStreetSaints Leader. The First Gangster group to achieve Level 9.
If you ever need help with anything DON’T hesitate to pm me.

Online VulKanN

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: VulKanN
  • Squad: Prodigy

Offline Riddy

• Community Developer
  • Come to conquer
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Riddy
good system, involving in-game players  :tick:

maybe you’re just overthinking

Offline Nuko

This will be separate from forum votes, so if someone has already voted on the same topic, may they also vote in-game?
They can vote in-game as well, yes.

Offline MandM

• AKA MEME...
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: M&M*A-SWAT
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Probably this would fix the problem that you stated, which is the huge number of players that don't vote on suggestions because they aren't interested in the forum, but this would create another problem, which is the ease of downvoting suggestions and ruining them. Not to mention, some players will ask their friends, groupmates, or squadmates to downvote some suggestions just because they don't like those suggestions. I'm sure such a suggestion (making uzi/tec/colt single mode) wouldn't have been implemented if such a panel was created. However, these weapons are so OP that they had to be nerfed.

It would be better if we encouraged players to be active on the forum instead of allowing them to vote in the game.

Offline InVadeR

• КОМУ КАК
  • Ingame: ~BOCA
supporting this   :tick: :tick:
Do you play League of Legends add me EU West :LaCosta1

Offline FreezingX

• Guard_Ghosts Co-Founder
  • Guide
Yes, it is a wonderful concept, however the single weapon update was somewhat disliked by the majority of the community. This may help.  :thumb:

Offline Metall

• Pirus Founder
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: Metall
I believe this is a good and very necessary concept and suggestion because currently if 30 players on the forum upvote a suggestion it will be added ingame, meanwhile there are 500-600+ daily players that join the server which hasn't taken part in that suggestion and therefore as per topic creator says all major suggestions should first be voted on by the majority of players.  :tick:
L2 Staff Member, Community Event Manager, Group Level Manager, Discussion Board Moderator

Offline ManeXi

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
Its different than the feedback command because that is used AFTER the update was implemented. This new idea is to get a voting table on a suggestion from way more people.

Think of it as a poll that lasts for a week (could be few days, up to dev), after that week, results are shown and then we have a clear idea of what really is wanted and what not. There are a lot of people logging in daily and if it only takes a second to vote, it will not be ignored.

Yes yes, same thing. /feedback used to have a voting system as well afaik