Author Topic: Ability to take medkits when inside a car.  (Read 1631 times)

Yankooo6

Ability to take medkits when inside a car.
« on: 07 11, 2013, 05:45:52 pm »
Hello dear community members.

Ability to take medkits when inside a car

Well, hi there, as the title says, today I woke up and an idea came to my head, why not we'll be able to take medkits when being inside a vehicle?

What's your suggestion then?

My suggestion is simple, It's about being able to take medkits when being inside a vehicle.. When I say VEHICLES i'm referring to CARS, medkits shouldn't be able to take when being inside a bike, a plane or a boat, because it could be abuseable. THIS IS JUST ONLY FOR CARS.
Also, cars should be STOPPED when you'll take medkits, because if you take medkits when driving, it'll be easily to abuse and get healed quick, then continue.
You'd be able to take medkits as driver (Car should be stopped) or as a pasenger (Car could be travelling on the road or not)

Why this could be abuseable in bikes, boats and planes?

Well... if you get in a bike as passenger, and start to take medkits, you'll not receive damage from others because it's very hard to damage someone that is inside a bike as a passenger.
If you get in a plane and escape, you easily take medkits and get healed quick, also the cars should be stopped to being able to take, so we prevent many abuses.
If you get in a boat and escape to somewhere too far away, you'll get healed quick and came back, I think it as abuse because cop's or whoever won't be able to get you.

What could this give to the community?

If you're not wanted, It could give some more RP, because IRL you can "EAT" to get healed inside a vehicle, a plane or a boat, also a bike, but anyways I may see some abuses coming if this affects bikes, planes and boats.

Does this could bring any abuse?

As I see, it doesn't.

Well... I think that's all, feel free to ask, suggest, upvote, and downvote, but I'd like to ask you to tell me a reason for downvoting, so I'll see and maybe implement your "downvote reason". If I forgot something make sure I'll modify the post and add it.
Thank you for reading!.

/discuss.

Yanko
« Last Edit: 07 11, 2013, 05:47:55 pm by Yanko »

Offline Dr.Chip

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Dr.Chip
Re: Ability to take medkits when inside a car.
« Reply #1 on: 07 11, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »
Well, To be honest this idea is good. But, As you said it can be easily abused by binding the take medkit button and spam pressing it while driving. We can find some solutions for these problems. Till then, I am neutral.

Exege

« Reply #2 on: 07 11, 2013, 06:17:59 pm »
I totally agree and want this suggestion, sometimes you run away from cops for example and you get hurt so we shall want it to make ot better, to not die easily. Also often it can be pretty boring when you need to stop and get out of car to take a medkit. You got my vote

Yankooo6

« Reply #3 on: 10 11, 2013, 08:29:40 pm »
Well, To be honest this idea is good. But, As you said it can be easily abused by binding the take medkit button and spam pressing it while driving. We can find some solutions for these problems. Till then, I am neutral.

I don't see how would you spam the medkits inside a vehicle, it'll be the same as normal "wait 4 seconds till take another medkit", or as we know, without spam message when using speed.

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Junior Community Member
  • Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #4 on: 11 11, 2013, 07:20:53 am »
Abusable
Medit Kits at the moment give you a lot of health and using speed you can get healed quickly. This is not needed.
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 11 11, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »
I am against the idea, as because I always face players spamming the medikit behind in a fight, which is itself quite unrealistic. Well, still have to deal with it.
But if it is allowed inside a car, then that player might be unstoppable. Your idea is good, I must say, realistic, but you have no idea how common players would ruin the game-play taking that advantage. Will park a car, shoot someone. get in the car and get healed. As damaging a player in a car is still difficult than on foot. And if someone else is driving, and he is a passenger, then its far more difficult, as the driver will actually carry the injured passenger away, or hide inside the back of vehicles like Burrito, or Pony, where the passengers won't even take considerable damage.

CS Engineer | Web Developer | Philosopher | My Life in San Andreas

JuanElSniper

« Reply #6 on: 13 11, 2013, 05:16:55 am »
Down-voted. Just like Hunter said it can become abuse-able in the future. Its sort of difficult killing a player in a vehicle, let alone killing a player who's spamming med kits while in a vehicle.. and if I remember correctly, you entered a vehicle while a Medic was driving you would be healed by him, I'm not sure whether this applies only to Ambulances or if the feature was removed.

To me, allowing medics to heal players while in vehicles seems like a better approach, rather than being able to spam med kits.

BLACKPOD

« Reply #7 on: 13 11, 2013, 05:40:17 am »
Well, its a good idea. He already stated that you must not be wanted and the car must be stopped. I'll say the car engine must be off at the least.

Also, this shouldn't be available inside the city of LV, couldn't imagine the abuse there. In this case, there should be no reason for shooting people in their cars for no reason.

As for cops, it may be abusable. For example, criminals were trying to kill a cop and he recovers his car and spam medkits especially after the fact that they are already hard to kill inside a vehicle.

If there is someone in the passenger seat, (if passengers are allowed to heal themselves) they obviously can not be wanted or a HIT. If they begin shooting cops, they should be auto- ejected from the vehicle.

Disadvantages: This will take away from drive thru's, making them useless.
                          This will reduce the purpose of ambulances for the medics.

Altogether, this suggestion needs more emphasis, then you will have my full support. The only thing I can think about this is how much I could abuse the feature.

qwertyuiop21

« Reply #8 on: 13 11, 2013, 04:55:04 pm »
I agree with Chique, First of all, why would a player take some medkits in his/her car if he/she is not being either chased or killed by another player? what would damage the player while he is in the car? reckless driving? well it's their fault they drive like a drunked person... Plus Gangsters can also use this in LV and abuse it.... RolePlay as it may be but when it comes to that, going on a drive-thru is still more better than taking med kits....

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #9 on: 13 11, 2013, 05:15:32 pm »
Should work now.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.