Author Topic: New punishment system - Reward loyalty  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Glenno

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
New punishment system - Reward loyalty
« on: 15 12, 2013, 05:47:51 pm »
New punishment system
Let's reward loyalty instead of punishing it

New system, why?

Everyday players get punished by CIT staffs for breaking in game rules. A punishment is meant to 'teach' players to follow the rules and play in a nice way. However, last summer the punishment system has been changed and durations of X... punishments raised to absurd heights.

When a player receives a punishment, the player gets a line in his punishlog that won't be removed unless the punishment has been declared invalid. The problem is that punishments for breaking x rule sum up automatically followed by a x hour(s) mute or jail. This system can be used to punish people who break people every day, but at the same time it's also unfair for players who haven't received a punishment for months.

Example: You received 10 mutes for Non English in main/team chat in 2012 when you were a new player. You learned from the mistakes you made and you haven't received any punishments for Non English in 2013. Suddenly you make a small chat mistake and you receive a punishment which means you get a mute for Non English in main/team X11. That's an 8 hours mute for one mistake you made in months.

The example proofs that, in the current system, loyal members get punished and have to face big consequences for mistakes they made a long time ago.

Suggestion

It is time to show our appreciation to our regular and loyal members. It is time to show them that staffs understand that everyone makes mistakes. Loyal members should be rewarded for playing here and keeping this great community alive.

I talked with Arran and Brian and we came to an agreement:

<Glenno> Why not make it a time out of 1 hour for each offender above X15?
<Glenno> and make it that when a player hasnt been punished for like three months (except for bans), that they will lose one old punishment
<Glenno> now players, who screwed up long ago, still have to face big consequences with every mistake they make
<Glenno> Example: A player has been punished 10 times for non english in 2012. Now he makes a mistake in main chat and gets a xx hours mute for non english X11
<Arran> I guess each line can have a complex split done on it to workout the date
<Arran> and if the date is from say over xx months ago we'd ignore it

Suggestion: Punishments for breaking X rule older than 6 months won't be added to the 'sum up' if you get punished for X rule.

Example: You have been muted for Non English in May 2013 and September 2013. You make a mistake today and instead of receiving a 12 minutes mute for: (#13: Non-English in main/team x3) you receive an 8 minutes mute, so (#13: Non-English in main/team x2).

« Last Edit: 15 12, 2013, 05:53:59 pm by Glenno »

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
Re: New punishment system - Reward loyalty
« Reply #1 on: 15 12, 2013, 07:17:44 pm »
So basically the new system is calculating an interval of 6 months or so and will check the amount of punishments for rule X within that interval, rather than the whole time since registering?

If I got this right, I see no problem whatsoever, other than those people who are using the same PC with their siblings which could turn out to be bad for them as people who try not to get any punishments to avoid getting a big punishment for their next mistake could end up getting annoyed when their sibling destroys everything for them, as the system is using serial for some time now.

But anyways, great!
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline KareemFTW

• Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
« Reply #2 on: 15 12, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »
Well As I understood your suggested system is so perfect but I have an addition if you like on your suggestion.Well as you said there are many players (including me either) that broke rules in their Earlier CIT carrier or when they were newbies.There are many players that didn't receive punishment for more than 6 months,So why not making if the player didn't got punished for 9-12 months so the last punishment (except bans) will be removed completely for the PL.?

/discuss 
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department

Offline Glenno

« Reply #3 on: 15 12, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »
Well As I understood your suggested system is so perfect but I have an addition if you like on your suggestion.Well as you said there are many players (including me either) that broke rules in their Earlier CIT carrier or when they were newbies.There are many players that didn't receive punishment for more than 6 months,So why not making if the player didn't got punished for 9-12 months so the last punishment (except bans) will be removed completely for the PL.?

/discuss

I also talked about that with Arran but it seems that my suggestion is the most realistic one that can be added for now :)

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 12, 2013, 11:04:56 pm »
six months is fine for old players, I mean, they have over a year with punishments but, if what you want is to motivate the loyalty and the rules following in new players, then the time should be shorter. 3 months is the number i'd say. If in 3 months you don't learn of your past' punishments, then face them normally. If you learned from them, and made an small mistake, face the punishment as one of the first ones. Regards

Offline |C|

• New Community Member
  • Don't ever take sides against the family ✖
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: CAMORRA
  • Squad: CAMORRA
« Reply #5 on: 16 12, 2013, 01:20:48 am »
I never expected a staff trying to think of this. I agree with this suggestion, after all we learn from our mistakes. I would say that 6 months would be enough to stop counting. Or even maybe based on hours? Because a player can go inactive for a period of 6 months, come back and still doesn't change.

Anyway, great suggestion upvoted.
CAMORRA

Tyrone814

« Reply #6 on: 16 12, 2013, 07:10:54 am »
It's about time you all finally at least discussed a solution to this issue. You shouldn't be punishing players for offenses made months ago as the current system has been doing for months on end.

Ideally you should stop issuing 8 hours jails and 3 day mutes altogether as it's a cruel punishment, but since that wouldn't work for you I guess having a timeout for repeating offenses (a statute of limitations, something I mentioned months ago) is a good start in the right direction.

Offline Glenno

« Reply #7 on: 16 12, 2013, 11:14:20 am »
It's about time you all finally at least discussed a solution to this issue. You shouldn't be punishing players for offenses made months ago as the current system has been doing for months on end.

Ideally you should stop issuing 8 hours jails and 3 day mutes altogether as it's a cruel punishment, but since that wouldn't work for you I guess having a timeout for repeating offenses (a statute of limitations, something I mentioned months ago) is a good start in the right direction.

You kinda described my next suggestion :) If a player breaks the same rule more than 10/15 times within half a year, the player should get a time-out (small ban) of 1 hour or 2/3 hours instead of getting a mute or jail for hours :)

Offline Ghost05

• Senior Community Member
  • Discord: aliimaher
« Reply #8 on: 16 12, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »
I didn't get it exactly, so I have α small question!

Do you mean, for example me, my last punishment was on 3/2013 (for trolling), I got jailed on 11/2013 (for griefing). Do you mean that my punishment which is on 11/2013 should not be in my PL or what??
Original Founder of
ReaXioN | LynX | eXodus

TommyBoy1998

« Reply #9 on: 16 12, 2013, 12:40:50 pm »
Punishments in mine punishlog wich are older than 6+ months get removed? If I understand it clear.
If it is true then my punishlog seems much better ;)
« Last Edit: 16 12, 2013, 12:51:41 pm by SilverGang »

Offline Glenno

« Reply #10 on: 16 12, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »
Punishments wont be removed. The script should ignore punishments older than 6 months so you dont have to face consequences of mistakes you made long ago :)

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #11 on: 16 12, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »
Wow, Really a good idea, Thats so nice of you guys. And I got a question, what about they who (If) go inactive for 6 months in order to get the Multiply thing be reverted to "0" , what will happen to them?

Upvoted.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

Offline Glenno

« Reply #12 on: 16 12, 2013, 02:24:06 pm »
Someone who does that is completely stupid I guess? xD

XPN

« Reply #13 on: 16 12, 2013, 07:26:08 pm »
New punishment system
Let's reward loyalty instead of punishing it

New system, why?

Everyday players get punished by CIT staffs for breaking in game rules. A punishment is meant to 'teach' players to follow the rules and play in a nice way. However, last summer the punishment system has been changed and durations of X... punishments raised to absurd heights.

When a player receives a punishment, the player gets a line in his punishlog that won't be removed unless the punishment has been declared invalid. The problem is that punishments for breaking x rule sum up automatically followed by a x hour(s) mute or jail. This system can be used to punish people who break people every day, but at the same time it's also unfair for players who haven't received a punishment for months.

Example: You received 10 mutes for Non English in main/team chat in 2012 when you were a new player. You learned from the mistakes you made and you haven't received any punishments for Non English in 2013. Suddenly you make a small chat mistake and you receive a punishment which means you get a mute for Non English in main/team X11. That's an 8 hours mute for one mistake you made in months.

The example proofs that, in the current system, loyal members get punished and have to face big consequences for mistakes they made a long time ago.

Suggestion

It is time to show our appreciation to our regular and loyal members. It is time to show them that staffs understand that everyone makes mistakes. Loyal members should be rewarded for playing here and keeping this great community alive.

I talked with Arran and Brian and we came to an agreement:

Suggestion: Punishments for breaking X rule older than 6 months won't be added to the 'sum up' if you get punished for X rule.

Example: You have been muted for Non English in May 2013 and September 2013. You make a mistake today and instead of receiving a 12 minutes mute for: (#13: Non-English in main/team x3) you receive an 8 minutes mute, so (#13: Non-English in main/team x2).

+1, I was facing this problem! as I made alot of punishments while I was still learning the game, so any more punishment will be doubled punishment
so yeah, UPVOTED!

Offline KareemFTW

• Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
« Reply #14 on: 16 12, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »
I also talked about that with Arran but it seems that my suggestion is the most realistic one that can be added for now :)
ok no problem,it was just a suggestion that would be useful,but anyway your system is very fair enough and more realistic as you have said :)
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department