Author Topic: Removing the "Provocation" punishment  (Read 1798 times)

xb0xkilla162

Removing the "Provocation" punishment
« on: 05 02, 2014, 12:44:14 am »
I'm getting quite sick and tired of acknowledging that we punish people for things that are extremely minor, especially on A GAME SERVER, where things like this ARE PRACTICALLY NATURAL. I'm also tired of seeing people complain about the most minor of things that should barely even be considered insults, based on many complaints I've seen over the past few weeks. In my opinion, we should not punish people for that.

"But if this is accepted then people will provoke us non-stop"
Wait up, I haven't finished.

I suggest that we punish people who provoke EXCESSIVELY under the Trolling rule.

TL;DR: Remove the "Provocation" punishment and mute excessive provokers under 'Trolling'

beerman123

Re: Removing the "Provocation" punishment
« Reply #1 on: 05 02, 2014, 01:14:30 am »
And please also stop punishing people for "fuck you", I say that to my parents even.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 05 02, 2014, 02:43:14 am »
Agreed, countless times I've seen complaints where, looking at boths sides you come to the conclusion that, it's minor and not worth the trouble. It's frustrating that some people still validate those complaints even after hearing other people's opinions ... and yeah.

'' Easy '' and stuff like that seem get a mute now, and it's just one word? .. Like people say anything now after a kill or an arrest and get a mute, it can be annoying yes, but muting all the time is kinda not solving it or making anything better. Some things are banter, people say it to get others to fight back or idk, it's not always malicious, but the people who report it seem to be so easily offended, that ... we have to validate it just because they're offended .. when they shouldn't be for something so small ..

When I used to play, I never ever reported people for anything other than full on insults, I felt that reporting people for small things was a waste of my time, and I thought that staff would lock it anyways. I just didn't see the point, like .. I could report them .. but I'd be reporting for something small and petty, sure it annoyed me and I could of reported it, but part of me felt like it's pointless -because- it was so petty, which it was.

I have a feeling, that players seem to be quick to report, for any small thing .. that's a bit sad in all honesty, they don't need to report everything .. and we don't need to validate it either ..

I wrote this while falling asleep on the keyboard, might not make sense.
« Last Edit: 05 02, 2014, 02:48:46 am by Rabbid Rabbit »
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #3 on: 05 02, 2014, 08:04:16 am »
Would punching and kicking a dead body to show your denying stance towards your opponent while they see your kill cam be excessive trolling?

Anyways, I've never understood the difference between provocation and trolling in this game anyways. All I know is that provocation usually covered the minor things, while trolling is the important stuff. That suggests I agree, and people who cry about small provocations like in kindergarden shouldn't play here anyways. Most of them end up in tamtams ask a friend for password.. - Uhm, I mean Professional Computer Hackers - group.

If you could list two or three examples for things that are minor and fell under provocation and thus would no longer apply as punishable, that would be great. Not to encourage people to do them, but to give us an idea of what exactly we'd see bored attention grabbers do ingame
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

OnEaToNcE

« Reply #4 on: 05 02, 2014, 11:26:17 am »
I think everyone will agree with this just like me. But I want to ask you a question. People who provoke others to provoke(If you know what I mean)shouldn't get punished? With a number of x clues for example. Many people provoke people so they can rage on them and get a mute and ignorance not always works, everyone has his limits.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #5 on: 05 02, 2014, 04:02:39 pm »
People who provoke others to provoke(If you know what I mean)shouldn't get punished?

If someone says '' x '' to a person to have him react and report him for '' provoking '', the person who started should get a mute ( maybe ) for makin the person react like that.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #6 on: 05 02, 2014, 04:29:29 pm »
If someone says '' x '' to a person to have him react and report him for '' provoking '', the person who started should get a mute ( maybe ) for makin the person react like that.

For that there could be a new rule called "Encouraging Rule Breaking". That would actually apply in a huge ton of cases daily.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline RaYuS

• Peace
  • Group: nTL/CAMORRA/FP
  • Ingame: RaYuS
  • Squad: OG
« Reply #7 on: 05 02, 2014, 04:39:54 pm »
Why we must to remove "Provocation punishment"?

Trolling is when someone doesn't leave you in peace and provocation is when someone started to say something bad about you.

Neutral for now. Idk yet.
A friend in need is a friend indeed !
Kills[22:30:44]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|bango.(Combat Shotgun)
Kills[22:31:34]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|bango.(Rifle)
Kills[22:31:07]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|bango.(Combat Shotgun)
Kills[22:32:13]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed xC|Johnny'.(Vehicle)
Kills[22:32:31]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|Hitman47.rws.(Vehicle)
Kills[22:32:34]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|Pupsy.rws.(Vehicle)
Kills[22:32:44]*nTL|RaYuS[OG] killed 5th|Tmax|FLA.(Combat Shotgun)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #8 on: 05 02, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »
It wasn't in the rules but there was a punishment option for it so removed that.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.