Author Topic: One more week  (Read 3377 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
One more week
« on: 19 12, 2010, 11:55:30 am »
One week left until the release of CIT RP 1.0 to the public, but its already done! Last night I was considering opening early, but because everyone is prepared for the 26th for all this time it would be bad to bring it forward. It also gives us another week to fix the server up. But fixing doesn't take a whole week and I'm in need of something to work on.

What is a big project, important for an RP server, and wanted by everyone?

Housing system. A big task but easy for me to achieve in one week and get some house mappers mapping the whole of LS. But of course this won't just be any, rushed, lump of crap script.

Some housing systems either have no support for interiors or very little support, these systems are in my view: pointless. I will make sure that every single house mapped will come with an interior. We will also create a special policy on mapping houses, to ensure consistency in house prices.

Will we will also prevent hyper-inflation (too much money) by not giving out millions of dollars and capping the amount a player can ask for their house. If a house is mapped for $200,000 then the max somebody could charge would be for example: $400,000.

The owner of a house would be able to lock their property in the GUI so nobody can enter. If a house remains unlocked anybody can enter via the GUI. Only houses will be mapped first because businesses are a different story.

I think that the housing system is one of those things that keeps people hanging around, because they seem so desperate to have their name on a housing icon, if we didn't have this then we'd be at a disadvantage to the other RP servers.

As well as being able to enter and lock a property (cant hide from cops in it though) owners will (maybe not at the start) be able to store items in their properties like guns, drugs, money?, etc, etc. Lets bring some actual use to owning a property, not just having your name on some GUI!
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Corleone

Re: One more week
« Reply #1 on: 19 12, 2010, 12:08:25 pm »
I love it,I would also love to help you guys map,I had exp. with mapping houses,and was an admin on several servers.So thumbs up for this! :D

Anon.

« Reply #2 on: 19 12, 2010, 02:05:54 pm »
if storing system will be enabled, than maybe you should put GUI for that. and anybody that enters the house can use a GUI to steal those stored things. so more people would be careful with locing houses  :)

Offline Jaeger

• SWAT Founder
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • AKA Hunter567T
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Jaeger*SWAT
  • Squad: APO Academy
« Reply #3 on: 19 12, 2010, 02:09:14 pm »
Sounds good!
<3 Petrea - Annoying me will only cause chaos for you -  First SWAT Team Leader on CIT - SWAT Team leader for over 7 years - ex L5 CIT Staff (left due to inactivity) - ex Biker leader

Offline Arran

• Administrator
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #4 on: 19 12, 2010, 02:12:35 pm »
if storing system will be enabled, than maybe you should put GUI for that. and anybody that enters the house can use a GUI to steal those stored things. so more people would be careful with locing houses  :)

Very good idea indeed, rather than robbers just going round and randomly being able to make money, they have to actually steal off other players.

Very good point.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Alberto

« Reply #5 on: 19 12, 2010, 06:39:30 pm »
Cool THe server is ready now is just waiting for the OPEN DAY!! xD

GLAYIS

« Reply #6 on: 19 12, 2010, 07:27:40 pm »
Good one Anon. and we can create a robber job that can only rob unlocked houses to steal the weapon and drug icons of that person and so... the players won't forget to lock their houses.

And what makes me VERY VERY HAPPY that Arran (and the mappers that he will choose) have a whole week to do it so i am sure it will be the best housing system ever.