Author Topic: ''New player'' title above players' names with less than 35 hours.  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Snipe

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Snipe
This suggestion is pretty straight forward, i'd imagine that some people may find it useless. But I think it can be useful and very convenient in quite a few situations.

Basically if a player has 35 hours or less, they'll have a title above their name which will indicate that they're new. The title can be something like ''Newbie'', ''Guest'' or simply ''New player''. If I came across a person with a title like that, I would personally approach the player and see if they needed help, instead of checking people's stats individually which is something that nobody does. Or if a new player violates a rule, instead of reporting them straight away you can just give the player a warning and tell them that it's against the rules. That would save everyone time.

You'll probably say that they can just read the server information and use support. CIT is a heavily modded server which can be very complicated for next players. Believe me, having someone helping you out in person is a lot better than constantly spamming support and main and then ending up getting muted.
« Last Edit: 08 03, 2015, 02:14:21 pm by Snipe. »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Why I only think it'll only attract scammers and account hackers or in general people who woould take advantage of new players?

Because you're a pessimist.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Snipe

Why I only think it'll only attract scammers and account hackers or in general people who woould take advantage of new players?
Well then maybe for the period of 30 hours, they should get notified with a text that would appear solely in their chatbox every now and then.

Those who will be caught attempting to scam new players will be obviously reported and I assume that punished. I doubt that the server is full of scammers, if a player happened to get scammed, the player can probably ask someone else for guidance. If this gets added, you should probably add to rule #4 and in attempts to scam new players the punishments will be heavier because I mean scamming in general is a messed up a thing but scamming someone that's new is even worse in my opinion.

I personally believe that the majority will be willing to help out instead of taking advantage of the new players.

xb0xkilla162

I'd like to ask: why 35?

Offline Snipe

I'd like to ask: why 35?
That's the first number that I thought of when I was composing the suggestion. It doesn't have to be exactly 35, it could be lower or higher. I'm pretty sure that players that have less than 35 hours of playtime don't know a lot and can be considered as newbies.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.