Author Topic: [Resolved] Role Play crashing  (Read 6766 times)

beerman123

Re: Role Play crashing
« Reply #15 on: 14 03, 2012, 05:26:10 pm »
I am working on this thing, including giving players a wanted level for crashing into other cars. I hope this will solve the problem. We just need some more upvotes guys!

LowAndSlow

« Reply #16 on: 14 03, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »
Yes it is a good idea. +1 I was thinking about it.

Jack

« Reply #17 on: 14 03, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
How about making them wanted for bumping into cars? Else trollers will still suicide on you and you'll both die.

+1, maybe the higher the speed, the higher the wanted.. because if someone accidentally bumps into you, they'll be wanted.

beerman123

« Reply #18 on: 14 03, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »
+1, maybe the higher the speed, the higher the wanted.. because if someone accidentally bumps into you, they'll be wanted.

I figured a limit for that. Collision must have a certain force (over 200) to do damage and to cause people getting wanted. Also CnR collisions don't count.

Marga

« Reply #19 on: 14 03, 2012, 10:41:10 pm »
Very realistic idea. I saw this in gta IV, so +1 from me

Offline Diesel

• Senior Community Member
  • Things change
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: DZL
« Reply #20 on: 16 03, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »
I like the idea, I am constantly getting rammed by civs. People should be punished for driving like that. +1
I once got jailed for deathmatching with nades at All Saints Hospital

abdullahrafx

« Reply #21 on: 16 03, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »
Imagine your the Inucent guy and your just going randomly and the collisions goes to you, then you would get the star whilst the "Kids" in this game will ROFL at you, more troll. Unless you come up with something that does not cause this... I'm neutral xD

Cage98

« Reply #22 on: 16 03, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »
nice idea +1

the_perfect_mostafa

« Reply #23 on: 16 03, 2012, 07:14:13 pm »
Excellent idea , but what about if two cars crashed into each other and the more speed car driver will die ?

RavenSE

« Reply #24 on: 17 03, 2012, 02:29:46 am »
I figured a limit for that. Collision must have a certain force (over 200) to do damage and to cause people getting wanted. Also CnR collisions don't count.

If it counts only for civil jobs then ok, coz I can't imagine a criminal running from a cop and watching the road traffic and with cops the other way round.

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #25 on: 17 03, 2012, 06:51:39 am »
Why except CnR @Rick? Include all and any type of vehicles. Otherwise criminals will ram Cop cars and So many cops with free cop vehicles will ram into theirs. So make thing realistic, allow Collision damage to all if force is over the certain limit, and damage is proportional to collision, i.e. greater the collision greater is HP damage. And also, make HP damage + WP increase for crashing into other cars.
Also disable WP increase if collision is between wanted crim and Cop, for that case only do HP damage.

And we definitely need this, people will less crash into cars.

Also the thing which you were worried upon... CnR crash. So Rusty said you don't want to crash and loss HP while chasing post or pre BR... but I would strongly say, we want. So even if its post or pre BR people won't just fly with their car they will drive slow and patiently, and also police would use PTT or other tactics to stop criminal cars rather than just ramming them and turning the car into box of tin.

CS Engineer | Web Developer | Philosopher | My Life in San Andreas

RavenSE

« Reply #26 on: 17 03, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »
The question is how would you judge who is the victim and who is the offender of ramming, for example head-on collision? If its the one who have the higher speed then its not really sensible.

Btw Chique heres an example: I'm chasing someone with siren on (which means I'm privileged on the road) crash into a bus that crosses the intersection and get killed. Thats ridiculous. I would rather fell off through the front window then die and respawn in some unknown location.

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #27 on: 17 03, 2012, 06:39:13 pm »
The question is how would you judge who is the victim and who is the offender of ramming, for example head-on collision? If its the one who have the higher speed then its not really sensible.

Btw Chique heres an example: I'm chasing someone with siren on (which means I'm privileged on the road) crash into a bus that crosses the intersection and get killed. Thats ridiculous. I would rather fell off through the front window then die and respawn in some unknown location.

Well you can't get such events deciding who had privileges on. Well Check if siren is on or off can be achieved.
But I guess, if there is an impact between the 2, both gets equivalent negation on their HP.

beerman123

« Reply #28 on: 17 03, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »
Why except CnR @Rick? Include all and any type of vehicles. Otherwise criminals will ram Cop cars and So many cops with free cop vehicles will ram into theirs. So make thing realistic, allow Collision damage to all if force is over the certain limit, and damage is proportional to collision, i.e. greater the collision greater is HP damage. And also, make HP damage + WP increase for crashing into other cars.
Also disable WP increase if collision is between wanted crim and Cop, for that case only do HP damage.

And we definitely need this, people will less crash into cars.

Also the thing which you were worried upon... CnR crash. So Rusty said you don't want to crash and loss HP while chasing post or pre BR... but I would strongly say, we want. So even if its post or pre BR people won't just fly with their car they will drive slow and patiently, and also police would use PTT or other tactics to stop criminal cars rather than just ramming them and turning the car into box of tin.

Collision damage applies for all, but I mean cops won't get wanted for ramming a criminal's car.

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #29 on: 18 03, 2012, 12:42:01 pm »
Collision damage applies for all, but I mean cops won't get wanted for ramming a criminal's car.

Nope Rick, Cops should get wanted if the criminal's car does not contain any player who is wanted.
Use the function get list of players in vehicle or something it was called like.

(Why? In real world, also even if a Cop is in pursuit and accidentally damages any civilian car that doesn't belong to suspect he has to give answer for that and may even get punished depending on severity)