Author Topic: [Resolved] Role Play crashing  (Read 6767 times)

beerman123

Re: Role Play crashing
« Reply #30 on: 18 03, 2012, 01:21:44 pm »
Nope Rick, Cops should get wanted if the criminal's car does not contain any player who is wanted.
Use the function get list of players in vehicle or something it was called like.

(Why? In real world, also even if a Cop is in pursuit and accidentally damages any civilian car that doesn't belong to suspect he has to give answer for that and may even get punished depending on severity)

Yeah... I always call wanted people "criminals".

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #31 on: 18 03, 2012, 03:19:33 pm »
Yeah... I always call wanted people "criminals".

Ok, and inform me if I can lend some noob help into your script... Looking forward to get that script. Because 1 of the foremost concern is manage CIT Road Traffic.

CS Engineer | Web Developer | Philosopher | My Life in San Andreas

Mogems

« Reply #32 on: 19 03, 2012, 02:47:11 am »
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is not an RP server.

I foresee an assload of annoyances with a script like this.

Genkis

« Reply #33 on: 19 03, 2012, 10:58:24 am »
Interesting Idea, I will give you an upvote  ;)

my suggestion [linked in signature] is trying to achive more or less of the same goal
pls read and upvote if you agree, we seem to be on the same boat on this one.

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #34 on: 19 03, 2012, 11:02:46 am »
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is not an RP server.

I foresee an assload of annoyances with a script like this.

Go to a DM server, and also script will make sure you won't get wanted if you are in LV zone.

Mogems

« Reply #35 on: 19 03, 2012, 08:40:30 pm »
Go to a DM server, and also script will make sure you won't get wanted if you are in LV zone.

Just because I don't want some RP scripts, doesn't mean I want DM. I want something that works, in between the two.

-------------------------------------------------------

On topic:

You claim the goal of this script would be to stop the 'trolling' that occurs when a player (a cop) rams another player. However, I see an opportunity for maximum 'trolling' with the implementation of this.

Currently, players can 'troll' others by damaging their vehicles when ramming into them. With a script like this, players will be able to 'troll' by damaging a person's vehicle AND injuring the vehicle's occupants. I don't see what this achieves, other than additional 'trolling'.

SweeTooN

« Reply #36 on: 20 03, 2012, 01:53:57 am »
I like that idea too  :D . +1

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #37 on: 20 03, 2012, 10:28:46 am »
Just because I don't want some RP scripts, doesn't mean I want DM. I want something that works, in between the two.

-------------------------------------------------------

On topic:

You claim the goal of this script would be to stop the 'trolling' that occurs when a player (a cop) rams another player. However, I see an opportunity for maximum 'trolling' with the implementation of this.

Currently, players can 'troll' others by damaging their vehicles when ramming into them. With a script like this, players will be able to 'troll' by damaging a person's vehicle AND injuring the vehicle's occupants. I don't see what this achieves, other than additional 'trolling'.

You got that wrong, the script will make minimum health damage, or just only have visual blood like gore on screen without actual damage, and the player will get wanted for crashing...
So point is make players wanted, not loose health. So if you troll, you are wanted. Simple.

And Script is already done, so would appear anytime soon, just few tests are on the way.
Rick made that.

Mogems

« Reply #38 on: 20 03, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »
You got that wrong, the script will make minimum health damage, or just only have visual blood like gore on screen without actual damage, and the player will get wanted for crashing...
So point is make players wanted, not loose health. So if you troll, you are wanted. Simple.

And Script is already done, so would appear anytime soon, just few tests are on the way.
Rick made that.

Minimum damage is still an injury. Even a 10% health loss would be annoying as shit.

This suggestion is looking at cops who ram their disposable cars into people, and you want to give them a wanted star that nothing can be done about? Cops can't arrest each other.

Also, how would the script know who to give the wanted star (or health loss) to? To both people? Hell no. If the script cannot determine who is responsible for the collision, then it should be forgotten altogether.

EDIT: I see a way to abuse this script if a medic just goes around ramming people and taking their money when offering to heal them.
« Last Edit: 20 03, 2012, 09:23:54 pm by Mogems »

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #39 on: 21 03, 2012, 06:50:36 am »
Minimum damage is still an injury. Even a 10% health loss would be annoying as shit.

This suggestion is looking at cops who ram their disposable cars into people, and you want to give them a wanted star that nothing can be done about? Cops can't arrest each other.

Also, how would the script know who to give the wanted star (or health loss) to? To both people? Hell no. If the script cannot determine who is responsible for the collision, then it should be forgotten altogether.

EDIT: I see a way to abuse this script if a medic just goes around ramming people and taking their money when offering to heal them.

Mogems, please, seriously you haven't saw the script. I did.
It Successfully detects who crashed into whom, so who crashed into will get the wanted star not the person who suffered the crash. And okay, health loss would be 0. Thats it. Or maybe its pretty easy to give health loss to who crashed into, the same way wanted stars works. So a medic crashing into others cars will suffer himself with a health loss, and would get wanted.
And you said cops cant arrest one another? But around 10-15 random crashes would make them +3 wanted, are you aware that a 3star wanted would turn them from cop into a criminal? I guess criminals can be arrested in CIT.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [Resolved] Role Play crashing
« Reply #40 on: 21 03, 2012, 12:19:03 pm »
Rick has made a script for this.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.