Author Topic: [Resolved] Cars don't blow up  (Read 5504 times)

Sandy

[Resolved] Cars don't blow up
« on: 04 04, 2012, 01:41:59 pm »
Well some staff were talking about this the other day, I disagreed, but after thinking about it, it would be good to have in gun fights and TDMs. So the idea is to make it where cars don't blow up they just stay on fire, that way you can stay behind a car for cover, and not have to worry about it blowing up and killing you.

For example: I'm in a gang war, and I hide behind a car. The other team shoots up the car until it's ready to blow, then it just catches on fire, and I can still hide behind it.
« Last Edit: 19 05, 2012, 05:19:28 pm by Arran »

NGPE_CYBORG

Re: Cars don't blow up
« Reply #1 on: 04 04, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »
+1 great idea :D
« Last Edit: 04 04, 2012, 02:52:22 pm by CyborgIzSoBeast »

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: 04 04, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »
+1 but only lv......

Why only LV? Could have a shoot out with cops in LS when your wanted.

NGPE_CYBORG

« Reply #3 on: 04 04, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »
Why only LV? Could have a shoot out with cops in LS when your wanted.

true  D: good point there.

Lucky

« Reply #4 on: 04 04, 2012, 03:20:30 pm »
Actually that fire can be one more reason of adding job of firefighter.

Ray_Johnson

« Reply #5 on: 04 04, 2012, 07:49:57 pm »
Same as bugged cars, but legal. And yeah, when I'm just driving around LV, don't taking any turf, some stupid asses starts to shoot n' shoot >_> And a question: does tires blows up?
But there is abuse: If this script will be added: you can sit in car w/ friends and do drive-by and taking turfs :-\

Offline CaS

• -
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver
  • Ingame: vaN|CaS*
  • Squad: MasterBait
« Reply #6 on: 04 04, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »
Well some staff were talking about this the other day, I disagreed, but after thinking about it, it would be good to have in gun fights and TDMs. So the idea is to make it where cars don't blow up they just stay on fire, that way you can stay behind a car for cover, and not have to worry about it blowing up and killing you.

For example: I'm in a gang war, and I hide behind a car. The other team shoots up the car until it's ready to blow, then it just catches on fire, and I can still hide behind it.

It is nice idea, but why don't we low Damge @cars with guns? I think this is more helpful and give you enough time to run.

Other wise, let's say its done, then you will spawn your own car keep running around it and cop will not get your ass off. You will say "Then let the cop jump on the car" What if the car is bus?
~Don't get too close, it's dark inside~

Offline Slayer

« Reply #7 on: 04 04, 2012, 07:55:20 pm »
Same as bugged cars, but legal. And yeah, when I'm just driving around LV, don't taking any turf, some stupid asses starts to shoot n' shoot >_> And a question: does tires blows up?
But there is abuse: If this script will be added: you can sit in car w/ friends and do drive-by and taking turfs :-\

Na, shoot to somebody thats sitted on a stopped car its very easy so its not a good idea just stay in the car xD

1+
Good Bye CIT <3

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: 05 04, 2012, 01:24:37 pm »

You get auto kicked out of you're car when it loses health, and if can also be scripted to not let you in the car while its on fire. So the abuse factor can be taken out.

Pl@y

« Reply #9 on: 05 04, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »
U know why people are shooting the car and If u dont die? Then u can stay behind it forever

dinamo

« Reply #10 on: 05 04, 2012, 07:12:47 pm »
 And... what will happen with the car? It will stay with that fire on it forever?

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: 05 04, 2012, 07:42:51 pm »
U know why people are shooting the car and If u dont die? Then u can stay behind it forever

... The player shooting can go around the car.

And... what will happen with the car? It will stay with that fire on it forever?

It would stay there for a bit, then need to be repaired, or it would disappear.

Offline TheGaMe

• Wanna play a game, eh?
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: CMD-TheGaMe
« Reply #12 on: 06 04, 2012, 07:18:41 am »
Just one thing I wanted to know, will this work during DS?

Pl@y

« Reply #13 on: 06 04, 2012, 09:19:26 am »
... The player shooting can go around the car.

It would stay there for a bit, then need to be repaired, or it would disappear.
then why cant the player behind the car go shooting around?

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: 06 04, 2012, 09:20:21 am »
then why cant the player behind the car go shooting around?

They can? Why would they not be able to?

Just one thing I wanted to know, will this work during DS?

Pretty sure it would work for all cars in all places. I don't see anyway to abuse this.