Author Topic: Reduce groups max slots to 90  (Read 4148 times)

Offline SnooP

• The Fourth Pyramid
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Reduce groups max slots to 90
« Reply #15 on: 21 10, 2019, 09:43:31 pm »
Yes that's totally logical to do but what is going to happen to groups that already got more than 90 members for the meantime?  :thonk:
Actually current groups with more than 90 members (my group is one of them) have a minimum of 50-60 inactive players that haven't logged in for over a year so you can easily get rid of them and re-invite them back when they are active again.

But, since a lot of players here are against the idea,

How about we make it so when a player decides to create a group he will have a maximum of 90 player slots and not 150 (if this is possible of course)? so older groups wouldn't have to kick over 50 or 60 of their members.
The more I learn about people, the more I admire my dog.

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: 21 10, 2019, 10:00:53 pm »
Actually current groups with more than 90 members (my group is one of them) have a minimum of 50-60 inactive players that haven't logged in for over a year so you can easily get rid of them and re-invite them back when they are active again.

But, since a lot of players here are against the idea,

How about we make it so when a player decides to create a group he will have a maximum of 90 player slots and not 150 (if this is possible of course)? so older groups wouldn't have to kick over 50 or 60 of their members.
About your idea, then what is the purpose of implementing this suggestion (Brian's)?

Offline SnooP

• The Fourth Pyramid
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: 21 10, 2019, 10:16:53 pm »
About your idea, then what is the purpose of implementing this suggestion (Brian's)?

Brian's purpose of this suggestion is to lower the requirements for new groups in both forum and game to make some new groups appear.
Lowering max amount of slots will increase possibility for new groups to emerge, boards could have lower requirements and group features could cost less. More groups would make the server more lively.

Therefore, I suggested something (just an opinion btw) that could do the job rather than having to kick a lot of members from certain groups as most of the players said above. Although new groups will have the ability to only afford a maximum of 90 player slots but the same requirements will apply for both old (with 150 member slots)/new groups (with 90).
The more I learn about people, the more I admire my dog.

Offline Thunder

• لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #18 on: 22 10, 2019, 12:42:40 am »
Now the server donesn't have many players, and the most of them are already in groups, so we need new rules for groups.

Reducing the max slots of groups is a very good idea.

BUT many of groups have more than 90 members so how can they kick the members to reach to the requirement number of slots ?
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline kubeQQQ ^,^

• Regular Community Member
  • DriftWorks Founder
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: kubeQQQ
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #19 on: 22 10, 2019, 09:09:03 am »
What about the groups that have the 150 members already? They would need to kick them or the system will do it by itself? What about the bought slots?

If this thing, will make groups more active, I'm positive.
Ex State Official
[CIT]Vampire has demoted group: CivilianZ to level: 0
(EVENT) [PiRu$]Echoo#U: DriftWorks_Squad (KubeQQQ) has just made it and won the Mind Blowing Maze event along with $150,000,000. Hell of a good job I need to say!
(EVENT) HappyBrah{1%}[Biker]: kubeQQQ|DriftWorks has won the previous event along with $100M, congratulations!

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: 22 10, 2019, 10:43:31 am »
Imo, it is pretty difficult to just get rid of the old members that basically worked for years to make your group succeed. Any old group leader/founder will understand me. I doubt that kicking old honourable members will help the other groups reach a higher amount of members. We kick members almost daily for being inactive but we might reach a point where we won't have a choice besides kicking the old homies. I cannot support this suggestion.

When a group member has been inactive for months, it's pretty clear they're gone and won't play. You can be grateful even if they're not in group.

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #21 on: 22 10, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »
The server's playercount is kinda low right now, and surely nobody can start or keep his FULL 150 members active, it'd be a good idea to reduce it to 90 since buying more slots = more inactive members.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #22 on: 22 10, 2019, 08:10:22 pm »
+30 votes. :tick:
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.