Author Topic: Problem linking my forum account with In-game account  (Read 2080 times)

Offline UsmanMughal

• New Community Member
  • اِنَّ اللهَ مَعَ الصّٰبِرِيْن
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: |TSF|Usman'4.7
  • Squad: 4Point7
Problem linking my forum account with In-game account
« on: 29 01, 2020, 07:30:28 am »
Hello there,
              I'm  unable to link my forum account with my In-game account, whenever I tried to link my account using /linkforumaccount, the following message appeared:  The username and or password you entered was incorrect.
I'm sure I'm filling in my correct Forum Username and Password.
I asked in support chat about this and someone told me to do /getforumaccount <ingame username> <ingame password>, I tried doing this but I did'nt knew this will create a new forum account with my ingame account information. And now I have two forum account, this one from which I'm posting this thread and the one that I created accidently.
The issue is that I can link only the accidently made account with my ingame account but my main account is this one.
Need help!!

Offline Unity

• Senior Community Member
  • si la vida te da la espalda, mírale el culo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Unity
Re: Problem linking my forum account with In-game account
« Reply #1 on: 29 01, 2020, 11:59:28 am »
Maybe it's because of your name. Try to make your name like UsmanMughal or something similar and then link the account. The script detects "Usman" as user and "Mughal" as password

Delete the new account from Profile settings because it's forbidden having two accounts. I think that should delete the link and you should be able to link this account.
« Last Edit: 29 01, 2020, 12:15:52 pm by MaZika. »
Ass or tits?

Offline Thunder

• لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #2 on: 29 01, 2020, 12:18:03 pm »
First, you should make a report to make the staffs know about the second account because they can ban you because of that, so first report it and make them delete it. (Don't open it)

Then try Unity's solution, if it doesn't work, then I will support you with detailed solutions.
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline UsmanMughal

• New Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 29 01, 2020, 02:33:08 pm »
how to ask a staff to delete my account? I mean which board?

Offline Unity

« Reply #4 on: 29 01, 2020, 02:35:03 pm »
Delete it manually, that's better. Go here https://cit.gg/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile, click Actions > Delete this account.
The removal of your account needs to be approved by any staff so they'll notice you removed it.
Ass or tits?

Offline UsmanMughal

• New Community Member
« Reply #5 on: 30 01, 2020, 05:32:22 pm »
After deleting second account, I tried to link this one but I'm still getting this error that my username and password is incorrect. I think its because my username has a space in it, Is there a way to change my username? My username is Cobra Commander, can I change it to CobraCommander ?

Offline Unity

« Reply #6 on: 30 01, 2020, 05:36:34 pm »
You can't change in-game username. But as far as I know you have to use forum name and password in /linkforumaccount command. So try using /linkforumaccount UsmanMughal forumPassword
Ass or tits?

Offline Brand

• Honorable
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #7 on: 30 01, 2020, 05:38:26 pm »
Did you create this forum account using your in-game account name ("UsmanMughal" to be exact)? If yes, could you provide it to see if it contains some weird characters that could be conflicting with the script itself?
Thank you, Java.

Offline UsmanMughal

• New Community Member
« Reply #8 on: 30 01, 2020, 05:58:41 pm »
You can't change in-game username. But as far as I know you have to use forum name and password in /linkforumaccount command. So try using /linkforumaccount UsmanMughal forumPassword

No, you have to enter username not accountname to link forum account, my username has a space in it. I tried with account name bus doesn't work, it has to be username, that is the problem.

Did you create this forum account using your in-game account name ("UsmanMughal" to be exact)? If yes, could you provide it to see if it contains some weird characters that could be conflicting with the script itself?

I'll try to explain, when I created my in-game account back in 2016, I made it with my real name which is UsmanMughal, but my nickname was Cobra Commander at that time, so I created a forum account using Cobra Commander as a username ( I didn't knew that I could change my account name so to make it same as my ingame nick name I used Cobra Commander) but now the problem is : When I put do /linkforumaccount Cobra Commander <password> the script recognizes Cobra as a username and Commander as password, I think to solve this I have to remove space in my forum username, I need to know how to remove it?

Offline Brand

• Honorable
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #9 on: 30 01, 2020, 06:16:48 pm »
As far as I know, your username cannot be changed, unfortunately, but I guess is possible in extreme cases and is only done by forum Administrators. For the meantime, try linking it without leaving the space and using uppercase, type it all in lowercase, meaning if your username is "Cobra Commander" it should be as follows: /linkforumaccount cobracommander yourForumPassword and see what if works.

I think to solve this I have to remove space in my forum username, I need to know how to remove it?

I believe it doesn't need to be changed in order to link it. Try what I said earlier, hopefully it works out.
Thank you, Java.

Offline UsmanMughal

• New Community Member
« Reply #10 on: 31 01, 2020, 04:31:39 am »
As far as I know, your username cannot be changed, unfortunately, but I guess is possible in extreme cases and is only done by forum Administrators. For the meantime, try linking it without leaving the space and using uppercase, type it all in lowercase, meaning if your username is "Cobra Commander" it should be as follows: /linkforumaccount cobracommander yourForumPassword and see what if works.

I believe it doesn't need to be changed in order to link it. Try what I said earlier, hopefully it works out.

I tried this way but still same error.

Try what brand said, but its probably impossible because there is restriction in username (uppercase and lowercase)
If it didnt work you need adminstrator/l5 to change your username. Use account retrieval board, its the right board to request that.

I'll try there as well by making a request.

Offline MaZika.

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 03 02, 2020, 07:34:38 pm »

No need to keep this topic open.