Author Topic: How to look for something without relying on support chat?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline NIGHTMARE

• Senior Community Member
  • I hate bugs.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: NIGHTMARE
Everyone knows that the server is filled with information, from commands to random stuff like jobs or events, sometimes we forget these things or don't know about them, so I am gonna make a simple guide on how to find this information by yourself.

Why would I want to find them by myself instead of asking on support?

-Support chat could give no answers (though this has a low chance because thanks to our great community a lot of people like to help others).
-You might want the command/info as fast as possible but support chat is taking time to answer.
-You memorize things better when you spend time and effort searching for them yourself instead of just asking someone else.

Possible outcomes of reading this guide:

-You will be able to give better and more informative answers on support chat.
-If you are a guide who was asked about something you forgot you will be able to find it fast without asking other guides.
-You will be able to get the info/command you want faster than asking on support chat.

So, I will be giving a guide on how to search for some things and will give examples of the most common things people ask for on support chat.

First : How to find information by yourself?

The short answer for this is F1, I will be explaining how to use F1 in the best possible way that I know of.

When searching in F1, you could browse through the questions or use the search command, but the search command has more than one use, you can use F1 to search for:

-Titles of questions
-Words inside the answers of the questions.

And the better thing to search for is the words that are inside questions. How is this helpful?

One of the most common things people ask about on support chat is how to get X resource, but you can find every job that gives that resource easily on F1, by typing the name of the resource into F1, it will show the titles of the jobs that have that word inside their answers, so in short "keyword"

Example : Notice the question that was asked in the support chat "How to get gold", I see a lot of people answer such questions by giving only one job that can give gold because they don't memorize them all, but there's a way to get every job really fast with no effort, by simply typing "gold" in F1 search bar https://imgur.com/a/2RJKfuS Notice how I opened F1, typed gold and gave him the titles that were listed for me when I typed that word, so I gave him every possible way to get gold.

NOTE Be careful when answering in support chat using this way, sometimes the word shows some titles that have the word in it, but are not the answer you are looking for, like in the screenshot above, when I typed "gold" fisherman appeared, but I checked why was it listed and it turned out to be names of fish types, so you better check when you use this method whether in searching for yourself or for answering a question in support chat.

Second : How to search for commands?

The short answer to this is by pressing X, but how exactly do I use the X feature for searching for commands?

When you press X, the command panel appears on the bottom, if it doesn't you have probably disabled it from /settings > X command panel, so make sure you enable it from there in case it's not visible for you.

When searching in the X panel you can search for 2 things :

-Command.
-Description of the command.

In the search bar that is available in the X command panel, sadly you can only search for commands, and not their descriptions, so how do you search for the description?

Searching for a description can simply be done by opening the console (F8) and typing the word "search" then after it you type what you want to search for.

Example : In the screenshots I am going to provide, I am going to attempt to search for commands that are related to criminal events, so I simply type in console "search criminal event" like in this screenshot https://imgur.com/a/ug5asPN , notice how it showed me the command "myheals" that has the words "criminal event" in its description, now what if I am looking for more than one command related to criminal events? simply after using it type the same thing and it will show you the next command that has "criminal event" in its description.

NOTE The words I am looking for typing after "Search" are possible words that could exist in the description, so sometimes it not might work as you could get the wrong words.

How to search for a command by the search bar available in the panel? By simply typing one word of the command, the command will appear, and in case the word existed in more than one command, all of them will appear.

Example : Mostly I see people searching for commands that are related to zones, so by simply typing "zone" I can find most (not all) of the commands that are related to zones like in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/497fFvH

Another way to search for them is by looking for what I am trying to do, so only the command I need appears instead of a bunch of commands, for example, if I want to change the zone's name, I should search for the keyword other than "zone" which is "name" because obviously, I want to change the zone's name like in this screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/CjuEK6l

In the end, I apologize if this guide wasn't explained well, or was not needed, I admit that I probably rushed in doing it, and if you have any suggested edits, please state them so I can make this guide clear in the best possible way, and I hope that it was helpful for as many people as possible, I also want to state that there's nothing wrong in asking for something on the support chat, even I do it sometimes, this guide is for people who would like to rely on themselves sometimes, or as I mentioned above, help in support chat or in guiding in a better way.
« Last Edit: 04 05, 2023, 08:52:40 am by iFrank »
Yesterday is History...
Tomorrow is a Mystery...
But today is a Gift...
That is why it is called the Present.
-Grand Master Oogway

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
Re: How to look for something without relying on support chat?
« Reply #1 on: 21 04, 2020, 10:55:17 am »
The IMGUR site is banned in Egypt, so use Pilo.ovh site instead of IMGUR to be sure that all the community will get the benefit from this topic, Thank you very much for this guide topic.
« Last Edit: 04 05, 2020, 07:03:12 am by Thunder »
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.