Author Topic: Fix the spawn abuse (examples inside)  (Read 2322 times)

Offline JayXxX

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Squad: Prodigy
Fix the spawn abuse (examples inside)
« on: 01 04, 2020, 10:34:08 pm »
When a player gets inside an interior, uses rt or spawn at a base gets some sort of immunity for a while, the problem with it is that you can damage other players while they cant. This happens in wars for example, when players respawn at their hood, or when there is a riot in JFM, etc.

The best fix is that the player loses the spawn protection once he starts aiming (not shooting, but holding rmb) considering the desync.

This suggestion could be related to this:

- Fixed getting 5 seconds of invulnerability when using '/rt' on the location you're already at as it can be abused. (Arran + 3bood)

Offline Texas.Mello

• New Community Member
  • When we hunt, we kill. No one is safe.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Fix the spawn abuse (examples inside)
« Reply #1 on: 02 04, 2020, 05:16:14 am »
When a player gets inside an interior, uses rt or spawn at a base gets some sort of immunity for a while, the problem with it is that you can damage other players while they cant. This happens in wars for example, when players respawn at their hood, or when there is a riot in JFM, etc.

The best fix is that the player loses the spawn protection once he starts aiming (not shooting, but holding rmb) considering the desync.

This suggestion could be related to this:

- Fixed getting 5 seconds of invulnerability when using '/rt' on the location you're already at as it can be abused. (Arran + 3bood)

really they abusing this specially Dock rt spawn  if we get problem with other gang in Docks they keep res-pwning and shoot us dont want remove this just dis crease the invulnerability time to 3s or 2s because if we enter JFM inside players can camping near respawn but I Positive with this suggestion because if we turfing on group hood cluster the owner group players can keep spawn and kill us
We are Sinhalese from a generation that exterminated the Portuguese, the English and the Dutch.
we never give up ,Proud to be a Sri Lankan

Offline Coolshot

• Donator L1
  • Dont wait for people do what you can do!!!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Coolshot
« Reply #2 on: 02 04, 2020, 03:29:33 pm »
Positive, or we can add "when someone shoots he will lose the spawn protection". With this nobody can spawn kill or abuse the immunity to damage the other players without getting damaged too.
Imagine Dragons - Wrecked

Offline Kamz

• Donator L1
  • Ingame: 1337#Kamz
« Reply #3 on: 03 04, 2020, 01:10:17 am »
Voting positive. The spawn protection enables people to troll or prevent LS takeovers, since it's nearly impossible to take a base turf when you got equal numbers. While I do agree that groups should have an advantage in their home turf, I think spawning there and not having to run all the way is enough. For example outside of turfing it's also unfair if a cop spawns at a RT location and get's an easy kill on you, without you having any chance.
And here, poor fool, I stand once more, no wiser than I was before. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Offline Arthur.

• Regular Community Member
  • American Dream
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 03 04, 2020, 07:31:50 am »
Well this seems fair enough as I don't think this would be a bad suggestion, you'll have to aim at the person to shoot and Unless n untill you don't aim and this suggestion is actually useful as I've seen players abuse this many time and in turf wars players abuse it and it's unfair so for the sake of fairness this suggestion is great and I don't think anyone can suggest a better suggestion then this one Postive
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
« Reply #5 on: 03 04, 2020, 08:57:00 am »
They just got respawned, so they must have some time to orient themselves and to search for the location of their opponent (since he can hide anywhere inside that interior). I'll be negative here just because this allows us to have an equal fight. It isn't like some restaurant where you can see your opponent sitting behind a window.

Offline Kamz

• Donator L1
  • Ingame: 1337#Kamz
« Reply #6 on: 03 04, 2020, 09:46:15 am »
They just got respawned, so they must have some time to orient themselves and to search for the location of their opponent (since he can hide anywhere inside that interior).

The suggestion says you lose spawn protection once you start aiming. You are still able to orient yourself and look for the enemy while invincible. Nothing is keeping you from that.
And here, poor fool, I stand once more, no wiser than I was before. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Offline Deniz

• Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Deniz*SWAT
« Reply #7 on: 03 04, 2020, 05:42:27 pm »
Spawn protection shouldn't be removed for abuse of spawn-killing BUT removal of spawn protection when the player starts aiming makes sense.
Player aiming to another means, the player designated his target and will start shooting him so there is no sense making it "start shooting" in my opinion.Supporting this since this is a clear imbalanced situation.

Offline JayXxX

• Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #8 on: 05 04, 2020, 02:28:41 pm »
Spawn protection shouldn't be removed for abuse of spawn-killing BUT removal of spawn protection when the player starts aiming makes sense.
Player aiming to another means, the player designated his target and will start shooting him so there is no sense making it "start shooting" in my opinion.Supporting this since this is a clear imbalanced situation.

Exactly, disabling spawn protection once the player shoots would also be a advantage to him so we need to make it once he press rmb to make it fair

Offline Infernogates

• Donator L3
  • freestyle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 05 04, 2020, 08:03:06 pm »
That way spawn protection would turn into some useless attribute that can be removed in a second by aiming. Also if you trigger an event just to remove an attribute of a player that was added 1 second ago would cause performance issues on server-side. So spawn protection duration should stay as it is. And a player with spawn protection shouldn't be able to aim, shoot, or damage other players until it wears off.

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 06 04, 2020, 09:45:04 am »
Disabled "aim_weapon" and "fire" controls when having spawn protection. Simpler than checking whether or not a player is aiming and removing the spawn protection.