Author Topic: [TUT + Explanation] How to become a successful poster template designer  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Topic Introduction

I have made this tutorial to lend help to the new designers of CIT, the ones who always like to use Photoshop and try many templates. Believe me, this topic will help you a lot in order to improve your skills in designing.

First of all, the poster contains much stuff such as paragraphs, elements, logos, copyrights, pictures, opacity...etc
So simply, I will give you the most used and necessary things for you.

Reminder: You have to read all the steps that gotta be said below so you can have a great idea about this tutorial guide.

Most important things you need to know before starting the design:
  • Template type: Template depends on the page you are going to make or the design you are going to make, there are many templates in Photoshop or Canva. I am going to list all the possible used templates... Flyer, Resume, Poster, Thumbnail, Card, and Logos.
  • Design size: There are many sizes you can use for your design but I am going to state the size of the templates I stated above
    Flyer: 1414 Width x 2000 Height (Pixels) (A4 Size)
    Resume: 1414 Width x 2000 Height (Pixels) (A4 Size)
    Poster: 1587 Width x 2245 Height (Pixels)
    Thumbnail: 1280 Width x 720 Height (Pixels)
    Card: 1747 Width x 1240 Height (Pixels)
    Logo: There are many sizes for the logos but the best of them is (( It's only to centralize )) 500 Width x 500 Height (Pixels)
  • Choosing the color combo of the design: The color combos are so important to make your page more specified and attractive, as you see our CIT News board is choosing a specific color combo every week to make some connection between all pages with the colors and of course, to avoid confusing the viewer. I rather using the light version of colors because they make your page/design more attractive and it improves the quality as well.
  • Best font to use for Paragraphs, Headlines: Fonts are the main important and necessary things for your design, the key of the design is the fonts and how you have to choose them wisely and changing the opacity, blending settings. I am going to explain some stuff about the fonts, fonts can be used and changed by your creativity and brain use because you can't have the same opacity/blending settings every time. But for the font type, I have got many fonts that are good to use.
Fonts:
  • Headlines: Headline fonts are many and of course, there are also many impressive fonts to use for headlines such as Century Gothic, Levenim MT, ExtraBold Open Sans, Horizon, Siffon...etc.
  • Paragraphs: Lato, Inter, Open Sans, Proxima Nova, Quicksand and Cabin. Those are the top fonts.
Proper collection contain 667 fonts [29MB]: Download (Uploaded by Thunder)

Software:
  • The Program/Application: I only prefer using Photoshop of course but the PS is only to professional designers or the people who used many programs before such as Affinity, to beginners I rather using Canva to be honest because it's simple, many templates are there and it gives you great creativity and the best proper size.

Design quality:

• The quality of the picture: Actually, the quality picture can be chosen by you... you can make the quality perfect or bad by yourself. My point and purpose are that when you wanna look for elements you have to make sure that the quality of this object is, as well as the logos. There are many ways to improve the quality of the picture and of course, it is optional for you to choose to use a framed picture or vector. But you have to remember that the size will increase once you mess with the quality of the picture, that's the main reason why we always choose JPG format. I have many tutorial videos that speak about improving the quality of any logo you need to, but they can be done only on PS... not in any other else program.

Vector:
There is an important definition you need to know which is the Vector

Vector: In my experience in Photoshop, the Vector feature is being used for logos only and some stuff in order to make it easy to resize the logo. The point of that vector is not to increase/decrease the quality whenever you resize the logo. I have got another definition from a website, maybe it would help you but it's complicated.

Explanatory Videos:

CIT -  © CIT News
« Last Edit: 22 10, 2022, 02:02:43 pm by iFrank »

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
This guide is very helpful because it will help the players who want to join CIT Magazine how to be pro designer, and it will make the others get some skills on Photoshop, I have a trick to improve the quality of the images, maybe I will add a video. Thank you.

I uploaded my collection of fonts (667 font) [29MB]: Download
@Atheer
« Last Edit: 15 06, 2020, 10:52:33 am by Thunder. »
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline Anuran

• CIT News Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • CzN Founder
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Imo the best Headline font is Siffon
And the best paragraph font is Quicksand in poster designing (Specifically for CIT News)
FUCKIN INCONSISTENT

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
Imo the best Headline font is Siffon
And the best paragraph font is Quicksand in poster designing (Specifically for CIT News)

Added to the list.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555