Author Topic: [++] Add search bar to vehicles shops GUI  (Read 2366 times)

Offline |Lucky

• Regular Community Member
  • I'm Your Nightmare.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
[++] Add search bar to vehicles shops GUI
« on: 15 07, 2021, 11:30:23 am »
Hello, Today I was trying to buy a vehicle, and I was searching for it. I keep scrolling down and up trying to find the vehicle I need,  I  spend minutes searching. So I was thinking about why there is not a searching bar to save time and make it easier for us, that's why today  I'm suggesting this idea.  Adding a searching bar will save time and make it easier. Thanks for reading
« Last Edit: 01 08, 2021, 09:41:29 pm by HosttyBoy »
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
Re: Add search bar to vehicles shops GUI
« Reply #1 on: 15 07, 2021, 11:35:33 am »
:tick:

I don't see why not, could even be something similar to what was added to the skin browser in clothing shops. A search bar and favorite vehicles (maybe), and if it isn't already a thing, an auto-rotate option. I typed maybe for the favorite vehicles because when you've bought your favorite vehicle you probably won't be coming back to buy it again, so I don't think that would matter as much, but for the rest it would be quite useful. Another thing I despise in vehicle shops is the lightning, I get it that the vehicles are in another dimension, but the lightning makes it hard to see how their colors will actually look like.
« Last Edit: 15 07, 2021, 11:46:23 am by Nun0 »

Offline Marky'

• Senior Community Member
  • 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #2 on: 15 07, 2021, 12:03:20 pm »
Well, it is nice and good suggestion especially for a player who loves to buy a car in server and they love spending their money on cars, it will be more easier to find the car you want to buy in server if we gonna add Search Bar to vehicles shop, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline |Lucky

• Regular Community Member
  • I'm Your Nightmare.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
« Reply #3 on: 15 07, 2021, 12:41:40 pm »
So, when you are going to buy a vehicle, you'll probably know what the name of the vehicle is. And I dont know if you are aware of this, but if you press on the top of the list, it'll arrange the name of the cars in alphabetical order (a-z) and if you press again it'll arrange it in the opposite manner (z-a). So if you wanna search for a vehicle, like say for an example, Elegy, you can find it in the part where vehicle names starting with 'E' are arranged. So in my opinion, the current system works pretty fine and is efficient enough. So I am sorry but I am voting Negative.
when u have the money all vehicle will appear with green  and there is no distances even u arrange them u will keep looking and searching better saving time just type the name press and buy why keep looking, scrolling down and up after all it wont harm if we add a search bar.
« Last Edit: 15 07, 2021, 12:44:26 pm by |Lucky »
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Offline Axe

• New Community Member
  • abok
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 15 07, 2021, 05:26:07 pm »
It's indeed confusing when you're buying a vehicle and there are tons of vehicles in this car shop (cheap car shop got many vehicles so it's a bit confusing) adding a search bar will make it easier and simple for the community to buy cars instead of scrolling down the whole list. It will benefit a lot of players honestly and will make the car shop less complicated. Positive
fr

Offline Justice

• The Jurist
  • GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Justice|xC
« Reply #5 on: 15 07, 2021, 05:40:42 pm »
Most of the GUIs nowadays has been updated with search bars even if the command /search Name has been existing for many years. Well most of the players doesn't even know that command so adding search bar to other GUIs that doesn't have one should work perfectly fine. It is also easier when you're looking for a particular vehicle.  :thumb:

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Offline Happy

• The Unholy One
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • Ingame: Happy
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #6 on: 15 07, 2021, 05:47:18 pm »
Most of the GUIs nowadays has been updated with search bars even if the command /search Name has been existing for many years. Well most of the players doesn't even know that command so adding search bar to other GUIs that doesn't have one should work perfectly fine. It is also easier when you're looking for a particular vehicle.  :thumb:

Said very well, couldn't have said it better. I fully agree with justice, my vote is positive
I never fucked anybody over in my life. All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone.
It doesn't matter if you're black or white, it doesn't matter if you're tall or short, we're not that different. Or tell me, do you cry differently?
Three things I don't like when talking to me: 1. Don't talk to me like I'm your child. 2. Don't talk to me like I'm supposed to be scared. 3. Never try to talk to me like I'm stupid.

Offline Mitrok

• Donator L1
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Mitrok
« Reply #7 on: 15 07, 2021, 09:20:10 pm »
I'm agreeing 100% in this just because it takes such a long time to find your desired car in new car shop system. Also search bars are very useful for every gui in-game nowadays it is very much used by newbies and experienced player and it is not hard to do. So i'm positive.  :thumb:
Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #8 on: 16 07, 2021, 03:23:32 am »
Yes I agree with Lucky. Sometimes, buying a car might be confusing for players, specially newbies, who has no idea about sorting the list in order. They might just know the name of the car which they will look for, and searching for it directly seems to be easier for them.

Also as mentioned before, most newer GUIs already have this feature, so why not implement it here as well. I don't see any issues with that, and hence voting positive :tick: here.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Avices

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Squad: WhiteBeard
« Reply #9 on: 16 07, 2021, 04:04:06 am »
I think there is still a command called /search (car name) although very few people know about this command. However, there are also many players who have taken a while to find the car they really need. so if we add "Add search bar to vehicle shop GUI". this can also help players save more time for them to buy cars there. I vote Positive. :tick:
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
pense a toi que quand le jour sombre que s'abattents sur moi

PolisOzelHarekat Leader
ex:LMT74 Founder
ex: Underboss HazardClique
ex: Translator Vietnamese & Country Support

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #10 on: 22 07, 2021, 01:19:14 pm »
- 9 Positive votes
- 1 Negative vote

Remains neutral.

Offline Smith.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #11 on: 22 07, 2021, 02:53:13 pm »
I agree with your idea because it's good to find the name of the car they want to buy easily and quickly for the players in the server and I think this system will help other members find the car they want to buy saving time. Positive :tick:

Offline Raef

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #12 on: 22 07, 2021, 02:56:41 pm »
On one hand, you're somehow suggesting something we already have, which is /search. However, on the other hand, I think this should be added, as search bars are almost everywhere now. Neutral.

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline Raddy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Raddy
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #13 on: 22 07, 2021, 03:05:09 pm »
There's already a general command that works for this purpose, it's called /search <text>. It should highlight any text that matches your search on any GUI list, not only for the vehicle shop. However, I agree that this command is not very intuitive and it can be hard to find, especially for new people, so yeah it would be a good addition, thus I'm voting positive :tick:. Good luck with the other votes.
Maybe I'm just ahead of myself.

Offline RaMoS

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HazardClique
« Reply #14 on: 22 07, 2021, 04:03:07 pm »
Adding the search box for the car you want won't hurt anything and it will be full of positives and I will never see support chat getting spam because someone can't find the car they want and most GUIs already have that feature, Positive.