Author Topic: Fixing the unfair release advantage (cops release and kill u)  (Read 1734 times)

Offline 030Ayoub

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: 030Ayoub
When cops arrest you they can choose to release you. What happends to me all the time is a cop enters his car on purpose so im in the passenger seat, then he quickly releases me and leaves the car. In my opinion if a cop releases you on purpose (before the times ends) He should get this: "Due to releasing the criminal early, you are not allowed to shoot for 4 seconds". This will fix the unfair advantage they have when u are in the passenger seat and they are outside the car shooting you.

Positive impacts: No lame abuse of /release, Cops can't pick you up in CE marker just to release and kill you anymore.
Negative impacts: None
Things we might need to look at: The duration of the no shooting moment should be 3-4 seconds.

Offline Kenzai

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Kenzai
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
Re: Fixing the unfair release advantage (cops release and kill u)
« Reply #1 on: 26 07, 2021, 03:33:46 pm »
It makes sense, before this update was put up for discussion, I was offering them money to release me positive  ;D
I love you 1337 <3

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
« Reply #2 on: 26 07, 2021, 04:54:11 pm »
When you release an arrested criminal suddenly they don't realize that they even got released and the cop gets an advantage over the criminal and shoots the criminal first. Adding this restriction will be enough for the arrested criminal to realize that he got released and it will give him a chance to survive. I also think that any cop who does this should get punished as he is abusing that feature to gain an advantage over the arrested criminal. Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #3 on: 26 07, 2021, 04:58:31 pm »
When cops arrest you they can choose to release you. What happends to me all the time is a cop enters his car on purpose so im in the passenger seat, then he quickly releases me and leaves the car. In my opinion if a cop releases you on purpose (before the times ends) He should get this: "Due to releasing the criminal early, you are not allowed to shoot for 4 seconds". This will fix the unfair advantage they have when u are in the passenger seat and they are outside the car shooting you.

Positive impacts: No lame abuse of /release, Cops can't pick you up in CE marker just to release and kill you anymore.
Negative impacts: None
Things we might need to look at: The duration of the no shooting moment should be 3-4 seconds.
You already have a short bullet immunity when you get released, useless suggetsion
Besides that, there are other ways to release the criminal without typing that command so you cant even "fix" this non-existant issue if you wanted to
The only thing you can use is a large notification for the criminal that lets him know that he is released

When you release an arrested criminal suddenly they don't realize that they even got released and the cop gets an advantage over the criminal and shoots the criminal first.
What "advantage" do you get, having to 1vs1 fight a player who you already had in safe custody? Truly a dumb statement

Negative
« Last Edit: 26 07, 2021, 05:01:08 pm by Dimit »

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
« Reply #4 on: 26 07, 2021, 05:03:54 pm »
What "advantage" do you get, having to 1vs1 fight a player who you already had in safe custody? Truly a dumb statement
The winner of a PvP in CIT is the one who starts shooting first. Cops do /release and start shooting first on the criminal who is probably not prepared for this fight. It would be really dumb not to realize that.
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline 030Ayoub

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 26 07, 2021, 06:48:11 pm »
You already have a short bullet immunity when you get released, useless suggetsion
Besides that, there are other ways to release the criminal without typing that command so you cant even "fix" this non-existant issue if you wanted to
The only thing you can use is a large notification for the criminal that lets him know that he is released

Negative

Thank you for your "feedback". Ofcourse a cop would say this issue is non-existant, maybe try to see this from a neutral perspective?
 "Truly a dumb statement" more like truly you have no manners or knowledge about how to talk to people in general or about ideas.

Offline Apollo

• The Warlord
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • "Rules are invalid in our streets!"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th St. Gang
  • Ingame: Apollo
  • Squad: Vintage
« Reply #6 on: 26 07, 2021, 08:28:34 pm »
Well I am a criminal and your statement is totally understandable but not fair at all. Being arrested means you are aware of such events such as releasing from a cop's custody, adding such a restriction for arrest releases won't solve any problem (if tmthere is any at all).
Going Negative.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #7 on: 27 07, 2021, 12:27:55 pm »
The winner of a PvP in CIT is the one who starts shooting first. Cops do /release and start shooting first on the criminal who is probably not prepared for this fight. It would be really dumb not to realize that.
The winner of the pvp is the one who arrested you with nightstick…

Everything after that is just RP and gives you nothing but an advantage (a chance to turn your lost 1vs1 into a win)
Use /surrender to skip the PD delivery

Offline 030Ayoub

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 27 07, 2021, 12:44:08 pm »
Edit: Once a cop releases you, you are completely frozen and cant even aim/ shoot. The cop already aims with his shotgun and once the freeze is over he can freely kill you. If you dont see that as an issue then idk men

Offline thund3R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: thund3R
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #9 on: 27 07, 2021, 02:29:34 pm »
I remember reporting a KDR whore some time ago who used to pull shit like this off. He arrested me, entered a vehicle, released me and while I was still inside his vehicle he started to shoot me so the poor guy ended up having to take a break from CIT for 60 days. But back to the topic, smth needs to be done about this and btw if a cop has an advantage over you it's a reportable offense. I don't think what you're suggesting is the best option. IMO it'd be much better once a cop releases you with the command or by triggering the script (leaving, hiding vehicle) the arrested criminal should get a text saying smth like this: You've been released, act now!
« Last Edit: 27 07, 2021, 02:33:40 pm by thund3R »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 29 07, 2021, 06:18:21 pm »
- When arrested and the cop releases you or does something that releases you, you will get 3 seconds of invincibility. (Arran + 030Ayoub)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.