Author Topic: Making the feature of placing barriers inside CEs only possible for CBs and PCs  (Read 2258 times)

Offline FearLess

• The Art of Kindness.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Special Forces
  • Ingame: Fearless
  • Squad: INTERPOL
I've seen too many trusted players who have been misused barriers inside the criminal events to get an advantage to ruin the others' gameplay, and that isn't fair for the other side.
The second thing is that if the devs made those abilities for the police chief and criminal boss only, it might be fair for both sides to avoid those who abuse that feature in a bad way. Therefore, I am supporting this idea.
"The hated man is the result of his hater's pride rather than his hater's conscience."

Offline Raef

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
Regarding the suggestion itself, I'll be positive, and here's why.
A few days ago, I attended a CE and was amazed by the amount of placed barriers. They literally were put in a very bad way, preventing cops (I was a cop when I attended that CE) from running back to their spawn, also preventing criminals from rushing. This is indeed abusable and needs to be fixed as soon as possible. In my opinion, I guess that if you want to place barriers, you should have 500+ hours. However, if this restriction already works inside the CE area as well and people are still misusing barriers since it pops up to players who try to place barriers outside the CE dimension telling them their inability to place barriers just because their hours are less than 500 hours, then, I guess that we either increase the hours from 500 to 1000 (number can be negotiated) and/or create a warning, which could be: 'Beware, you're about to place barriers. If you somehow misuse them, you might get admin jailed. Be careful!' and translate it to the barriers' placer's guy.

And by the way, I don't agree with allowing PCs and CBs only to place barriers, as they're not always online leading their teammates, so another player needs to do the job instead.

It can be restricted to more trusted people who wouldnt risk getting punishment over a barrier.
RCM+
No. Imagine a civilian whose community rank is RCM+ as you're saying, tries the Law side and obviously has no idea about barriers because, simply, he's 'new' to playing on this side. He decides to place barriers as an intention of helping his teammates, however, out of nowhere, he gets jailed for something he didn't even try to misuse in the first place. Wouldn't this be unfair?
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2021, 01:20:22 am by Raef »

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
Locked due to not receiving a sufficient number of votes since its last review/Not supported.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
- Due to abuse only police chiefs and criminal bosses can place barriers inside criminal events. (Arran + iRaMoS)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.