Author Topic: [Brian] Adding vehicle sun glare effect to /settings or enable it globally  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Well, there's not much to say about it since it's something simple and it will basically add some classic aesthetic to the game:

There are only 2 things you should know:
1. The vehicle glare is shown from 6:00 AM to 19:00 PM (excluding the raining or cloudy weather), it's the default behavior implemented by the game.
2. Not all the vehicles will work, e.g. bandito, most planes.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/SetWorldSpecialPropertyEnabled
« Last Edit: 17 02, 2022, 07:12:35 pm by Brian »
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
some people might find this annoying for their eyes so I think this should be an option in /settings so I am going positive :tick:

Offline iFighTeR7

• Regular Community Member
  • I don't care what people say about me.
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
  • Squad: DoMinos Squad
If you will can enable it or disable it via settings as T0Y-BOY said so I am going to vote positive
« Last Edit: 13 02, 2022, 04:01:05 am by iFighTeR'~NaB »

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
I wanted to suggest a glint for the Sniper Rifle when a player aims down sight, but on top of that, I see it a fine idea and indeed it have to be a settings option.  :tick:
« Last Edit: 13 02, 2022, 07:09:13 am by Dokt0R »

Offline Waltz

• Senior Community Member
  • beauty of annihilation
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: waltz / 115
I am going to agree with Vampire, it can be aesthetic and cool. I'd like to see this in game to be honest, like T0Y-B0Y said if we can disable this via /settings then I am voting positive  :tick:
There is only one dominant life form in this universe, and it carries a steel-barreled sword of vengeance.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I think ENB can replicate this with bloom setting but obviously this is waaayy less demanding than an ENB, so for the sake of realism and aesthetics,  :tick:
Also, since you're suggesting a graphical addition, what do you think about this (spoiler)? I think if this was also added in settings it would be cool too:

Show content
It's a mod that adds far distant light sprites to the lamp posts a,mong other things and stuff, like GTA IV.

Project 2dfx is a set of plugins for GTA III, VC and SA which increases object draw distances, adds LOD corona effects, allows to use a big farClip in timecyc without crashes and fixes flickering + holes in map, a limit adjuster and an increased object limit in total which cannot be achieved with any other limit adjuster.

Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
Also, since you're suggesting a graphical addition, what do you think about this (spoiler)? I think if this was also added in settings it would be cool too:

Show content
It's a mod that adds far distant light sprites to the lamp posts a,mong other things and stuff, like GTA IV.

Project 2dfx is a set of plugins for GTA III, VC and SA which increases object draw distances, adds LOD corona effects, allows to use a big farClip in timecyc without crashes and fixes flickering + holes in map, a limit adjuster and an increased object limit in total which cannot be achieved with any other limit adjuster.
I didn't really test it, but looking at the download link it looks a cleo mod, so it doesn't work in MTA.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work

Marked as useless post and has been removed. You cannot just quote other's post and say nothing.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Impostor

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Impostor
  • Squad: Hikers
Would potentially make the server more enjoyable to some people.
No reason to oppose to that as long as it is implemented as a personal setting.
 :tick:

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I didn't really test it, but looking at the download link it looks a cleo mod, so it doesn't work in MTA.

I know CLEO isn't compatible, I was hoping there was a way to implement it into MTA naturally (this goes for all incompatible mods that could make the graphics "better").
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
Added.