Author Topic: Change some rules in Discussion Board  (Read 2617 times)

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Just be happy :)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: CoPe
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
Change some rules in Discussion Board
« on: 15 02, 2022, 03:01:31 pm »
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=339770.msg4995416#msg4995416

The biggest problem is due to the inactivity of certain players. We don't have as many active players as before on the server and also on this board we can't make people vote for us. And we don't need to do that, everyone needs to have their say. I want to change this: "2- If a suggestion doesn't meet the requirements to be marked as Medium Priority after the second review or 14 days, it will be locked." That is a very good rule, but what about people who have been waiting for a long time for suggestions. To look at his work or his example.

I didn’t look at how others responded but my topic was locked because it was inactive for 14 days. But I have 10 positive votes, what about that? Isn't there anyone so important and serious who is in charge of reviewing such discussions. https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=381923.msg5608698#msg5608698
In my opinion, this is not fair and time should be devoted to every suggestion, and not just to be locked up due to inactivity. Whether you may have considered adding it or not, and I think others have such experiences, that their suggestion is only locked, not rejected, not accepted.
Because no one will beg someone to vote for or against them, everyone will vote as they think, if they don't vote then they either don't understand it or they haven't seen it or they just won't.

Therefore, I believe that every suggestion should be looked at and decided whether it was rejected or accepted and for what reason. Not only to be locked up due to 14 days of inactivity, because that is already for UC.
You need to appreciate other people's time, and everyone here is trying to change something for the better.
thank you for your time.

This is my topic: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=381923.0

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
  • Group: SAS
Re: Change some rules in Discussion Board
« Reply #1 on: 15 02, 2022, 03:27:16 pm »
Firstly, I believe TwCafe locked those topics you are talking about according to the rules which no one of the current or the ex DS moderators put them.
Arran put these rules for a reason, means even if a suggestion has got too many positives without any single negative vote and the same suggestion has been reviewed 1 or 2 times moderators lock it due to they didn't "interesting the developers". So yeah, you should understand that what TwCafe did is what the rules say and nothing was from his own decision.
Secondly, Arran or whoever decide whether the suggestion is going to be implemented or not, don't have the time to lock every topic and say the reason why. there were like 50 suggestions and the administrators look for the suggestion that worth the effort.
Furthermore, if you think your topic worth to be unlocked, feel free to PM moderators to unlock a suggestion if you convinced them with a reason.

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
« Reply #2 on: 15 02, 2022, 03:41:23 pm »
Firstly, I believe TwCafe locked those topics you are talking about according to the rules which no one of the current or the ex DS moderators put them.
Arran put these rules for a reason, means even if a suggestion has got too many positives without any single negative vote and the same suggestion has been reviewed 1 or 2 times moderators lock it due to they didn't "interesting the developers". So yeah, you should understand that what TwCafe did is what the rules say and nothing was from his own decision.
Secondly, Arran or whoever decide whether the suggestion is going to be implemented or not, don't have the time to lock every topic and say the reason why. there were like 50 suggestions and the administrators look for the suggestion that worth the effort.
Furthermore, if you think your topic worth to be unlocked, feel free to PM moderators to unlock a suggestion if you convinced them with a reason.
I'm friends with TwCafe and I know that he did as per the rules, so I made this to make some changes, I have nothing against him, he does his job properly and according to the rules. That's right, I just think it's time for something new. That's why I did this, changes need to be introduced.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #3 on: 15 02, 2022, 04:05:42 pm »
I'm friends with TwCafe and I know that he did as per the rules, so I made this to make some changes, I have nothing against him, he does his job properly and according to the rules. That's right, I just think it's time for something new. That's why I did this, changes need to be introduced.

Thank you CoPe for understanding me, my friend.
Actually, in my personal option, all the rules here including
Show content
2- If a suggestion doesn't meet the requirements to be marked as Medium Priority after the second review or 14 days, it will be locked.
can be discussed, but you can make it more detail, what if you think topic will be locked without meeting medium priority in 14 days, then make a detail suggestion, let's say it might increase to 21 days, or decrease the requirement of medium priority, or any idea up to you to discuss with the community.  :thumb:
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Darius

• The Utopist
  • L4 Staff
  • Witness true strength.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Ingame: [CIT]Darius
  • Squad: Vintage - CCC
« Reply #4 on: 15 02, 2022, 04:22:59 pm »
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=339770.msg4995416#msg4995416

The biggest problem is due to the inactivity of certain players. We don't have as many active players as before on the server and also on this board we can't make people vote for us. And we don't need to do that, everyone needs to have their say. I want to change this: "2- If a suggestion doesn't meet the requirements to be marked as Medium Priority after the second review or 14 days, it will be locked." That is a very good rule, but what about people who have been waiting for a long time for suggestions. To look at his work or his example.

I didn’t look at how others responded but my topic was locked because it was inactive for 14 days. But I have 10 positive votes, what about that? Isn't there anyone so important and serious who is in charge of reviewing such discussions. https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=381923.msg5608698#msg5608698
In my opinion, this is not fair and time should be devoted to every suggestion, and not just to be locked up due to inactivity. Whether you may have considered adding it or not, and I think others have such experiences, that their suggestion is only locked, not rejected, not accepted.
Because no one will beg someone to vote for or against them, everyone will vote as they think, if they don't vote then they either don't understand it or they haven't seen it or they just won't.

Therefore, I believe that every suggestion should be looked at and decided whether it was rejected or accepted and for what reason. Not only to be locked up due to 14 days of inactivity, because that is already for UC.
You need to appreciate other people's time, and everyone here is trying to change something for the better.
thank you for your time.

This is my topic: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=381923.0
No offense, but I think 14 days is enough for everyone. Even the busiest person can reply within 14 days. That's why there is no need to make such a suggestion. Obviously, your suggestion didn't attract the attention of most people (imo), so it became inactive. Nevertheless, I wonder about the thoughts of the community. But my vote is :cros:.

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
« Reply #5 on: 15 02, 2022, 04:37:19 pm »
No offense, but I think 14 days is enough for everyone. Even the busiest person can reply within 14 days. That's why there is no need to make such a suggestion. Obviously, your suggestion didn't attract the attention of most people (imo), so it became inactive. Nevertheless, I wonder about the thoughts of the community. But my vote is :cros:.
Okay, but why is it only locked with 10 positive votes without negative votes, for what reasons?
Isn't that enough to get into the server or get an explanation of what happened to it. How much should one suggestion follow?
The server is not as active as before, 14 days is enough, but can we get an explanation? Everyone voted who thought they should and that's it? Locked because it is inactive.

Thank you CoPe for understanding me, my friend.
Actually, in my personal option, all the rules here including
Show content
2- If a suggestion doesn't meet the requirements to be marked as Medium Priority after the second review or 14 days, it will be locked.
can be discussed, but you can make it more detail, what if you think topic will be locked without meeting medium priority in 14 days, then make a detail suggestion, let's say it might increase to 21 days, or decrease the requirement of medium priority, or any idea up to you to discuss with the community.  :thumb:
In fact, why are some topics locked with only positive votes, my request is to introduce a rule that before locking the same, state the reason
I don't like the idea of just locking up a topic just because of inactivity, what about all those previous votes? Why aren't there important people here who should only deal with the final results of the suggestion.
I would also like everyone who has had this to happen and say what they think.
I know that the rules were not set for no reason, but the rules are also there so that they can be changed.
How many votes are enough? What do you consider an acceptable discussion?

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #6 on: 15 02, 2022, 04:42:05 pm »
The server is not as active as before

14 days is more than enough for your suggestion to get 15+ positive votes. I even know a case in which a suggestion got more than 20 positive votes within the first day. You cannot bring up the argument of "less people use forums" because there's already a rule to advertise your suggestion so whenever you feel like that it is within your rights to advertise your suggestion freely in the game.

:cros: :cros: :cros:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Darwin97

« Reply #7 on: 15 02, 2022, 04:53:44 pm »
I even know a case in which a suggestion got more than 20 positive votes within the first day.

This only happens in 2 cases
1) The suggestion gives an advantage or money.
2) the one who suggested it got every single person who knows to vote on it.

IMO the whole voting thing is a sham. IMO voting shouldn't be a thing people should give out their opinions if the general opinion is negative it should be locked but if the general opinion is positive then it should be sent to consideration for the devs and then they can sort out the ones they don't want to do

Arran added a backlogged sub-board which is for suggestion that he wants to do but aren't high priority and IMO something similar should be added for suggestions instead of the whole voting drama.

If a suggestion has 8-10 or even 14 positive votes they shouldn't be disregarded especially when all the votes are positive

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
« Reply #8 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »
@DeathWish  What you are saying is that the community shouldn't have a say in the future of the server.

Darwin97

« Reply #9 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:03:51 pm »
@DeathWish  What you are saying is that the community shouldn't have a say in the future of the server.

What? how did you conclude this @HosttyBoy ?

IMO the whole voting thing is a sham. IMO voting shouldn't be a thing people should give out their opinions if the general opinion is negative it should be locked but if the general opinion is positive then it should be sent to consideration for the devs and then they can sort out the ones they don't want to do

As you can see I said the players should give out their opinion but just because a suggestion didn't reach X amount of votes when we know votes can be manipulated easily instead it should be opinion based and if the general opinion is positive there should be a board for those kind of suggestion and they should be sent there for the devs to consider them.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
« Reply #10 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »
As you can see I said the players should give out their opinion but just because a suggestion didn't reach X amount of votes when we know votes can be manipulated easily instead it should be opinion based and if the general opinion is positive there should be a board for those kind of suggestion and they should be sent there for the devs to consider them.
Admins sometimes check the suggestions they think deserves a shot, there's no worry if a good suggestion doesn't make it unless it falls under the radar. Which can be re-suggested again if so.

Offline CoPe.

• Scary Founder
« Reply #11 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:20:02 pm »
Admins sometimes check the suggestions they think deserves a shot, there's no worry if a good suggestion doesn't make it unless it falls under the radar. Which can be re-suggested again if so.
Sometimes isnt enough.
It’s also not their job but if someone is never sure, they should be asked.
That is why a reason should be introduced for some suggestions, because we all take the time to do it all and check it out.
If it is your duty, then you should also give reasons why and what.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
« Reply #12 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:21:48 pm »
If it is your duty, then you should also give reasons why and what.
Not within my duty.

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 15 02, 2022, 05:31:50 pm »
14 days is enough for people to check stuff, but let's be honest, small superficial suggestions that don't change gameplay radically almost always get overlooked and sure, most of them with good reason, but there have been some suggestions which got 3 yes and 1 no get added for eg, and that doesn't appear to be a very popular suggestion if we look at the pinned ones for comparisson, but still, it was added.

I think depending on the type of suggestion people are making, there can be different criteria for different things, because I will admit seeing 40 closed suggestions is like "woah", there was a few good suggestions in there, obviously not all of them. I know how annoying and frustrating it can be to see 5 pages of suggestions and think "nobody even cares about these" (meaning, people voting on the ideas) but I think if we change the way we decide what deserves more attention over others then most will be happy?

For eg, cope's suggestion is an old feature that used to exist, the code might even still exist (which I think only Arran, bri or danz etc could know) and he didn't recieve a negative vote, so for that reason I feel his suggestion should've stayed open longer than say, a suggestion with 8 votes, 2 negatives and is superficial.

[Pre-existing feature] - Old script that used to exist IG
[New feature] - Something that doesn't exist (Arran's suggestion for eg)
[Overhaul] - Improving a currently existing script (Danzy's fuel transporter for eg)
[Balancing] - Making gameplay fairer for opposing teams
[Large] - Nuke event for eg
[Small] - Add an icon to missing locations for eg
[QoL] - Quality of life, something that makes things easier or more streamlined (like toy-boy's speaker suggestion)
ETC...

Don't think there's a problem with how suggestions are handled, but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider different criteria for different suggestions, based on how big they are, who they affect, if it's removing something etc etc. If a suggestion hasn't recieved a single negative vote, I feel that suggestion should stay open longer than one with the same votes but has negatives, and this goes for all suggestions, not ones I agree or disagree with.

Also not impossible to believe that not everyone has time to look at each suggestion carefully and consider them (instead of just eyeballing them), it's happened in the past (2015) when I think Bri or someone was made aware of a suggestion that had been "burried" on page 7 of suggestions under a spam of posts ... I think he or someone saw the suggestion and added it. It had like like 5 posts, but my point is that even if you stick to the guidelines perfectly and do everything right, fortunately or not a good suggestion gets buried too.

And yes, I do know that in a way, a lot of suggestions are not that appealing to work on, even if they are legitimate for whoever posted the idea.

See what others say!

Edit: Forgot to add, if something manages to get "medium priority" why should it be locked? I think we could use Arran's backlog to place the suggestions which didn't manage to get to medium priority (low) or medium priority suggestions that didn't manage to get any more attention?

« Last Edit: 15 02, 2022, 05:41:39 pm by Rabbid Rabbit »
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Darwin97

« Reply #14 on: 15 02, 2022, 06:01:14 pm »

How often does that happen? since 2019 I saw Arran mention twice that he looked over locked suggestions. There are 63 pages of locked suggestions do you believe in your right mind as a moderator of DS board for since IDK how long that all those suggestions aren't good? if that's the case then I really have nothing to say here.

Voting on suggestions has been going on ever since I joined the server back in 2014 and since 2014 I can say there have been like 10-20 different voting manipulation scandals, yet we still use this method which obviously sucks. IMO the voting should be changed to opinion based system

I think you should actually think of a reform Hostty (if you aren't willing to accept ideas from others) instead of defending this obviously flawed system we currently have.