Author Topic: [+++] Adding announcement and unique sound when a Group takes over LV and LS  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
As the suggestion says I would like to suggest some kind of like an indicator that a certain group has successfully taken over every single turfs there is in LV.
AS we all know, turfing, particularly in LV is a very chaotic sight, taking over LV is a great feat as it requires great leadership skills, PVP talent and most of all A huge amount of man power and Financial capacity for ammo and explosives. So to give respect if one group can successfully take over every single turf in LV, I would like to suggest to add this.

A commendable accomplishment, needs a commendable recognition.

A notification message something like "[Group name] Has successfully taken over All of LV!", I suggest on the red box indicated on the image below:
Show content

And then a sound effect almost the same as when a civilian level up its Civilian job. I suggest the sound effect on this YT link (go listen starting 0:02second of the video)
YOUTUBE LINK HERE!

EDITED:

As per requested my the majority, I would also like to suggest that this notification system will also be added in LS turfing. Meaning, the same notification (Message and sound cue might be different) system will be available once a Group took over every single TURF in LS.

ADDITIONAL FEATURE
For players who does not want to see the notification, I would like to suggest that we will a setting that turn on/off the notification system.

IMPORT RESTRICTION THAT SHOULD BE ADDED:
- THIS TAKE OVER NOTIFICATION SYSTEM will only activate once a group takes over EVERY SINGLE TURF on LS and LV.
- Most importantly, the group has to take every turf at least 85% of the TURFING PROGRESS. That means, even tho a group has taken over every single turf, they still have to take the TURF PERCENTAGE to 85% or above so that the NOTIFICATION SYSTEM WILL ACTIVATE.
- Lastly, A 1hour cooldown will be the gap on each Activation to avoid spamming the player's screens. Realistically no one can retake whole LV or LS in just an hour, if there are it requires great amount of man power and effort. So adding A cooldown of at least 1 hour would be very good restriction.
« Last Edit: 03 06, 2022, 11:07:53 am by TwCafe »

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
Re: Adding announcement and unique sound when a Group takes over LV
« Reply #1 on: 29 04, 2022, 12:52:54 pm »
If you mean for players at lv only I am positive but if you mean that this will appear for non-lv players then am negative because it will only cause disturbance nothing more

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
« Reply #2 on: 29 04, 2022, 01:40:02 pm »
If you mean for players at lv only I am positive but if you mean that this will appear for non-lv players then am negative because it will only cause disturbance nothing more

Segration is nice that you wont be able to disturb players on LS, but I think its a nice touch to let players in LS and SF know someone happens to take over LV.

I dont think its that annoying to players in LS and SF, since its just a quick notification that congratulates the group. It wont take minutes even, as I said it would look like when a Civilian player level up his job. I dont think that much would hinder any thing that LS and SF player is doing.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #3 on: 29 04, 2022, 02:14:35 pm »
Segration is nice that you wont be able to disturb players on LS, but I think its a nice touch to let players in LS and SF know someone happens to take over LV.

I dont think its that annoying to players in LS and SF, since its just a quick notification that congratulates the group. It wont take minutes even, as I said it would look like when a Civilian player level up his job. I dont think that much would hinder any thing that LS and SF player is doing.
maybe if it's something that can be disabled through /settings I don't mind it appear for LS/SF players

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
« Reply #4 on: 29 04, 2022, 02:22:06 pm »
maybe if it's something that can be disabled through /settings I don't mind it appear for LS/SF players

That's actually a great addition, maybe after this is implemented since the board rules says:
Quote from: uzaki
One suggestion per topic.

Offline W1TTY

• CIT Radio DJ
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 29 04, 2022, 03:01:33 pm »
most people don't give a flying start about LV, except for the people in LV themselves. So I would be positive only for the case that all this is exclusive to LV area.

:tick:

Offline Thug

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #6 on: 29 04, 2022, 04:26:27 pm »
What about LS takeovers too? Idk why you didn't mention it, I like that suggestion but I wonder why you thinked of LV takeovers while LS already has many take overs, I am Positive if you're going to add it for LS/LV

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
« Reply #7 on: 29 04, 2022, 04:56:58 pm »
What about LS takeovers too? Idk why you didn't mention it, I like that suggestion but I wonder why you thinked of LV takeovers while LS already has many take overs, I am Positive if you're going to add it for LS/LV

The LS Turf situation is very controversial. Its System is pretty complicated rn and it pretty hard to get a group taking over the whole LS turf.
What I mean is the LS turf can be taken over by random people who turned on gangster and just roam around without even thinking that they want to take over turfs.

And in addition, LS turf isnt that chaotic and expensive as compared to LV turf. Expensive in a sense that the Fighting pace are closely doubled, thus the amount of ammunation is also doubled. And to add on that is the explosives which again is very expensive

Offline Thug

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th
« Reply #8 on: 29 04, 2022, 05:06:26 pm »
The LS Turf situation is very controversial. Its System is pretty complicated rn and it pretty hard to get a group taking over the whole LS turf.
What I mean is the LS turf can be taken over by random people who turned on gangster and just roam around without even thinking that they want to take over turfs.

And in addition, LS turf isnt that chaotic and expensive as compared to LV turf. Expensive in a sense that the Fighting pace are closely doubled, thus the amount of ammunation is also doubled. And to add on that is the explosives which again is very expensive
Excuse me if I am wrong, have you ever joined a single war or takeover in LS? I've been playing as gangster for the last 2 years in row, I joined tons of wars and takeovers you just gotta see LS groups  at CV/EPR/WPR all of these wars made for takeovers whoever winning the war is taking over after it and it's so hard to take over if your enemies are there, they will start troll you from everywhere to stop your take kver but once you do you must receive a special notification like LV take overs cuz its way much hard, I don't see any problem in adding it for both cities,

Note: those who's taking over and they're noobs they actually taking it when there's no gangsters around and it's barely happening and only in night as I see

Offline MiDo.-

• Oh no
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam ♥
« Reply #9 on: 30 04, 2022, 02:31:54 am »
I'm positive.

Taking over LV has always been a milestone in the old days and even now, so this kind of announcement can be free advertisement for the group who did it and a motivation for other groups to try and carve their names as well so this will increase competition in my opinion.

Offline Tpac

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: Tpac
« Reply #10 on: 30 04, 2022, 02:37:30 am »
 :tick: LV has always been one of the most important parts of CIT so I have a positive outlook on useful things like this
TheLast_Resort
Banlieue13

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
« Reply #11 on: 30 04, 2022, 06:01:21 am »
I mean it’s not a bad idea since you suggested a setting to this but.. why not for LS too though?

P.S: Sorry, I didn’t see you explaining to Thug about it. But it’s not gonna be a disaster if it was added to LS too.

Positive anyways.
« Last Edit: 30 04, 2022, 06:04:30 am by Dokt0R »

Offline Apollo

• The Warlord
  • "Rules are invalid in our streets!"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th St. Gang
  • Ingame: Apollo
  • Squad: Vintage
« Reply #12 on: 30 04, 2022, 09:02:07 am »
This might be a good idea, I will go Positive only if this will apply for LS takeovers too and the ability for this script tk be disabled via /settings panel.

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
« Reply #13 on: 30 04, 2022, 11:05:35 am »
This might be a good idea, I will go Positive only if this will apply for LS takeovers too and the ability for this script tk be disabled via /settings panel.

Excuse me if I am wrong, have you ever joined a single war or takeover in LS? I've been playing as gangster for the last 2 years in row, I joined tons of wars and takeovers you just gotta see LS groups  at CV/EPR/WPR all of these wars made for takeovers whoever winning the war is taking over after it and it's so hard to take over if your enemies are there, they will start troll you from everywhere to stop your take kver but once you do you must receive a special notification like LV take overs cuz its way much hard, I don't see any problem in adding it for both cities,

Note: those who's taking over and they're noobs they actually taking it when there's no gangsters around and it's barely happening and only in night as I see

I mean it’s not a bad idea since you suggested a setting to this but.. why not for LS too though?

P.S: Sorry, I didn’t see you explaining to Thug about it. But it’s not gonna be a disaster if it was added to LS too.

Positive anyways.

ADDED ON LS TURFING! Please reread the suggestion.

As you've all requested. I have thought it out and as a result ive come to a conclusion that its viable to add this system to LS Turfing as well. But with it, I also thought of few great restrictions, so please consider changing your vote as you reread my suggestion. @Apollo @Dokt0R @Thug

Darwin97

Positive

This doesn't sound like a bad idea and can spark some competition between groups since there's more ways for them to get recognized that they took all of LV/LS although players should be able to disable it