Author Topic: [+++] Allowing re-entry into a Criminal Event if you died inside of it, again  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Current situation:

You die inside of a criminal event, for any reason, be it death by a player, death by unstable connection or otherwise. You aren't able to re-enter that event because of a restriction that says "Already played this event."

Why is this a thing? Because of CEs running forever? There's a timer that shoots everyone out after a few minutes, I can't remember at exactly what running minute everyone gets ejected from the CE and top killers announced, someone please let me know, so using the argument of CEs running forever isn't a good one. 15 cops vs 15 criminals fighting around a corner also leads to the CE lasting forever... so it's a weak argument.

Limiting gameplay in any way isn't good, it never was. Some say "Play armed robberies when you die inside of a criminal event", no, I don't want to be forced to play something I don't like playing, I don't understand why I shouldn't be allowed to enter a criminal event after I died. I enjoy criminal events, I really do. I enjoyed criminal events for my entire CIT life time, and I am pretty sure many people enjoy CEs too.

People should be able to pick their game play, not get limited because of a potentially unwanted death.

What I am suggesting to change:

Ditch this restriction that doesn't allow people to re-entering a criminal event after death, and replace it with the system we had before this that limited re-entry up to 2 minutes after death. Meaning after you die, you must wait 120 seconds to be able to re-enter again.

Also please for anyone reading this, I'm not touching armed robberies, they will run exactly the same way they do now, almost alongside the CEs, this change is exclusive to criminal events and has nothing to do with armed robberies.
« Last Edit: 12 06, 2022, 04:14:29 pm by TwCafe »
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
  • Punishment Appeal Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Cerberus
It's after 10 minutes from the start time of the CE that everyone is ejected from the event and they spawn outside.

I like your suggestion, it would be good if we could re-enter the event. Most criminal events don't make it close to 5 minutes, which can be disappointing. It'd be nice if we were allowed to re-enter.

A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Online RX1

• Guard_Ghosts Honorable.
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
 I am supporting your idea , really it is annoying when you can't re enter the  CE .
I remember 2 years ago it was able to join CE ., twice or maybe 3 times. Hope they back that system again.

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Does this mean that the CE time will go up again? because now it lasts 10 minutes and that is why you cannot enter more than 1 time, I await your response @Danzy
There is an old saying that the worst part of hell is not the flames, but the loss of all hope.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Does this mean that the CE time will go up again? because now it lasts 10 minutes and that is why you cannot enter more than 1 time, I await your response @Danzy
You didn't have to mention me, and no.
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Mr.OmG|124

• New Community Member
  • DoMinos_Family Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|Mr.OmG
  • Squad: Trojans
We really need this system work again, I remember I used to play before 1+ year with this system and was better  :tick:
MEOW MEOW WHERE IS THE LITTLE MAO

Offline Vilch0

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
I agree with you Danny I really like playing in CEs for me that’s the most fun thing to do in the server the ARs are great but they are not as good as the CEs so yea I support your idea that we can re-enter like we used to do. I’m voting Positive.

Offline Virus

• Fuck
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
That's another suggestion to revert something was never supposed to be changed, yet it did.
Our bodies are tired, our shadows will dance.

Offline Azazel

• DoMinos Leader
  • アザゼル
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoM
  • Ingame: Azazel
  • Squad: Dominos_Squad
Im totally agree with you there is no any benefit to limiting players and their enjoying things so current system is annoying I hope so we can turn to old ce system :tick: :tick:
  • LioNs Founder
  • DoM Advisor
  • VIKINGS Founder

Offline BuGsBunny

• AvidaCompany President
  • New Community Member
  • Not tonight, Josephine
    YearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: --
  • Squad: Undying
this is how Criminal Event works before and it will be good if we get it back. as you can see nowadays if Criminals or Police get out of numbered in the CE its either they will be lost as soon as the other teams rush them or if they can still hold and wait for the other players who have not yet entered the Criminal Event.

allowing re-entry into a Criminal Event will be good I'll upvoting  :tick:
You must do the thing that you think you can't do

Offline Dokt0R

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
That's another suggestion to revert something was never supposed to be changed, yet it did.
This ^.

It’s quite a good idea to bring this back, but this will mostly make every CE last 10 minutes, isn’t it?

This is actually a better idea than what someone once suggested about separating CEs/ARs, with this, players can just choose what event to attend.

:tick:

Offline GaMeFeR

• Pirus Co-Founder
  • Long live to Pirus.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: [CIT]GaMeFeR
Interesting, and not to mention that whenever you die for some ocassions you don't have anywhere to go else going to an Armed Robbery that is about to end or make any other daily criminal activities, and that's why I'm supporting this to return back.

SCM | Ex L2 Staff
Ex Guider & Applications Handler
| Ex Head DJ | Ex ICM
November 3rd 2020: @GaMeFeR Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + FMMs

Offline iFighTeR7

• Regular Community Member
  • I don't care what people say about me.
    YearsYearsYears
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
It's dope idea, and will make CE more enjoyable thanks,  :tick:

Offline Nobody_

• Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
I've been wondering all week about this, and really, being able to go back to CEs will be amazing, I personally think CEs are more competitive than ARs, and more fun too. It would be better if we could go back after dying.  :tick: :tick:

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline Taz

• Guard_Ghosts Owner
  • Donator L3
    YearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Taz
  • Squad: OverVictims
The Current system for Criminal Event are really annoying sometimes you die by a mistake and you will have to wait until it ends so basically your suggestion are really helpful and making it that you can re-enter it after 120s are an excellent idea, I’m supporting your suggestion.  :tick: