Author Topic: [+++] Buffing the S.W.A.T. Tank (Updated)  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
[+++] Buffing the S.W.A.T. Tank (Updated)
« on: 27 06, 2022, 09:11:34 am »
Greetings everybody.

The disadvantages of S.W.A.T. truck
Today I care to suggest making the S.W.A.T. tank contain features that make it a use-able vehicle. since it's currently among the worst vehicles in the server due to its low max speed, bad handling and overall lack of anything that makes it worth buying. plus, you can't even aim/drive-by to shoot while inside of it, not as a driver or a passenger.

The Suggested Features
1-Max speed of 198 KPH.
The vehicle has a max speed of 138 KPH, which isn't enough, so we will start with increasing the speed.

2-Adding the feature to shoot teargas from the cannon.
You can't even shoot while inside of it, so to make up for that, it will shoot teargas cans out of its cannon, and the teargas shot should be shot strongly like an arrow so it could be useful and reach the target. I should also mention that cops will have to press 'N' to enable shooting teargas because I'm sure people don't want to waste 1k $ when they press nitrous button to speed up.
This option can be overridden if not applicable/semi impossible, can be replaced by giving 80% damage resistance to the vehicle.

3-Giving it the ram ability of the Dune.
S.W.A.T. truck in GTA SA was shown to break the wall of DFR in the last mission of the game, that should demonstrate enough about how strong it is. giving it the ability to strongly ram vehicles will make it useful to prevent criminals from escaping, all while keeping it fair, since the max speed will be 198 KPH. so if you really want to avoid the S.W.A.T. tank not to get rammed by it, you will(so no, it won't be 'OP'), but this will be a good feature for multi-use.

I believe those additions will turn the vehicle into a good support for cops at riots, with the teargas shooter, and for disabling criminal vehicles by the ramming power.

1-Teargas will cost 1k$ per can, with 5 seconds cooldown.
2-I'm not suggesting more damage resistance for it, I'm suggesting giving it the ram ability of the Dune.

3-Cost to be decided by administration, preferably 2 million and more. (Up to administration)
Cost can remain at 600k, since the FBI truck has advantages and it still remains at 200k.

MAJOR UPDATES
I've been told by multiple players that the whole teargas thing isn't effective or useful in any situation due to the fact that cops can already throw teargas with M4 rather than being stuck in a car that can get destroyed easily. In addition to Brian telling me that the dune ramming ability is unlikely to be re-added, so I decided to suggest the following:
1-80% damage resistance, similar to FBI truck's. (though, it'll be 80% instead of 60% because this vehicle is more limited.)
2-Enable shooting from inside the vehicle + Enable gluing & shooting on it without VIP.
3-Maximum speed of 235 KPH, as FBI Truck has similar functions but it has a speed that can reach 285KPH+, though it has plates that make it harder to drive, while the S.W.A.T. truck doesn't have those plates. It should also have the ability to reach max speed quickly so it can function as a ramming alternative.
4-Stinger support.

« Last Edit: 08 08, 2022, 12:27:26 am by Mohammad. »

Offline Soul

• New Community Member
  • I Love Potatoes.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Soul-HunTeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
Re: Buffing the S.W.A.T. Tank
« Reply #1 on: 27 06, 2022, 09:50:25 am »
I used to be a cop and I tried this vehicle many times but it didn't end so well for me, Beside all the fire arm of this vehicle the speed is bad, So i'm suggesting to  increase the speed but teargas will be op in my opinion so either you update only the speed or both but it have to cost at least 1k each grenade for the one who is shotting with it so I am kinda Positive with this one, This car needs fix indeed.

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
« Reply #2 on: 27 06, 2022, 10:12:43 am »
I used to be a cop and I tried this vehicle many times but it didn't end so well for me, Beside all the fire arm of this vehicle the speed is bad, So i'm suggesting to  increase the speed but teargas will be op in my opinion so either you update only the speed or both but it have to cost at least 1k each grenade for the one who is shotting with it so I am kinda Positive with this one, This car needs fix indeed.
Buffing the speed isn't enough to make it worth 200k even, as there are faster cars with that price. as I clearly stated in the suggestion, shooting teargas will cost 1k for each can.

Offline Soul

• New Community Member
  • I Love Potatoes.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Soul-HunTeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #3 on: 27 06, 2022, 11:23:30 am »
adding all these stuff will be more op specially for a 200k car only made for cops however adding 3-4% of damage resistance and increasing the vehicle's balance plus to the teargas cans it could be much better in my opinion it will be balanced from all directions, also let's not forget that it's a tank or how it's supposed to be.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #4 on: 27 06, 2022, 11:42:39 am »
Don't you think that shooting tear gas from a swat tank would be kinda op? I can't find where you mentioned a cool down for it so it will be same as normal tear gas cool down?

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
« Reply #5 on: 27 06, 2022, 01:06:30 pm »
adding all these stuff will be more op specially for a 200k car only made for cops however adding 3-4% of damage resistance and increasing the vehicle's balance plus to the teargas cans it could be much better in my opinion it will be balanced from all directions, also let's not forget that it's a tank or how it's supposed to be.
The cost of the S.W.A.T. truck is 600k and I'm not suggesting more damage resistance for it, I suggested giving it the ram ability of the Dune.
Don't you think that shooting tear gas from a swat tank would be kinda op? I can't find where you mentioned a cool down for it so it will be same as normal tear gas cool down?
It will be 5 seconds, like normal teargas cooldown for on-foot officers. although I will leave the new cost of the vehicle up to administration, but preferably 2M+ for the features it will contain.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #6 on: 27 06, 2022, 03:38:50 pm »
The cost of the S.W.A.T. truck is 600k and I'm not suggesting more damage resistance for it, I suggested giving it the ram ability of the Dune.It will be 5 seconds, like normal teargas cooldown for on-foot officers. although I will leave the new cost of the vehicle up to administration, but preferably 2M+ for the features it will contain.
am going Positive but this vehicle price should be +10mil tbh since it has such OP features, Criminals have Stafford for 50mil then to make it fair this tank should be +10mil or lower the current Stafford price.

Offline Smith.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #7 on: 28 06, 2022, 02:40:06 am »
It's a good idea to increase the speed of the SWAT tank and increase its tear gas firing capability. Sounds good and Page is very active. So I'm positive on this topic because SWAT tanks will be more useful. If adding all of the things you suggested    :joy:   :tick:

Offline Agent 47

• New Community Member
  • Frenetics Leader
    YearsYears
  • Group: Frenetics
  • Ingame: F*sharpminor.
  • Squad: Morises
« Reply #8 on: 28 06, 2022, 08:20:28 am »
good suggestion, the cannon above this vehicle should be replaced with a machine gun like available in hunter. Positive :tick:

Offline Music

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Vecna
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #9 on: 28 06, 2022, 11:23:51 pm »
I am going to support this, it will make the game more challenging between both sides, but it's going to be like stafford for criminals, so it should be more expensive, Positive

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
« Reply #10 on: 04 07, 2022, 06:21:58 pm »
6 positive votes. Next review will be done next week.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Atheer

« Reply #11 on: 07 07, 2022, 09:34:21 am »
I am going positive for this one, this car would be so usable with those features getting added, literally nobody uses it nowadays, except in some roleplay trainings or so. The price must be kinda high, administrators can deal with this after all, or the one who adds that.

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • State Official
  • To the moon!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
« Reply #12 on: 07 07, 2022, 10:17:25 am »
This can not be true! This is a good suggestion. I used to Drive this vehicle and we should give more advantage to this expensive vehicle!  :tick: :knife:
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
(LS) Devon5656(CG)(SD): You are a legend coke

Offline SqueX

YearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 07 07, 2022, 10:41:18 am »
Positive because the S.W.A.T Tank is only using when roleplaying other than that, no one using and it's not a good car worth spending $600,000 cash, think about it you pay $600,000 for this car and its speed is only 138KPH what a bad joke? at least if what you said is added and this car is buffed I'm ready to give $600,000

:tick:
If CIT had been created before MTA, MTA would have been a server of CIT.

Offline Tropkillaz

• New Community Member
  • ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
    YearsYears
  • Group: Global_Army
  • Ingame: Tropkillaz
  • Squad: Merryweather
« Reply #14 on: 10 07, 2022, 06:41:47 pm »
Positive on this one. I like the creativity behind this idea, if this will be added, definitely gonna use this vehicle in upcoming riots.