Author Topic: [Riddy] Adding Ping location Feature for CBs/PCs.  (Read 1516 times)

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
[Riddy] Adding Ping location Feature for CBs/PCs.
« on: 01 07, 2022, 08:16:55 pm »
Greetings community, I am here suggesting adding a new Feature for Criminal bosses and Police Chiefs where they can ping a location for their Team.

lately, I have been playing some Shooting games where we can ping locations for our Team so I was thinking why not adding the ability to ping locations ingame as a feature for Criminal bosses and Police chiefs, sometimes when we are hosting Riots, etc sometimes we want to ping a location for Criminals where they can rush or if someone is hiding at any location.

FAQ:
Q: How will it look?
A:
Show content
here is a video of how will it work https://streamable.com/ytfxer
Q: How can CB/PC ping that location?
A: they have to write /cping
Q: why not add this feature for everyone?
A: No because people will abuse it by trolling each other

if there are any other concerns about the suggestion feel free to ask
edit: about that (`) key we might change it.
« Last Edit: 05 07, 2022, 10:48:44 pm by HosttyBoy »

Offline M1D0

• The Legend
  • Honorable
  • INSANE.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
Re: Adding Ping location Feature for CBs/PCs.
« Reply #1 on: 01 07, 2022, 08:56:20 pm »
I see that its a great idea so you can direct the criminals/cops to certain place, but you can also just say in the note words like ''Rush'' or ''Fall back'' and direct them via your words as a leader and with your leadership skills, The shooting games are having this feature because there's no boss/leader among the team which's 4 players only, but here you got a tag beside your name and CB/PC notes, so they know who to listen to. I will be neutral.

Offline Smith.

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Squad: SHERIFF
« Reply #2 on: 01 07, 2022, 10:27:01 pm »
you want to make Ping is good or not?   ???

Want to know what needs to be modified or added? I read your topic, but I don't understand.
« Last Edit: 01 07, 2022, 10:29:12 pm by Carter »

Offline M1D0

• The Legend
  • Honorable
  • INSANE.
« Reply #3 on: 01 07, 2022, 10:34:28 pm »
you want to make Ping is good or not?   ???

Want to know what needs to be modified or added? I read your topic, but I don't understand.

@Carter Its not even related to the ''Ping'' which's in-game, the one that shows your internet connection. He meant a mark when he aims at a place and click on the ''`'' it to show us where to go, as shown in the picture, the yellow explanation mark sign. Same as shooting games the one which shows the enemy location when one of the team sees him/her.

Offline Sawos

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CA
  • Ingame: Sawos
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #4 on: 01 07, 2022, 10:42:41 pm »
Im supporting your suggestion and it would be much better if the ping appears on the minimap instead including a sound popup on ping.
 :tick:
(TEAM) Ti|DeathWish [SO]: Piss tastes better than beer

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
« Reply #5 on: 01 07, 2022, 11:55:06 pm »
I see that its a great idea so you can direct the criminals/cops to certain place, but you can also just say in the note words like ''Rush'' or ''Fall back'' and direct them via your words as a leader and with your leadership skills, The shooting games are having this feature because there's no boss/leader among the team which's 4 players only, but here you got a tag beside your name and CB/PC notes, so they know who to listen to. I will be neutral.
this would help us in Riots etc sometimes you don't have time to write in team chat etc because Cops rushing so just ping the location and the rush sound would help, tbh I don't think that this will be useless.

Offline Mazenolla

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Mazenolla
« Reply #6 on: 02 07, 2022, 12:10:33 am »
This suggestion is really nice and will be very useful because I use it a lot myself in other shooter games as it saves a lot of time of typing. I think it will bring the CBs/PCs a much more comfortable way of communicating during a fight in CEs especially.

Positive.
“You clearly don’t know who you’re talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!”

Offline M1D0

• The Legend
  • Honorable
  • INSANE.
« Reply #7 on: 02 07, 2022, 12:40:10 pm »
this would help us in Riots etc sometimes you don't have time to write in team chat etc because Cops rushing so just ping the location and the rush sound would help, tbh I don't think that this will be useless.

Well, I got the point that it will be more faster. I like the idea in general, but if you can just edit the bind to be a command like /cbping and /pcping and each and every CB and PC can use ''/bind <key> cb/pcping'' it will be much better because some people couldn't click on this ''`'' fast, and they will be free to make it on an easier bind. Supporting.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
« Reply #8 on: 02 07, 2022, 07:15:26 pm »
Well, I got the point that it will be more faster. I like the idea in general, but if you can just edit the bind to be a command like /cbping and /pcping and each and every CB and PC can use ''/bind <key> cb/pcping'' it will be much better because some people couldn't click on this ''`'' fast, and they will be free to make it on an easier bind. Supporting.
at first, I was going to make it /cbping but I think pressing on the key is way faster.

Offline Timbery

• Global Army Leader
  • L3 Staff
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Timbery
  • Squad: Anti Riot squad
« Reply #9 on: 02 07, 2022, 08:51:26 pm »
This would be definitely useful whenever it comes to dynamic tactical strategies on the field, regardless of which side you are leading. The leaders of each team will be able to alert their teammates whenever there is an urgent situation/possible threat that is not the object of using the local or team chat. It would also have benefits for both teams and would make the job of each side's leaders much easier and more efficient. It will at some points increase the teamwork ratio and help the non-English speakers to adapt to certain situations that would, later on, assist the entire team.

The only thing, I disagree with is, that there should rather be a command that may be bound to any key. For example /pcping or /cbping, so later on you can bind that command to a specific key through the "/bind >key< >command<".
"The story started long ago and is still being written..." - K.
"And here begins the rise of one empire in this new age..." - *** ********
"Some rumors says that Timbery is recording you..." - B.
Do not hesitate to send me a message or add me on discord (Timbery#5535) if you need any help.

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #10 on: 02 07, 2022, 11:45:48 pm »
Very much agreeing with this. I personally lead law units everyday, in Armed Robberies and Criminal Events, 50% of the time, I refer to active physical coordination, because as you know, sometimes you just have to take the shot and grasp the opportunity to win. coordinating in team chat/local chat might take few seconds, and take the victory along with it, which has happened to many people before.

I've even did it once that I scared off the opposing team in a Criminal Event, without saying anything, I just initiated physical movement in a certain pattern that delivered a sense of threat in the other team's eyes, my movement was very prominent in front of other cops' eyes, including a Police Chief as well. that's what makes me believe that others are willing to take that action as well, they just need a compass to guide them through the action, which is what you are suggesting. looking forward to see a lot of action inside CEs with this feature encouraging more close engagement.

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
« Reply #11 on: 03 07, 2022, 12:26:30 am »
This would be definitely useful whenever it comes to dynamic tactical strategies on the field, regardless of which side you are leading. The leaders of each team will be able to alert their teammates whenever there is an urgent situation/possible threat that is not the object of using the local or team chat. It would also have benefits for both teams and would make the job of each side's leaders much easier and more efficient. It will at some points increase the teamwork ratio and help the non-English speakers to adapt to certain situations that would, later on, assist the entire team.

The only thing, I disagree with is, that there should rather be a command that may be bound to any key. For example /pcping or /cbping, so later on you can bind that command to a specific key through the "/bind >key< >command<".
It will be /cping and cbs/pcs can bind them as they like

Offline TomHartS2

• Do your best, even if others don't recognize.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: TomHartS2
  • Squad: MP
« Reply #12 on: 03 07, 2022, 01:36:59 pm »
This is better than lawblip to be honest, it calls more of your attention, and more people will respond to the riot place. Good idea, positive  :tick:
Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming!

★Respect My History★

Offline Soul

• New Community Member
  • I Love Potatoes.
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Soul-HunTeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #13 on: 03 07, 2022, 02:02:22 pm »
this idea I always wanted to share it's just way too useful and will give a lot of information but  I think you should use a circle zone a specific range which people are able to see this, in another meaning if I am in LS Carshop near the CE, I don't want to see these cution pings. but regardless this idea is pretty much amazing, I will go with Positive

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • The T0Y
« Reply #14 on: 03 07, 2022, 02:21:11 pm »
I posted the video of how will the ping location wheel look ingame in the main post, here is the link for the video https://streamable.com/ytfxer
Show content
took perm from dokt0r