Author Topic: Can only get your password wrong 10 times every 24 hours  (Read 631 times)

Offline PatoKw2

YearsYearsYearsYears
The error says something

and the code handling the login is something different

because despite entering the correct password it's over you cannot login until the 24 timer finishes.

this is frustrating. I was trying hard to recover my little brother password. Now I cannot login to my account even though I am sure 100% I am typing the correct password

Can I please have the timer removed for me I wanna play :(

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
Re: Can only get your password wrong 10 times every 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: 13 09, 2022, 11:20:55 pm »
You were warned 10 times that this will happen. Clearly the password is not correct otherwise this wouldn't have happened. you can recover your password using the account retrieval board here https://cit.gg/index.php?board=459.0

Offline PatoKw2

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 14 09, 2022, 12:09:10 am »
you missed the point.

Right now I am entering the password 100% correct and the login system
does not allow peoole through when they enter it correct if they reached the limit. the error will occur regardless of which account ur trying to login. its a flaw in the login system. its was either programmed unintentionally or put there under a controversial logic.

Offline Crash28

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #3 on: 14 09, 2022, 12:28:08 am »
It's not a flaw, you getting it wrong 10 times means you are probably guessing the password which means you might not be the original owner of the account. If it lets you keep guessing even after 10 times then whats the point of having it anyways

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #4 on: 14 09, 2022, 12:37:18 am »
you missed the point.

Right now I am entering the password 100% correct and the login system
does not allow peoole through when they enter it correct if they reached the limit. the error will occur regardless of which account ur trying to login. its a flaw in the login system. its was either programmed unintentionally or put there under a controversial logic.
It wasn't programmed unintentionally, you wrote your password 10 times wrong, you're not allowed to login in the next 24 hours.
It was made like this to prevent people from guessing passwords and 10 times is more than enough to remember your password.
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Scaletta.1961

• Hello there ;)
    YearsYears
  • Group: None
  • Ingame: Scaletta
  • Squad: None
« Reply #5 on: 14 09, 2022, 09:54:16 am »
I believe that the system is fair enough tbh, since usernames aren't hidden and a password can be revealed somehow...
however it feels bad when you are trying to log to your account after not playing for a long time, some players will keep trying to enter their username / password constantly until the cooldown happens and suddenly they remember their infos once its too late so they would have to wait a day for it, kinda sad yk (happened to me before   :hands:)