Author Topic: [COMMUNITY VOTATION] Sprint block after being shot  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[COMMUNITY VOTATION] Sprint block after being shot
« on: 25 09, 2013, 10:59:28 am »
- Removed my anti sprint around like a moron after being shot script (Arran)

This update was actually useful for every single player who have to handle a fight against other players with ping at 400. It was removed because of the same reason as the other suggestion I made: no community input.

So yea, who gets harmed by a second of sprint block? Nobody

- Cops vs Robbers fights won't be changed as I could face 5 cops with sprint block and still survive.
- Turfing won't be harmed as if you turf in group, you can easily avoid 'the rape'

/vote and discuss

Offline Haftbefehl

• Donator L3
  • Honor to whom honor is due!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: nR7Gaming
  • Ingame: Haftbefehl
Re: [COMMUNITY VOTATION] Sprint block after being shot
« Reply #1 on: 25 09, 2013, 11:08:35 am »
I personally didn't like the anti sprint script but I will support this, since he reverted also the "anti-lag weapons" (Ak-47,M4 and MP5).
It was much easier to kill people who were lagging with these op weapons but it's much harder now and this small addition won't affect it that bad.

Offline puhQ

• Outstanding Community Member
  • kansas city shuffle
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #2 on: 25 09, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
Right, this script was actually useful, because when the guy shooting in someone who is running, that's actually impossible to kill. Same thing goes for cops, when a criminal shooted someone then running away, we can't taze him and we can't damage him as well.
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #3 on: 25 09, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »
Well I will say the same thing here that these/this idea(s) are helpful and are strongly needed. Sprint Spam makes laggers not to be catch-able by cops and I think bringing back (Disabbling sprint spam thingy) will also help.

Anyways i've upvoted it is even helpful in turfing/Catching criminals and for those who use to lag while someone is attacking them and they can continuously run. Anti Sprint thing will minimize it ofc.

+1
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

TylerTheCrp

« Reply #4 on: 25 09, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »
This update was actually useful for every single player who have to handle a fight against other players with ping at 400. It was removed because of the same reason as the other suggestion I made: no community input.

So yea, who gets harmed by a second of sprint block? Nobody

- Cops vs Robbers fights won't be changed as I could face 5 cops with sprint block and still survive.
- Turfing won't be harmed as if you turf in group, you can easily avoid 'the rape'

/vote and discuss
but at criminal events cops just camp at the exit and its almost impossible to get out if you cant sprint.

Offline eXoud

• Junior Community Member
  • Sleep or fall asleep trying.
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: eXoud
  • Squad: NuCleAr_Squad
« Reply #5 on: 25 09, 2013, 10:23:02 pm »
How does this work? I don't remember actually seeing this script in-game. Does it block the player sprinting ability for 1 second every time he gets shot? Could someone explain it to me?

Neutral

TylerTheCrp

« Reply #6 on: 25 09, 2013, 10:56:43 pm »
How does this work? I don't remember actually seeing this script in-game. Does it block the player sprinting ability for 1 second every time he gets shot? Could someone explain it to me?

Neutral
So your running out of pdr or br and a camping cop shoots you, you can not run for like 1 second it was removed by arran and in my opion it should stay off

Offline eXoud

• Junior Community Member
  • Sleep or fall asleep trying.
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: eXoud
  • Squad: NuCleAr_Squad
« Reply #7 on: 26 09, 2013, 09:24:20 am »
Actually the script was added and around 10% of players noticed as it worked pretty well.

@Tyler: it's still difficult to take down a guy who's lagging and/or running fast. I could escape robberies easily.

In that case, I'm up for it.

Upvote.

SASKEU

« Reply #8 on: 26 09, 2013, 12:47:20 pm »
Well, in old days when that script was exist it was helpful when you want to kill a runner, now in these days people who wanna defend just keep running in the same turf and spamming with nades, it's almost impossible to kill them when they just jump from a place to another and keep spamming with nades, maybe this script would help the players to get these players, actually about criminal events it was impossible to escape because of the OP M4 and and the old OP weapons, but without these weapons I don't think so that this script will ever effect on us when we want to escape, however I've upvoted this suggestion, hopefully it will back soon.

LeBored

« Reply #9 on: 26 09, 2013, 10:20:56 pm »
Well, for me it is a good idea because now it bug a 1 shoot, cuz when you shoot you wait 4 secs to shoot and the old system was better, +1 Upvoted.

VPK4

« Reply #10 on: 28 09, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »
I have to support this since I feelt sorry for the cops who chased me today. Yes I´m a noob but I still managed to basically run away from 5 cops without using drugs and with one hand busy. They did the right thing and all by testing if I was violent by shooting at me, trying to taze me and then spam with the nightstick, (things that usually works for cops). Also tried to kill a cop later on but at that moment I fount how hard it was without this sprint restriction available. My ping is mostly low so I can only imagine how annoying it is with a 400+ ping player.