Author Topic: Disable cops start and end shift when near wanted player  (Read 929 times)

Offline Physcopath

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I suggested this a while back but it was locked due to not enough community support so I am re-suggesting  it as it is still an issue.

The tittle pretty much explains my suggestion which is to disabled cops from starting and ending shifts. Why? well because cops aren't the only ones that have a pink tag when they are off shifts but mechanic and bus driver etc also have and get dmed for no reason while of shift. If this gets added it will give criminals no reason to shoot people with a pink name tag thus players can go afk in peace.

Discuss
It's Brian's fault :)

mrbrutus1456

Re: Disable cops start and end shift when near wanted player
« Reply #1 on: 01 10, 2013, 03:20:51 pm »
I agree that players in the unoccupied team should be protected against criminals, cops as well and to make that possible a restriction is needed, but the main focus should be that you can´t just switch on or off duty multiple times just to troll someone, however the ability to change the occupation once like going on shift to help other cops around if a gangwar randomly start right next to the cop as well as going off shift in order to fall back.

Just like the /fine command might be abused there is a message at the top of the screen that also is visible in eventual report screenshots, a message like that who show in a couple of seconds would prevent abuse from players that goes off or on shift just to report someone, a couple of seconds is enough time to notice that kind of changes and stop shooting if needed. On the other hand what about criminals that probably will stalk off duty cops in order to prevent them from going off shift or if a cop really don´t want to get randomly killed gets prevented from ending shift just because a wanted criminal are hunting him.

Offline Shehabos

• Outstanding Community Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 10, 2013, 03:43:19 pm »
I agree on this suggestion because I saw alot of Cops abusing it.
and as far as I know , I saw a staff saying that you can kill cops who ended their job. thus if you kill some random cop
when he's off-duty/end job-ed it will say <criminalX> <killed a cop by x weapon> and his blue tag or name won't be set as  pink.
« Last Edit: 01 10, 2013, 03:58:16 pm by Shehabos »

mrbrutus1456

« Reply #3 on: 01 10, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »
and as far as I know , I saw a staff saying that you can cops who ended their job. thus if you kill some random cop
when he's off-duty/end job-ed it will say <criminalX> <killed a cop by x weapon> and his blue tag or name won't be set as  pink.
That's true that you can kill cops off duty but it´s at your own risk, all teams who end their shift/job appears in the unoccupied team just like cops off duty so if you want to kill an off duty cop, you should only do that if you are 100% shore that it is a cop by for example watch him for a while and see if he start or end shift, press tab and scroll down or target at him and right click in order to see occupation. Failing on this one and kill a civilian off duty for example because you thought it was a cop might end up in a punishment for you. That's also easy to see in the deathlog since cops off duty appears in blue as well while everyone else in unoccupied team appears in purple.
« Last Edit: 01 10, 2013, 03:59:25 pm by mrbrutus1456 »

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #4 on: 03 10, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »
- Disabled police being able to go off duty, finally! (Arran)

Suggestion closed because: Suggestion implemented.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.