Author Topic: Balancing Unviolent Status of Criminals  (Read 3799 times)

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
Re: Balancing Unviolent Status of Criminals
« Reply #15 on: 07 10, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »
@Claire I don´t think that the community want the old rule #1 back, tried to suggest that not long time ago and it got -10 votes

Hmm.. I don't agree either to make rule #1 back. It should stay the way it is now. I was just stating that instead of making cops able to kill people who are just holding/aiming a gun, even rolling back #1 is more inhumanly good thing to do. *But it should not

who get's benefits from the new rule? Well in most cases it´s criminals who like to troll or grief cops by randomly killing or similar.
Whenever I'm employed as a cop, I simply go AFK when I don't want to involve with such activities. Even when I want to, and they aim at me, shot me, and I die. I'll just go come back and think.. Wow, now that person has worthy wanted level to chase. Well, I don't care about money either, but at least it worth more arrest points.

For the rest, I leave it for the community. Even though I don't really bother if all these applied as I play civilian most of time, but I already stated my opinions and how it would also be a disadvantage to the law side (in terms of profit and less worthy wanted criminals to chase) if Stevie's suggestion about cops should be able to kill a criminal that is just holding a gun applied.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

mrbrutus1456

« Reply #16 on: 07 10, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »
@Claire all new features can´t be made only to benefit crack players, that just wouldn´t work. CIT is so much more than just being selfish, hunt for stats and cash without any respect for other players. It´s not like you would enjoy getting randomly killed so you can get pack and arrest a 3* criminal and earn +-0$ after 5 minutes of hard work when you just wanted to relax with your friends or whatever. If cops doesn´t make enough money on the work then increase the payment instead of giving criminals more benefits to act like trolls all the time just so it becomes more wanted players, it was always possible to find wanted players even with the old rule, the main difference back then was that you didn´t needed to get randomly killed all the time.

And complainging about /afk isn´t a good idea either, sure you get protection but at what cost, the dimension is empty, you can´t move, you can´t have a conversation with other players or do anything. /afk is usefull when you need to go away from your computer irl not as protection from angry criminals while being a cop. Quit job isn´t an option either because then you have to go the whole way back in order to get the job again. /afk is even worse than jail so I don´t see any reason why criminals should be allowed to troll and grief as much as they do.

And btw you don´t need to abuse the word "inhumanly", are you running around with guns irl and aim at random people/cops there too or why is it inhumanly? It´s just a game and the gun is still a trigger, remember that you can get killed at any time as a cop without doing anything while criminals still need to do something in order to get arrested or killed.
« Last Edit: 07 10, 2013, 07:11:33 pm by mrbrutus1456 »

Evil4N

« Reply #17 on: 07 10, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »
The only reason rule 1 was changed into "free kills against cops" is because Arran wanted to have fun as criminal. For the rest its all lack of common sense.

jpleite

« Reply #18 on: 07 10, 2013, 07:43:18 pm »
I agree with the first suggestion where the violent time of a criminal doesn't run off. Because it's really annoying have to chase down a guy that 2 mins before killed 3 cops and while you're chasing him in the middle of nowhere he turns and kills you when you lest expected

But for the Second suggestion I agree with  physycopath  we should only be able to kill a criminal when they aim at us not when they're just holding a gun. Maybe a better solution would be a criminal gets 1 star with they aim at a cop and they are killable.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #19 on: 07 10, 2013, 11:35:34 pm »
I don´t see any reason why criminals should be allowed to troll and grief as much as they do.
Hmm.. Simply because they are criminals? Well, troll and grief are such excessive words. Criminals are suppose to commit bad things, because they are criminals. And also, isn't it because it's just a game just like you have stated before?

And btw you don´t need to abuse the word "inhumanly", are you running around with guns irl and aim at random people/cops there too or why is it inhumanly? It´s just a game and the gun is still a trigger, remember that you can get killed at any time as a cop without doing anything while criminals still need to do something in order to get arrested or killed.
Inhumanly = Lacking kindness, pity, or compassion; cruel. Well, if you want to compare it with real life: In any kind of law, unfortunately, in any country, any department, their law officers aren't allowed to kill anyone except if that one person committed murder or anything equal to, within particular regulations, of course. When someone just aiming cop with gun, the proper allowed response is whether to aim back and request them for surrender, or shot their hands or legs. But again, yeah, it's just a game.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

mrbrutus1456

« Reply #20 on: 08 10, 2013, 12:13:07 am »
Hmm.. Simply because they are criminals? Well, troll and grief are such excessive words. Criminals are suppose to commit bad things, because they are criminals. And also, isn't it because it's just a game just like you have stated before?
Ofc they are supposed, but not without any consequences, there's the point of this. An argument as well is the fact that it is a game, no matter who you are or when you get killed you always respawn soon or later. The question where rather why the ability to aim, shoot right next to or in other ways grief should be given to criminals due to the massive abuse of it. Criminals in CIT are much harder than irl, therefore the cops must be harder as well.

Inhumanly = Lacking kindness, pity, or compassion; cruel. Well, if you want to compare it with real life: In any kind of law, unfortunately, in any country, any department, their law officers aren't allowed to kill anyone except if that one person committed murder or anything equal to, within particular regulations, of course. When someone just aiming cop with gun, the proper allowed response is whether to aim back and request them for surrender, or shot their hands or legs. But again, yeah, it's just a game.
Cops irl shoot if someone threat them, not always to kill obviously but still open fire if it´s necessary, just as I said before it´s a game where the risk is much bigger than irl that the criminal actually kill you. And even the most humanly cops in the world would shoot to kill even when it´s "just a provocative person" as you would call it.

Got a sample from irl where 3 rubbers got fake guns and walked into a gold store and robbed it, the store owner didn´t know that the guns where fake, no one did and the robbers abused it just like in CIT, anyway when they tried to escape one of them aimed this fake gun towards the cops, just a second later he got shot in his head when trying to enter the escape car. Same cops doesn´t even shoot when its riots in the hoods where people are running around , burning cars, throwing rocks and other stuff at paramedics, firemen and cops as well. You see the unbalance here since these riots can be compared with CIT as well where cops arrive quick and always shoot. Provoking behavior shouldn´t be accepted, if you like to provoke then you deserve to get killed basically or at least arrested but you get the point.

Offline MadaFaka

• The Original
  • Donator L3
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: 08 10, 2013, 02:00:21 pm »
Totally agree with this. It is so frustating when a group of criminals are in a spot together and you know that the ones who are unwanted are going to attack you and can't do anything about it. Also after criminal events when you lower a criminal to 5% HP and you can no longer shoot at him because of this "shield". It is only fair that your suggestion is implemented to make it more balanced.

+1

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #22 on: 08 10, 2013, 06:58:37 pm »
Ofc they are supposed, but not without any consequences, there's the point of this.
Of course! Just like I said before. I think that the consequence of criminal doing criminal activities is jail. And that's balanced enough, I think, because cop also has those advantages that I stated on my previous posts.

And my another point is, by letting criminal stays as now, with a lot of possibilities doing their things, it would also be advantages to the law side.
Besides, Laws don't prevent crime, they punish it. More law with less violence is unthinkable, yet if law were able to do more than the violence side, it would not be law at all.

And don't forget that I actually agree with this:
Firstly, the violent status for a criminal should NOT wear off for an infinite amount of time until the criminal is jailed.
But disagree with Stevie's second.
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2013, 12:06:05 am by Claire »

Offline Hamada

• Regular Community Member
  • In teaching others we teach ourselves.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Hamada*SWAT
« Reply #23 on: 09 10, 2013, 12:43:56 am »
I totally agree with this, it's unbalanced for cops and I don't like to talk too much but I will let screenshots speak louder than words, let's see proofs with some notes.

Yesterday there were riot in JFM as always, it's not the problem but see how unwanted criminals threat us when we are fighting tons of criminals.

Screenshots of the situation

Show content

CASE 1 : Look at how unwanted criminal thread us while we are fighting a riot or in streets

Show content
He entered besides because we can't kill unwanted criminal or the criminal who threats you and waited until we got low health then he started to shoot us, do you call this balanced or fairness, so excuse me.

CASE 2 : Just take a look at the unwanted criminal was there (Red Arrow) and look at he waited until the cop had low health to kill him

Show content

Yes, we killed him here because we were to able to kill him but after we lost innocent cop who couldn't to shoot him at first because he wasn't wanted and he was waiting him to be 1 HP to kill him fair huh?

CASE 3 : How can I focus at fighting and we have unwanted criminals aim/thread at us during the gun fight and waiting us to be at low health to kill us ?

Show content

CASE 4 : If you didn't call this abuse or trolling or whatever it's called when unwanted criminal use his body as a shield because he can't take damage, so what do you call it, fairness and balanced again? 

Show content

I think that's enough for now, I have tons of screenshots but I just highlighted what I wanted to say. Also what happened in JFM, it was just example about what's going around SA against the cops, thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2013, 01:00:57 am by Hamada »
“Don't just follow your dreams; chase them down, grab hold and don't let go.”

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #24 on: 09 10, 2013, 02:13:33 am »
@Hamada Picture speaks louder than words, because people are too lazy to read. But yea, those are awesome examples.

Let me straighten my point again about "balanced". What's matter is generally about the result. In the end, who won that JFM? I guess cops side, like always been. Because criminals only have one life, and cops could just go back. Also, when criminals kill cops they gain nothing but spend money, but when cops kill criminals they earn money. Well, cop wastes ammo, but at least they get money too.

See the point? I speak generally, not just about these rules, but also cop's advantages and criminal's and vice versa. And summarizing from that, well, I could say it's balanced for now. And adding Stevie's second point is not needed.

I'm okay with those persons, waiting cops to have low-health, and kill them afterwards, it was a strategy. In fact even if they succeed, there were many cops ready to terminate them. Which also a strategy.

CASE 4 : If you didn't call this abuse or trolling or whatever it's called when unwanted criminal use his body as a shield because he can't take damage, so what do you call it, fairness and balanced again?

This is an abuse, and a must-reported action. Not only criminal doing this. Sometimes medic does this too to help whether law or criminal. Just report them if this happen, it's nothing to do with these rules.
« Last Edit: 09 10, 2013, 02:19:24 am by Claire »

mrbrutus1456

« Reply #25 on: 10 10, 2013, 06:01:27 pm »
Let me straighten my point again about "balanced". What's matter is generally about the result. In the end, who won that JFM? I guess cops side, like always been. Because criminals only have one life, and cops could just go back. Also, when criminals kill cops they gain nothing but spend money, but when cops kill criminals they earn money. Well, cop wastes ammo, but at least they get money too.

See the point? I speak generally, not just about these rules, but also cop's advantages and criminal's and vice versa. And summarizing from that, well, I could say it's balanced for now. And adding Stevie's second point is not needed.
Balanced? Hell no, lets bring up some other images tat tell us more than words: http://i.imgur.com/2SWhAwi.jpg, getting randomly killed is expensive these days and the chans that you are the one who get your own killer is less than 1 of 100 since other cops will try to get the suspect as well. Healthcare cost around 500$ less or more and then you need like 50-100 M4 bullets (500$ - 1000$) in order to actually kill the suspect while the reward for a 3* criminal is around 1000$ which will decrease during the time if he decide to run away and troll you with his invulnerability. There is no logic that murderers can get invulnerable basically.

Cops also deserve the ability to defend themselfs against trolls who aim or running with guns, sure that would be more expensive but at least you don´t need to get randomly killed every time someone decide to troll and attack you which saves a lot ot time.

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Ellis 4L
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: StevieFTW[SAPD]
  • Squad: LLW
« Reply #26 on: 10 10, 2013, 07:36:51 pm »
I request a lock, since I guess making two suggestion in one topic is rather inefficient and makes it harder to manage. I will re-make the topic.

Proud member of CIT since February 15th 2011
SAPD Founder

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #27 on: 11 10, 2013, 04:11:07 pm »
I've added it so they get wanted for aiming gun at cop.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.