Author Topic: Making DM Impossible  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Making DM Impossible
« on: 13 10, 2013, 04:01:05 pm »
So far, we've made a lot of progress on making DM impossible. But DM is still one of the main rules being broken, wouldn't it be great if we could put a complete stop to DM?

I want to be able to remove the DM rule entirely and any rare cases of DM can be treated as griefing. So just tell me how you've been DMed recently (explain the scenario that allowed you to get DMed) screenshot and or video would be a bonus.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Philo

• Regular Community Member
  • Good Moaning dear.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Philo
Re: Making DM Impossible
« Reply #1 on: 13 10, 2013, 04:08:18 pm »
1- making the civilians not able to switch weapons and not even to punch anyone.
2-making medics only have the spray as a weapon in (LS, SF) and having them back on LV
3- making criminal being jailed automatically if they shoot a civilian more than 3 times.

4- in EVENTS it disable controls for fighting so people stop jumping/dming before the event start.

Thats all what I can come up with.

Offline Bl3nd

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #2 on: 13 10, 2013, 04:18:53 pm »
You can go /afk, so you will be invisble

I'm not talking about that. What I mean is, minimizing the game to check on something fast then you reopen the game and pam ... you're a dead man.
Rolling swishers hittin' swishes

Offline Philo

• Regular Community Member
  • Good Moaning dear.
  • Ingame: Philo
« Reply #3 on: 13 10, 2013, 04:20:26 pm »
You can go /afk, so you will be invisble.

Someone can create a script that if u stayed without moving for more than 10 seconds it auto make u invisible as u r in /afk dimension.

EDIT: and also in carshows people can come and DM so simply when an admin host a carshow u come up with a command like /carshow and it get the admin's position and create a col and whoever enter it it makes his car damaged proof so people stop damaging it by trolling or dming (wont happen on wanted players) so they can gtfo away from the carshow.

JuanElSniper

« Reply #4 on: 13 10, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »
1- making the civilians not able to switch weapons and not even to punch anyone.
2-making medics only have the spray as a weapon in (LS, SF) and having them back on LV
3- making criminal being jailed automatically if they shoot a civilian more than 3 times.

4- in EVENTS it disable controls for fighting so people stop jumping/dming before the event start.

I agree with 2.. but I don't agree with 4 and 1. Just like Wilz said, how is jumping and randomly shooting in an event dming? Scripting that would just be useless. As for 1, come on they are civilians. Of course you'll have those who TROLL you, but there's an easy solution for that. Walk away. Civilians can't hurt you in anyway, why take away switching weapons and being able to punch?
« Last Edit: 14 10, 2013, 08:38:53 am by JuanElSniper »

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
« Reply #5 on: 13 10, 2013, 05:34:36 pm »
I was thinking about this for a long time. I guess it would be easier to just make everyone is "civilian-like" (can't harm anybody) except for criminal and cop. That means, the only way people kill each other is whether when criminal kills a cop and vice versa, make everything else is impossible.

The same thing apply for vehicle DM. Make everybody can't damage someone else's vehicle with punch nor gun, except if they're involved with criminal and cop things.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BClaude
« Reply #6 on: 14 10, 2013, 07:51:55 am »
I've got nothing to say for the times I've got DMed (recently) before, other than being a medic, asking a group if they need one, and they just spray bullets, kinda like children getting shot (accidentally by "1930-style, Tommy-gun") African-American gangsters in Chicago. Analogy aside, that's all I can think of, really.

Here's a concept I thought of:

1. For DM, only players with the Criminal/Gangster/Official gang Jobs will be allowed to kill players.
2. When the person is out of the LV area, he will not be able to use weapons, or even attack.
3. If a player has a job that requires a tool, such as Medic, he will be locked to use that tool (no switch back to fists>other weapons)
3a. If it's a Cop, he can also do kill arrests with his normal guns, but he can only do this once per wanted criminal.
4. If a criminal is wanted, he can fight cops normally with weapons. HOWEVER, should he attack any other user (such as another criminal in LS/SF), the criminal that got shot WON'T lose health.

EDIT:

To compare with this similar quote, my suggestion:

1. (This would apply to anyone that doesn't have the criminal/gangster job in LV)
2. Even in LV, they would only have the spray (to prevent job abuses)
3. (It's the same.)
« Last Edit: 14 10, 2013, 07:56:30 am by Thomas Ruggiero »

JuanElSniper

« Reply #7 on: 14 10, 2013, 08:51:08 am »
EDIT:
To compare with this similar quote, my suggestion:

1. (This would apply to anyone that doesn't have the criminal/gangster job in LV)
2. Even in LV, they would only have the spray (to prevent job abuses)
3. (It's the same.)

I don't agree with 1 and 3.

1 - So pretty much if you're a Civilian you can't switch from your fists? You're just taking away a privilege from Civilian players. They enjoy being able to troll their friends by, shooting one another, punching, etc. I mean come on now, if it annoys you that much why not leave the area? Its a fairly simple solution to your DM problems.

3 - That's just ridiculous. So you're telling me, if a civilian gets in the way of a firefight between an officer and criminal, and he's shot 3 times.. the criminal gets jailed for DM? That itself will just cause problems in the future. More than likely, you'll have players start constantly complaining about how it was a bad update.

The current DMing punishment system is fine how it is. The players who dm get punished, and the victim feels better.

Offline Nitrocide

• Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Nitrocide
  • Squad: LLW
« Reply #8 on: 14 10, 2013, 09:17:05 am »
I know you've seen me talk about this before, Arran. But since you brought this up I'll share my experience of being deathmatched.

Rustlers.

Their minigun cannons are deadly to vehicles be it civilians, cops, criminals or emergency.
Some of the above mentioned teams should not be able to damage each other. For example:

Cops can not damage anyone but wanted criminals
Criminals can not damage anyone but cops.
Civilian and emergency can not damage anyone, including themselves.

But, as you saw from my complaints, whining in #CIT(which I know was annoying and I appologize for that), that the above case is not true and we experience deathmatch in such a manner.

Again, like before, I personally don't have any concrete solutions for it.

Image as seen in the complaint I made recently against the guy who did this:

Show content
Let’s not get bogged down about whoooose rammed who, but if you’re reading this and it applies to you: piracy prevention.

Evil4N

« Reply #9 on: 14 10, 2013, 03:58:21 pm »
Well we have those votings-houses at the LSPD... and I saw cops being killed by criminals while they are voting.

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: BClaude
« Reply #10 on: 14 10, 2013, 11:23:25 pm »
Quote from: Arran @ Update log
- As Emergency Services can't damage players outside LV, disabled being able to shoot outside LV. (Arran)
- As Civilian Workers, Unemployed and Unoccupied can't damage players, disabled being able to shoot. (Arran)
- Fixed Gangsters being able to DeathMatch Criminals and vice versa. (Arran)
Fasinating. (looks like some features from my suggestion got implemented, BTW.  8))

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #11 on: 15 10, 2013, 08:33:20 pm »
Since no more suggestions have been made, I guess we're done here.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.