Author Topic: Game Review  (Read 28535 times)

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
Re: Game Review
« Reply #30 on: 04 08, 2014, 08:13:32 pm »
Show me a ban which is for a trivial thing.
By trivial I do mean the punishment that is too much for what they deserve. It's a very personal view of mine though. For example I found these on the first page of the Closed Appeals .This. That's a ban for useless post. For me it doesn't deserve a ban. A warn or a few days mutes would be enough. Or kinda this. A month ban for a flame which was actually not a flame to me. Or at least 28 days is too long. There were much more, but well, I don't have all day to find them all.

Though regarding to flaming, I do think it's better to suppress the exposure by censoring words that could lead to a flame. Prevention is always better.

http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=136780.0
Good! Didn't know that. Just sharing personal experience that it is often outdated. At least in the days when I still read it regularly to find things.

A game which we can heavily modify to improve it.
Of course it is. Seeing how far CIT is now from the original GTA:SA. Just saying that there's always limitation (You have tried CITy and that's one prove of limitation) and judging from how old the game is, you might need to accept the fact that it is maybe already reached its peak development or the players count. Plus, MTA is a mod. Casual gamers don't know how to use mods. Basically CIT will only get new players if some old players tell his friends to play it or someone just trying it randomly. SA is not the most famous game anymore. And old players won't tell their friends to play it if they're not even comfortable with it anymore. So rather than trying to make 'something new', not saying that it's impossible to make something fresh, I think what CIT needed the most is making the best of what's already there.
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2014, 08:31:59 pm by Claire »
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Steven

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
« Reply #31 on: 04 08, 2014, 08:22:51 pm »
One last thing, please care more about the F1. It is often outdated.

http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=136780.0

Job requirements - payments outdated, I don't have time to do them all L10 to check them so we could use help here.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #32 on: 04 08, 2014, 09:05:10 pm »
I think it's nobody's fault. CIT is maybe already in the level of its peak development. It's based on a game that is released a decade ago. It's got a very outdated game engine which limit possibilities. But let's see how far CIT differs from its base. I can say it's been developed awesomely. But remember, everything has its own limitations. All we can do is to make the best of those limitations.

The first bottleneck of CIT is for a game environment, the people here are somehow too strict. It seems like they like seeing other people lose or quit even for a simple mistake. I'll say if you want more people in the community, quit banning and punishing people from trivial things. Or at least, reduce your standards in it (Yes, it's a message for admins). People make mistake. Let punishment teaches, not to ditch people. Because there's nothing worst than a feeling that you're unneeded. That's the main reason why people quit things they even loved before.

Second is the not-so-fun limitations of features. Basically yet to be able to access certain features, you have to play in certain type of gameplay and ditching the other one(s). Do you want to use barriers, tank, or hydra? Well, you have to join those boring law groups that force you to be a police all the time and all that boring rules. (Sorry, groups) Same goes to criminal with their "criminal life". And even civilians..

Game features should be available to ones purely based on  their gaming skills and achievements, not things like "leading skill"/"More RP"/"Group officiality" or whatsoever. Give the "skilled gamers" the feature they deserve. For example allowing a police/crimnal with x Arrest points/Crim. Rep the access to spawn barriers regardless of what group they're in. Or even the Hydra access. Do not remove nor limit things that make SA is fun in the first place. Actions, explosions, and even violence. More features for the players, the better. Talking about what if things get exploited, rules are there for reasons.

Third, treat new players better. Nobody likes being a newbie, so give them features that will make them enjoy CIT and stay eventually. Also from personal experience, CIT title on MTA server browser is kinda unclear for gaming newbies. I mean like "CnR, SomeRP, MW" I was like.. What the hell is "CnR, SomeRP, MW"!? Honestly, I won't try the server if it didn't have that much players on the server browser that intrigued me. Before, I only joined server with clear titles like "Race"/"Police vs criminals"/"Zombie".

One last thing, please care more about the F1. It is often outdated. And quite confusing for new players. I spent like an hour trying to get to the explorer job in that time because the F1 didn't help, and nobody cares about a newbie. I didn't have money nor vehicles and there was no explanation how to use the chat. I didn't know the difference between T,Y,U because there was never an on-screen explanation of how and what those are for. So basically the moment after joining the server, I didn't know what I should do. It was pretty confusing. Once I understood that I should get a job, the F1 was once again being unclear. The job payment was in decimals that I did not understand. So I simply was trying various jobs blindly, not knowing what I'm doing for. The main point of all that is, please do care about little things before trying making the big ones. Sometimes the bottleneck of a system is the little thing in it because nobody is care enough to realise.

I agree with you 100%. I too believe that players who work harder than others and gained certain achievements should be given a special perk for whatever they prospered in. Criminals with over 100,000 respect/wanted points or even cops with 100,000 arrest points (/go police officer/traffic officer [the /gocop update] isn't very rewarding in my honest opinion.) would be well rewarded if they were entitled to features only exclusive to official group members or donators such as barrier placements or other special perks that could be thought up when we get there.

I think a time major change in CIT would be when players were rewarded for their hard work (excluding civilian/medic jobs).
« Last Edit: 04 08, 2014, 09:18:37 pm by Melo »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #33 on: 04 08, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »
Though regarding to flaming, I do think it's better to suppress the exposure by censoring words that could lead to a flame. Prevention is always better.

Doesn't work. Makes it worse. Fvck off a$$hole. See how easy it is to get around "censoring words"?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Zoryth

• Donator L1
  • The Monster
  • Ingame: Zoryth
  • Squad: Umbrella Co.
« Reply #34 on: 05 08, 2014, 02:16:25 am »
What I think we need is a new suggestion and a new Forum system in which number of post don't matter. Why?

Because people often downvote a suggestion for 3 bad reasons:

*To troll.
*Because they can't understand it.
*Because they post whored something like "this suggestion is useless because x reason* and they need the downvote to justify it.

Look at just the latest example of what usually happens in suggestions board. http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=138486.msg1823316#msg1823316

People downvotes it because "the forums would stop being used" ... biggest facepalm ever. Many good suggestions are closed in days before going anywhere because of the 3 reasons stated above.

If number of post don't matter, we would have less "not-smart" people playing they are even dumber and posting useless/inaccurate stuff to post whore. Just look right here, lots of post will come saying:

"oh you just butthurt your suggestions get many downvotes".
"This isn't a suggestion nor useful, you just mad".
"if we dont have post count, how will staffs will chosen, we ned them, or noone would post. derp".

No post count, would make us a much more chill community. How would you choose JCM+ RCM+ SCM* .. we don't need them, as Arran said in this very one thread, suggestion will be open for everyone. I don't see why other boards need rank permissions. How would we choose staffs? Staffs are the most important gears in the community, they aren't chosen because they have 100+ posts... they are chosen because they are known and they are mature and smart.

About the suggestions, what about ONLY having upvote button? you don't want it? don't upvote it. That way it can't be trolled. Of course if people really don't want it, it won't reach 50 upvotes in 2 weeks.
When the Devil is too busy. And Death's a bit too much. They call on me by name you see, for my special touch. To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune. To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize. But call me by any name. Any way it's all the same.

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #35 on: 05 08, 2014, 02:29:50 am »
Show content
What I think we need is a new suggestion and a new Forum system in which number of post don't matter. Why?

Because people often downvote a suggestion for 3 bad reasons:

*To troll.
*Because they can't understand it.
*Because they post whored something like "this suggestion is useless because x reason* and they need the downvote to justify it.

Look at just the latest example of what usually happens in suggestions board. http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=138486.msg1823316#msg1823316

People downvotes it because "the forums would stop being used" ... biggest facepalm ever. Many good suggestions are closed in days before going anywhere because of the 3 reasons stated above.

If number of post don't matter, we would have less "not-smart" people playing they are even dumber and posting useless/inaccurate stuff to post whore. Just look right here, lots of post will come saying:

"oh you just butthurt your suggestions get many downvotes".
"This isn't a suggestion nor useful, you just mad".
"if we dont have post count, how will staffs will chosen, we ned them, or noone would post. derp".

No post count, would make us a much more chill community. How would you choose JCM+ RCM+ SCM* .. we don't need them, as Arran said in this very one thread, suggestion will be open for everyone. I don't see why other boards need rank permissions. How would we choose staffs? Staffs are the most important gears in the community, they aren't chosen because they have 100+ posts... they are chosen because they are known and they are mature and smart.

About the suggestions, what about ONLY having upvote button? you don't want it? don't upvote it. That way it can't be trolled. Of course if people really don't want it, it won't reach 50 upvotes in 2 weeks.

Lestat I understand to your frustration, believe me. I believe my suggestions are gold but people still down-vote them, and yes it does get annoying after a point. However, there's a way this could be solved. I believe you just came across a new forum suggestion and you didn't even know it, amazing right?

Try suggesting this on your own; people without forum ranks can't down-vote/up-vote without a proper reason. That way, we'll know if they just want to troll/don't understand the suggestion and if they don't provide a good reason then they'll get a warning.

But this is more focused on the development of the game itself, you can go suggest this on the Out of Game board when you have the time. As said earlier, we're trying to come up with things that are completely new, rather than fixing what we already have.

Offline Rampage

• Junior Community Member
  • CIT's Rampage
  • Ingame: Chao$|Rampage
« Reply #36 on: 05 08, 2014, 05:01:00 am »
Oh my god, Holy words... I adored reading this news, this great things !
CIT will be more than a server, more than a community, more than a game.
CIT is becoming a real life. We really need our CIT to be the best of bests. Every idea will be suggested will have it's value. This value will be tested and verified by admins. It will be confirmed and added to the server, people will enjoy it, will enjoy their stay in CIT too. This is awesome ! I think that our server should have updated changes, daily changes if it's possible. People who are getting bored and who are leaving CIT will never think doing that anymore. I sometimes, when I get bored (Doing the same activities such as attending CnR events, turfing...) I go play in another server that has different mod, like, Racing mods or stunts or something like that. But, I really can't find an amazing server like CIT. I think we need some new suggestions, ideas, changes and additions to our server. I know there are things a bit difficult to produce but, I am sure that our server's admins will be able to make CIT more enjoyable, more realistic.
This is my viewpoint about improving CIT. Thanks for respecting and giving it attention.
« Last Edit: 05 08, 2014, 05:15:54 am by Rampage »
Creativity is to look at the familiar in an unusual way.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: IVANs_Family
  • Ingame: GA~[IF]IVAN>B+
  • Squad: IVANs_Squad
Criminal life, groups, players, features.
« Reply #37 on: 05 08, 2014, 07:38:32 am »
The main reason that I am playing CIT is because I think it's extremely fun and rewarding to be a boss. It's also fun to be a lower ranked member in the hierarchy and work your way up. I love that. This community has players who will actually line and do what you say. That is rare to find. Staff and bosses are valued by lower ranked members because they are the ones who can bring people together to do group oriented stuff. A lower ranked member can't get people together. I credit the very advanced group system.

I have spent a lot of my time in CAMORRA and this gave me an opportunity to really take advantage of the massive popularity it has. I could play around with people and the group structure in new and fun ways that you usually can't in games because people are too focused on playing alone and too busy to care about the group.

This game is very group oriented for some players and the playerbase consists of young players from countries with another culture. Compared to Scandinavian countries, their family irl with strict dads and what not teaches them to accept values such as respect, hierarchy and hard work and I think CIT admins and the whole server promotes that also, which I think is good. It's a serious server and that fits my personality. So I'm happy. But what about the gamerZ & troller kids who want to joke around more? I think those players are quick to leave the server because they don't fit in and they need gameplay features within the strict rules to have fun with if u want them to stick around and put up with the rest of the strictness. People will put up with a lot of pressure and strictness as long as they still wanna keep playing for whatever reason. Make a few reasons for that troller kidz segment to get more players.

The best way to keep a game going strong is to give people more of what they love, but not too much and not too easy (carrot). That being said, I really think you could give more when it comes to groups. And I think Brian needs help with that. He put himself as inactive staff last month, expressed his own fatigue and how players weren't grateful for his time and now the BVT is closed. He's been removing minibases in the name of better FPS and he's been trying to streamline everything related to bases. He's trying to force groups & squads into interiors.

Brian, if you read this. You really need a break and I hope you're taking one. You went inactive as staff last month and I hope you will have a nice summer. But.. The situation is not good and needs to be worked on. This is what I would do if I was Arran. I would promote 2 more CIT staff members to L4 or L5 and assign them to Brian's position with Brian as the experienced boss. He is tired and too irritated with people who keep talking to him about bases and skins. He needs help and we need a better group base system. I've tried to suggest things, but in Brian's mind there needs to be much fewer bases on CIT because groups don't deserve them. They go inactive too easy and request too many base updates. He has tried to make it expensive, but it wasn't good enough and he's now so tired that he has taken a break (I assume. I'm sorry if I'm talking about things that I'm only guessing about, but this is what makes sense to me from my point of view.)

The BVT needs fresh energy. Bases is something EVERY SINGLE CRIMINAL cares about and it's a disaster for CIT that base applications are closed, fewer bases will be added and the person behind it all is fatigued (Brian). I talk with a lot of random criminals every single day. Really.. You will see my group being the most crack group around soon. I'm very popular and I run a very successful operation because people are very happy in my group. This despite us having no perks and being a new group. .. So we will be fine without a base, but I want to let you know, Arran and Brian. Bases, car spawners, official status and all those things is something that people really care about a lot! They dream about it and the groups that don't have talented and skilled leaders like me are having problems to entertain their members! Members leave their group because they are bored either because the group doesn't turf enough or just that it's boring and they know another group who is more fun. Giving those unskilled leaders and random groups (who according to Brian are useless and don't deserve anything) will actually have a positive effect on the playerbase because it will give those players something to look forward to and more things to do. I have been in CAMORRA and I have run my own group. It is a tested FACT that there is more fun things to do when you are an official group and therefore easier to keep your members happy. The car spawners, the job and the base are all things that you can use in a way to create content for your members.

The job is good for giving to random people who visit your base and want to use the car spawner. It's good for letting them enter your base interior into the destruction derby interior.
The car spawner is good for group members to do driving trainings. Forcing members to buy a car is not the same easy feeling and most group bosses dont do driving trainings at all when they dont have car spawners.
A base in LV is also useful because u can actually do duel trainings and team duel events without being trolled. I have tried to make events like that out in the open in LV or even at sea hospital.  It's impossible because a troller always comes. So the safety of a base allows you to line up and organize things for your members.

At this point I disagree with Brian's philosophy. I think group interiors are a good idea, but they will never be popular because people hate going inside. THeir friends cant see them on the map and you can't duel each other inside. I have suggested to Brian to allowed group and squad interiors to be placed in a turf area so that you could fight inside of them, but he says that it is exploitable for farming kills and whatnot. I say that's too bad because that would otherwise be extremely fun to fight. Well my group uses the /duel feature (thx for that btw!!), but it would be so much smoother if we could just do this without having to spend so much time to set teams up in /duel. Unskilled group bosses or staff don't go through the trouble, but you could make them create content for their members by making it easy and obvious to them.

The strength of CIT is the community and the fact that you can play it on a bad computer. So that means a lot of poor people are able to play this game in 3rd world countries and that's really great! I've met A LOT of young CIT players and I can tell you that many of them know each other in real life. Palestine, Egypt, Israel and Tunisia are some great countries that provide our game with a lot of players. We can easily get more players from those countries and keep getting it for years to come, so CIT will not die.

I will give you my secret now, Arran. I hope you read this. I really do. ... Here's my secret to why I'm successful with groups and so many people on CIT love and worship my leadership. I sound cocky, but you should see it. Well, it's not easy. I really work for it. I give myself 100%. I control my temper and I make content for my members. I make sure that not a single day goes by without turfing. Turfing is ESSENTIAL for a criminal group to keep members happy. Members go nuts if the group doesnt turf. Even if they love the group. They start talking in group chat about turfing and they start leaving if u dont turf for a while. Another ingredient to successful groups is socializing with the members. I talk with them and I stay close to them. I tell them what I think and I listen to them. We have meetings and I often ask them for help with things. So so far turfing+social interaction. Keep that in mind when you think about successful criminal groups and how to get more of them.

But the real secret... and here it is. The real secret to having a crack group is tolerance and being willing to put up with A LOT of bullshit. People making fails and other crap that drives some leaders absolutely NUTS! You can ask Brian. He will say that I am accepting rulebreakers. It's not true. I simply tolerate their fails and persistently remind them and try to influence them to stop failing and to respect my limits (or server's rules) when they cross them. Most players fall in line, but 10% are idiots and I interact with them as little as possible.

Why am I telling you this? Because Brian and the people dealing with this IMPORTANT ASPECT OF CIT (THE GROUP SYSTEM) need to deal with a lot of bullshit questions, silly requests, etc.. And if you want a successful server, then you will get patient and tolerant people to really make this area start to thrive. I think Brian was that type of person. I think he still is, but he complains a lot more than he probably used to because he is stressed. I see him still working hard and still interacting with people, but it comes at a high price. And now he has stalled because BVT is closed. You can't ask for a custom title either and he's posting angry posts sometimes due to being stressed and annoyed. He needs help and he needs to work with other people because this aspect of CIT is so important for all groups. There needs to be more stuff for groups and then more groups will be big and active because it becomes easier to be a group.

I will tell you why I think most groups go inactive or fail. They start really well and then suddenly some members leave the group and leave their friends behind. The boss and staff of that group considered those people friends or important members to be active and able to do something (like turfing or trainings). But these people left and he has to find new people. Well its tiring and really depressing to keep finding replacements for people that left. Eventually you will simply delete the group or give up recruiting more and slowly become smaller and more inactive until the group fails.

Well, people leaving is a part of the reality, but as a server developer you could make more features for groups to allow group bosses and staff to create content or just give content to the players directly in those groups. This would make less people leave their group because they aren't bored. This would keep more group bosses and staff active and they would have healthy groups that let people socialize and play CIT.

The problem is that groups require custom stuff that is high in maintenance. It's not just an automated script. You need to constantly put up with requests, applications and fails. But that's the price to pay if you want more success. It requires more work and tolerance. That's why Brian can't do it alone. .. Well, I remember when I applied for a squad subboard and nobody answered my application (and 7 other squads) for 17 days. CIT Casual didnt have time. CIT Xb0x said that squads are useless and he didnt care. CIT Brian said that he was doing everything related to groups and he just couldn't have time to do squads as well. THe other lvl 5 admins would have to step up. .. Well the other admins didnt do anything and Brian finally did all of the applications. This is not good.

I also have a small thing to suggest. Make car spawners in bases accessible by anyone and not just the group. That way you can make driving trainings and allies can properly share bases.

So to sum it up, you need to create more perks and make some more easily achieved for groups to encourage and help group life on CIT. And you need to force more staff to help Brian to deal with all the stupid people. Because dealing with stupid people is neccesary if you want to be successful. That's the big secret of my group and squad leadership. Stupid people aren't really stupid. THey're nice people, sometimes naive, sometimes simple.. sometimes annoying! But, really.. They just need some time to develop and fall in place. They need to be motivated and start to understand and believe. That takes time, explanations (information) and tolerance. You remove and block the 10% total idiots and work with the other 90%. It's like looking for oil.. Do you drill only in the easy places or will you work hard to get oil from hard places too? How far will you go to engage CIT players in applying for a base and the perks? Will you answer 10 stupid questions or 20? Will you offer 5 cool perks or 10? .. Obviously answering 20 questions and offering 10 perks will give you better results and that might be what you're looking for if you want to make people more happy and motivated. .. It will require more work from very trusted staff who might be fed up with all the bullshit already. But okay.. THat's the price because CIT has a lot of stupid people and that will never change. So you either deal with it and make peace with it. Make the best of it or you don't! And really.. Not doing it is the same as giving up and only being mediocre. Right now the group CAMORRA is mediocre because they gave up and they are content. They only drill for "easy oil" and dont care about members that much. Fine, they can do it. Their recruitment is huge because they are official. But my group is not official and I will do whatever it takes to be great. I did all that when I was in CAMORRA too. I wasn't content and I made CAMORRA into the strongest group on CIT until other staff and bosses started moving around because "things were changing too much" and I was accepting "rulebreakers".. Well, its a matter of perspective but the facts speak for themselves. I made the strongest group on CIT and revived CAMORRA in a sense. We went from being killed to killing and that was fun for everyone involved. Old CAMORRA bosses started to come online and get curious about the healthy roster.

I say improve the group system, assign more staff and give more perks. Answer more stupid questions and accept more low quality applications and you might be surprised. Work harder on the other end to remove the bad groups and decrease their perks when they do bad. It will mean more work in the end, but you need to manage this aspect of CIT more if u want success. Bite the sour apple and get to work, I say!

.. And if u dont care about what I said.. then ok. Whatever. Be mediocre. Mediocre CIT is to me still fantastic. I'm playing it am I not?

Just thought I would help with my perspective...

/Peace

ps: Brian, sorry if I said your name too much in here. You know I like you and appreciate your work, all you have done and will do. I also think I understand some of your problems and dillemmas. I might be wrong in your eyes about some of the things I've said, but you're a CIT lvl 5 staff and I'm a player. We have to feel different about things. We both have an opinion about what's best for the server and the groups. You think you're right, I think I'm right. It's definitely somewhere in the middle. But I can tell you for SURE that you're not 100% right or I wouldn't have written this huge ass wall of text. You have flaws as I have flaws too... You're tired and I might be tolerating too many idiots.

K, cya. Arran, I hope you get some more reviews. Really awesome initiative here. You're a champion.

IVAN

« Last Edit: 05 08, 2014, 08:27:04 am by ZtyX »

Offline Zoryth

• Donator L1
  • The Monster
  • Ingame: Zoryth
  • Squad: Umbrella Co.
« Reply #38 on: 05 08, 2014, 09:11:04 am »
I didn't read all the previous post, too many words lol But I can see bases are mentioned so this is what I think about it:

To have a base, you need to have a subboard for 2 months. As more time passes, the requirements for getting a subboard are getting higher and higher. It was needed for a criminal group to be 3 months old long time ago, then switched to 4 and then 5. Number of active members also raised to 45 now. Then after you get your subboard (which can be denied by the way). You have to wait 2 months more to have a base and more and more months to have health marker and car spawners. Also price raised as well, it was 5 million, then 8 million and then 20 million, which is super expensive.

Then its easy right? just meet all the requirements, EARN that base. But whats what I see for more than a month now? Applies for criminal subboard are CLOSED. And Base Verification Team DELETED. So actually new gangs have no chance to grow now. All the players want a base, all want car spawners, the few that stay in a group being loyal do so because they expect eventually that group will get a base.

The old groups have all the advantages. A good player would choose to join camorra or hobos or sam, or any of these old groups with those great perks. There is no space for new gangs. There can be of course, and they are created everyday, and some show great potential. But they have no chance as members eventually would want to go to the ones with these perks.

So how will the game be? an eternal game between the very first gangs created in the server. With official status, bases etc etc. Doesn't matter how old a gang created now will get they will never get the same perks as those other gangs. I lost all hope in my own gang (XIII), we were 4 months old but I decided to go to an older gang who already has subboard.

What about?

*Reopening subboard requests (for criminals) and Base requests, and lowering all requirements because lets be honest, they are ridiculous. (there is a lot of admins... I myself would take care of it as I do have time if I was accepted as one).
*Deleting all bases as its really unfair for new gangs to compete with older gangs. ("pff then get old yourself, get subboard, get base pff"... can't do no more).
When the Devil is too busy. And Death's a bit too much. They call on me by name you see, for my special touch. To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune. To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize. But call me by any name. Any way it's all the same.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: 05 08, 2014, 12:05:40 pm »
New groups could have built bases in CITy and used them, but they didn't.

Laskan13

« Reply #40 on: 05 08, 2014, 12:30:03 pm »

yep, but like the guy said above BVT was open then. and if you had a base there, what could you do there? read the big letters like this what I said about making new cities.

Hello!

first of all thank you for opening this topic, it will be very great to let other poeple suggest things. I also wanted to sugest somethings. but before I will start about the problems:

I will first start about "fun" in this game ( just the guy what he said above ). but it looks like you first need to do boring jobs to have fun for poor guys, and rich guys just do what they want and are bored. the most thing that poeple call fun is CnR and Turfing. no wonder it is, because it is about fighting against others with group. but what about karting? or even paintball? paintball is also fighting but why do they not join? a answer for that would be because you only spent money in it but dont earn anything back if you win something. and so my first suggestion would be:

1: by paintball and kart-racing you must earn some money if you win like the race, and expand it in more places and not only SF, place it in LS and other places and put new tracks and new fields

and now about the cops. maybe you heard already it, KS KS and KS and KS KS KSKSSKSKSKSKSK! sometimes I think: O GOD PLS STOP THIS. no wonder, every cop hates a noob calling KS, and they dont only say SK sometimes, they spam the whole chat!  :fp: make it fair for cops if they kill some one! make it who dealt the most damage get the money or divide it like:
cop1: 50% damage
cop2:20% damage
cop3: 30% damage

so cop1 get 50% of the money and cop2 20% and cop3 30%, make it like this, maybe this will help the KS and the all. you should maybe also add this in criminal events!

2: make it more fair for cops if they catch or kill a crime

and so we were talking about CnR and Turf was the most thing that was fun in this server. yes , ofcourse it is. as I said before its about fighting that is why, so why should you not make a new thing? also about fighting. what about making a new game called: The Battle of the Flag. ( I just made this up in some sec maybe poeple have more ideas ) you must script that in a place in the desert maybe would be war like a real war in RL, one shot of sniper= dead. one shot of Spaz-12 in close combat= dead. make it something like that and that poeple are like in red and blue team fighting for 3 flags. like I want to join the war and the system put my in a fair team so not one team is overpower or underpowerd. then youre fighting like in real life. headshots means youre dead. maybe this game will need more tactic because it is like real war, and maybe you also should disable player blips if youre playing it. and for reward if you kill some one you earn money or drugs or items.

so what ever that is what I made up. so second suggestion:

3: add a new game that is about fighting. and earn money or things with it.

the civilian life now, boring way to be rich, this side of CIT2 really need improves, poeple only do that to get money and to do the "fun" things. I suggest here a new system. a system like buisniss. you start a buisniss group, you buy a house to admin in it. then you like maybe buy some trucks. and then you ask poeple to work for you and give them that truck and tell them to deliver this thing to here and the driver earns 25% of the money. and so like iron mining buisniss is started. they buy iron, buy a trailer, ask the delivery buisniss to deliver this delivery to the city to earn money, so the ironmining buisniss pays the delivery buisniss like 20K and the driver gets 5K and the delivery buisniss gets 15K and the iron mining buisniss sell it for 40K and pays 20K for the delivery. so I suggest a whole new system for this.

4: add a whole new system to start a buisniss and make it so poeple can work for the buisniss.

now we all know that the mods replace the cars and its kinda annoying when you have got a Mercedes Benz E63 AMG but some poeple see a useless Elegant. so I suggest that we ADD cars instead of REPLACE, this site might help the staff:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=399977
so we now can add cars in place of replace it and add usefull trucks and more vehicles. we can also like that the a buisniss make the cars by buyign iron and all electronics and build the car and ask again a delivery buisniss to bring it to the dealers and the dealers buy the car and sell it to poeple.

5: make it able to ADD cars.

and now atleast, as far as I know, the staff team was trying many times to make a new city, but it was uselles, nobody ever used it. and I know why. you should think carefully, what does teh most players on the server are in the cities? because of work! because of CnR! because of Turfing! you should make a new countryside where liek you can buy ground and start buisniss. and add houses so crism can rob it! and make a new PD for cops to work there! and maybe new place to Turf! when making a new map it must be realistic! and it should have jobs there! it must have everything liek what LS or SF or LV have! so that is the mistake the Staff make everytime!

6: add a new City like SF or LS or LV ( LS and SF can be together )

so I hope I did something and helped improving this server and thank you for your time if you were reading this. and sorry for my english!

regards,
Ahmed Laskan
Colonel in Police Assistance Team [PAT]

PS: I did not write a suggestion about the crim side because I Self dont know how it is as a crime, I am a cop so I let teh crims suggest for them self ;)

Offline KillerOz

• Junior Community Member
  • CIT's Banana
  • Group: U.S. Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: KillerOz#USNS
« Reply #41 on: 05 08, 2014, 12:35:21 pm »
Actually, CITy caused huge FPS drop, how would people use it ?
I was thinking about adding "like a BVT" but that actually accepts small and simple bases or interiors from new groups, and for a small payment.
Or maybe to avoid wasting time, the responsible of that system will have some predefined bases and interiors (some for cops, some for crims, and some for civilians), and will allow the applying group to chose, with a small price of like 2m .
« Last Edit: 05 08, 2014, 01:26:56 pm by KillerOz »

No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #42 on: 05 08, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »
Doesn't work. Makes it worse. Fvck off a$$hole. See how easy it is to get around "censoring words"?
I thought of that too. But what I was trying to tell is 'suppressing the exposure'. Censoring the common swearings so people here at least know that what they're trying to say, if censored, is whether bad and/or inappropriate. There's a huge difference between youngster and adult in understanding and adapting profanity to their conversations. Ever wondered why there are some appeals that say 'I didnt know it was a flame'? What if they really don't know what they're saying? What if they're actually just a 11-year-old children who heard the word from people around them and too young to understand what's that even mean? Or the question/statement like: Admins use the word 'F**k' everyday in everything, why do I get a ban when I say the same thing!? It's biased blabla..

I know 'censoring words' ain't gonna be 'perfect', but it would actually work effectively. Just like the SMF's default Censored Words feature and see.. I think the forum is much more peaceful than the in-game chats. Not all because of the censoring, but at least it takes part.

If anybody would try tricking the 'censor' just like that 'Fvck off a$$hole' then they are pretty determined to flame. It's where rules should do their job.
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #43 on: 05 08, 2014, 03:37:42 pm »
  The game is for only players who are 18 years old or older. So if you are playing the game while you are not 18 or higher, then it's on your own risk that you hear some flames from the players around you.
You'll be surprised knowing how much under 18 watches porn. Can we say "it's your own risk"? No. It's not the youngster fault, but the parents who can't control them or simply don't care. That's the same logic. We can try to control them creating 'a less swearing environment', but just chose not to. Also, can you imagine if CIT is really +18 years only? 100/1400 players count or less? :P

So the child that doesn't know what the word means just starts saying it ?
That's exactly what young people do. They copy. If people around them stated that it's okay to say that, then there would be no reason for them to not saying that too.

No. It looks like that but it isn't. In-game admins can't delete the line which was written by the flamer / provoker, but on forum, the post which contains flames, provokes, insults can be easily deleted, that's why forum looks way more cleaner, and way more peaceful.
You're right. Sadly, we can't apply that in-game. The censoring words feature on forum which I think only takes a part of creating more peaceful environment is yet to be the most effective way to apply to the in-game conversations, because those are mostly real-time conversations.

Anyway just my opinions, not that I'm forcing them.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: 05 08, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »
You're all getting off topic. This topic is meant for reviews so unless you're posting your review don't post.