Author Topic: Game Review  (Read 28534 times)

OneDirection

Re: Game Review
« Reply #75 on: 16 08, 2014, 11:35:11 pm »
And your proposed solutions are?

Solutions:
       1.)  Job Payments! Nobody likes working. Some do, but 95% don't. While playing I noticed there was an average of about 58% criminals, 18% Civilian. It's obvious why players would hate working. Either job is extremely repetitive or the payment is extremely low. Like I said earlier it takes a very long time to make decent amount of cash. Leveling up your job also is a very long process. I would put this in spoilers but I can't see them.

NOTE: This was using vip hours, the total amount would be 20% less. Sorry forgot about that 20% thing.

Job: Farmer
                Level: 5
                Time to grow/harvest crops: 6 minutes and 33 seconds
                Amount Earned: $7,138
                Seeds Cost: 50 * 50 = $2,500
                Profit: $4,638
        Proof: http://i.imgur.com/K4qksUC.png

Job: Waste Collector
                Level: L1
                Cash Per Collect: $264
                Cash Earned: $7,392 (Trying to match farmer)
                Time Taken: 12 minutes and 4 seconds
                Vehicle Costs: $5000
                Profit: $2392
        Proof: http://i.imgur.com/fzLH681.png - Clearly the F1 page needs updating. Also takes an unusual amount of time to open, feels like its not responding at times. Possibly due to an abundance of topics.

As you can see at level 5 I am making a total profit of $4,638. Not only that the job requires me to afk for ~ 6 minutes. Do you see an issue already? Within that time frame, players aren't really playing. Trash collector at first was sort of fun, but after a few minutes I got bored again. Same with farmer, it just becomes a repetitive issue. Since its 2 am, I am going to post my ideas for that after I sleep. Now my issue with money continues, like I said, that is not much is it? Here is some math for you,

At my current rate at farmer, if I continue my actions completely.

60/6.33 = 9.478 - We take that and get - 60 = hour/minutes, 6.33 = minutes and seconds
4638 * 9.478 = $43,962.085

Total cash: $43,962.085

My initial estimate was wrong, but.. as I was exaggerating because it is so boring. You might think $67,658 is a lot? Well I don't think it is. Don't forget that these results are only in effect if you do nothing but farm. So it probably is a lot less than it is. But here this is an issue, because it's quite boring to sit for an hour to only see your money bounce up 67 grand. This money can be spent in a matter of seconds, whether its to buy ammo, explosives, jail fine, car, vip hours. Oh I also forgot to mention that this is L5***, so imagine being a new player starting at L0 with hardly any money. All i'm essentially saying is that jobs need increase in pay! I asked one of my friends about this and he said "L0 should be payed L10" and so on, but I think that is a bit much.

2.) Some players show their friends this server, but my main problem is that you can't exactly help your friend out. When my cousin finally came back and had to create a new account, he wanted to join me in my activities. But he couldn't because I couldn't send him any money for anything. Yea it was disabled due to exploiting/abusing but still 72 hours till I can send him any money is a bit much. I think that you should consider lowering this so that friends can help them out with cash or something like that.

3.) Job balance/Useless jobs: A possible solution to new players is that, its quite overwhelming on what you specifically need to get started. After going around testing jobs out, farmer, waste collector, I found that there is an abundance amount of jobs. Many of the jobs are useless and nobody ever uses them. Taxi/Limo driver aren't they the same? Same with hooker? May be funny job but still kinda useless. Now on to job balance, some jobs pay more than others. But I thought of a simple solution that can sort of fix the problem.

Step 1.) Set a goal on how much money you want to make.
Step 2.) Time yourself till you reach that goal
Step 3.) Figure out an average between each job so that it makes around the same money as each other.

Example:
There are 2 jobs. Job 1, and Job 2
Job 1 and Job 2 have a balance issue, Job 1 makes more money than Job 2
I set a goal for 100k on Job 2 and Job 1
I find an average amount of payment I can set each job so that they essentially pay the same amount at the same time. Thus fixing most of problems. However this seems like quite a process as I noticed that there are multiple levels.

This is it for now.
« Last Edit: 17 08, 2014, 08:23:36 pm by Arez »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #76 on: 18 08, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »
@ #1: Newbies might need a pay increase, but high levels, no. But increasing pay does not solve the problem that they're boring. Civilian jobs will always be 'boring' and like you said "58% criminals, 18% Civilian" so why waste time improving civilian when we could improve criminal?

@ #2: Done. "- Lowered the not being able to receive money limit from 72 to 24 hours and made it so they can receive up to $250,000 before they have 24 hours of play time. (Arran)"

@ #3: We tried to balance them before, I don't know why they're not balanced any more. Really civilian jobs are just a waste of time and we should focus on improving the CnR.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Zoryth

• Donator L1
  • The Monster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Zoryth
  • Squad: Umbrella Co.
« Reply #77 on: 19 08, 2014, 07:23:01 am »
Really civilian jobs are just a waste of time and we should focus on improving the CnR.

This ^

I have been thinking on that a LOT. If people want to make money they must go civilian even if they don't like it. Yes, cops and crims both have ways of making money, but civilian jobs are the ones that give the most.

Why having to "work" ingame, spending hours and hours of gameplay to be able to actually play the game? And with that I mean CnR or MW (Mafia Wars). I have tought of many solutions but all have their flaws:

• Making money irrelevant.

Why do we need money? To buy weapons, to buy ammo, to buy medkits, to buy drugs, to buy cars and to buy houses, to pay a guy to /dancefour in front of us or /stripnine if you really horny, etc etc. It has it uses but imagine for one moment the following scenario:

Money doesn't exists. You need ammo, just do /ammo and refill it free. You need a car? go to the car shops to get any car you want totally free! So you would never have to work for money. Criminals can kill cops all day long, cops can get criminals all day long. Criminals can go turf to get recognition and because its super fun. Most gangs don't really care about the turfing money anyways, I don't, I turf because its fun.

So, what about the civilians? we need mechanics right? will medics "heal for fun"?... well I'm a L10 medic with 1.2m heal points and none of those heals was for fun ;) they would help in LV tough like today. without civilians the game would feel much different, almost like a random deathmatching server, and man those are boring as hell.
  • Money still relevant but Cops and Crims are the way to get it.

Increase the payment of all criminal activities. 2.5k for robbing store? make it 20k. 4k for killing a cop in a CnR event? make it 20k. Killing a cop gives you the same ammount as playtime hours he has? make it 5k always. Robbing atm, illegal trucking, illegal boating, make them all give bigger ammounts as what they give today. So criminals will actually WORK as criminals. Just imagine a real life bank robber having to work as farmer some week to get money... doesn't make sense. Have much more ways to get wanted also. Balancing criminal with cops would be increasing cop payment for arresting by 5.

Instead of having to go work as iron miner 3 hours to get money, you would do what you like and be payed for it, the server would be much more fun.

Whats the flaws? same as first... civilians are a very important role in the server, mechanics, medics. The server would totally feel different without them. (Though I must admit mechanics gets in my nerves some times... blockers plus fixing my car when im in the middle of a fight.. but I like them).
  • Balance.-

We need a way to balance everything. we need a way so everyone enjoys the game and they don't get bored ever. We need a way criminals and cops can get money without having to turn civilian unwillingly, but still have people who actually want to be civilians and get payed well. We need news reporter and mechanics driving infernus and criminals spamming nades like there is no tomorrow, without thinking "oh my I will have to work as civilian many hours to buy again :("

How?

Take my point from the previous idea. Make more criminal activities and way to get wanted. Increase all cop and criminal payments. But! this is the best part. Make it balanced with civilian side. So A cop, a Criminal and a Civilian make around the same money. Tricky, needs a lot of testing. (so for example, robbing stores + killing cops gives you the same as being farmer, and thats the same as taking photos as news reporter, or catching crims, or fixing cars, or illegal trucking etc etc etc). All the things are the same money, people will do what they like and only what they like, they will never go do something they don't like because its the better way to get money.
When the Devil is too busy. And Death's a bit too much. They call on me by name you see, for my special touch. To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune. To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize. But call me by any name. Any way it's all the same.

Offline Phille

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Phille
« Reply #78 on: 19 08, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »
Civilian jobs will always be 'boring' and like you said "58% criminals, 18% Civilian" so why waste time improving civilian when we could improve criminal?

Wouldn't that be the point of improving the civilian side; to make it more interesting? I'm not talking about payment raises or quicker increasing in level, but to expand some jobs to be more fun to play instead of routine all over.

Why having to "work" ingame, spending hours and hours of gameplay to be able to actually play the game? And with that I mean CnR or MW (Mafia Wars). I have tought of many solutions but all have their flaws:

Civilians are part of the game too. It's not all about CnR and mafia wars, although it feels like it sometimes. The civilian side is neglected and deserves more attention than it gets. Why? Because of its potential. Criminals and cops have one objective: to kill each other. Sure it is fun and I used to do a lot too until I tried to play as civilian, where I figured out how fun it was to play as civilian, because no matter what criminal activity you attend or do it's about killing at some point, but civilians can have hundreds of different objectives and things to do, yet they don't, so after playing most of the civilian jobs through, it eventually gets boring because of the routine all over. Like I've mentioned in my own review; most of what this server consists of is doing one thing over and over again. There are no "what's going to happen next" moments and that's what is boring about all three sides in general, but especially the civilian side.

Another thing I'd like to add to this post is I think that you, Arran, should concoct a team of developers. I'm not trying to belittle your work, neither trying to act like a mother, but am just suggesting that you get someone to help you with bug fixes and development of approved suggestions, because a community of CIT's size should have a team of developers in my opinion.
I'm suggesting this based on what I know and how I see things though, so I have no idea whether you prefer to do the work by yourself or if the amount of things to be scripted/fixed is bearable for you. 

Thainomian

« Reply #79 on: 21 08, 2014, 12:55:14 am »
Quote from: Arran
For example there's a suggestion to allow you to cancel making drugs with a drug lab and the suggestion makes sense but what if all it does is cover over a bigger problem? What if what we really need is a whole new drug creation system? Why does nobody ever suggest that? Why does nobody ever suggest actual changes to the server?

I've been writing up my idea for a drug system, and one of the ideas I had was using the Camper/RV/Motor-Home to create drugs, Breaking Bad style. One of the ideas I had for that idea (...) was that you buy it and then you don't have to pay for materials/costs. I was also thinking for that version, it takes longer to create the drugs because you are in something that moves... Or something like that. I am not really sure and I have just been working on my ideas for it. I'm not very sure so t'would be nice if somebody "reviewed" this one idea while I'm working on more.

darkkiller616

« Reply #80 on: 25 08, 2014, 07:09:32 am »
Dose any new player ever have any trouble joining a semi large group? Because I certainly do! It's like every group requires you to spend like 100+ hours grinding kills/turf. It's kind of hard to turf when your stuck in small groups  while getting completely destroyed by CIT vets. Most of the people ask me to apply in the forums, honestly I'm not to fond  of the idea of it being required to experience everything CIT has to offer. Sorry to rant but it's kind of overwhelming for newer players to even start playing CIT. I've only managed to join one decent group and let me tell you that was the most fun I've ever had on this server, unfortunately the group eventually became inactive  and haven't be abel to join a group ever since. Perhaps if the community were to changed it's grouping standards it may convince newer players to actual revisit the server. I've been playing for like 75 hours and I still feel unwelcome every time to login.

Cops should also have tools to disable vehicles, it seams like cops only target criminals on foot.

Also it would be pretty awesome there were massive heist for criminal groups to partaken in. Before you could even attempt it your group would have to like prepare (buying ammo,cars,plains,etc) the hiest would need to be difficult and require unique solutions to complete or prevent them.

I feel like if the grouping system were to be reworked, in favor of helping newer players easily join groups this would encourage  more larger scaled group activities would happen more often. Hopefully that will help newer players feel more welcome. 
« Last Edit: 25 08, 2014, 07:15:36 am by darkkiller616 »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: 25 08, 2014, 01:16:55 pm »
I feel like if the grouping system were to be reworked, in favor of helping newer players easily join groups this would encourage  more larger scaled group activities would happen more often. Hopefully that will help newer players feel more welcome.

Any ideas on how? If groups have high joining standards I can't change that. You're best making a group with basic joining standards.

darkkiller616

« Reply #82 on: 25 08, 2014, 02:03:21 pm »
Perhaps add open groups allowing everyone to join. Also try removing the stats most groups seem to only care about numbers and not the actually skill of the player. (Even if change is't permanent, I'm kind of wounding how the community would adapt to such changes)
I post more if any other ideas come to mind.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: 25 08, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »
Perhaps add open groups allowing everyone to join. Also try removing the stats most groups seem to only care about numbers and not the actually skill of the player. (Even if change is't permanent, I'm kind of wounding how the community would adapt to such changes)

"open groups" isn't very specific.

Offline KerimChan

• Senior Community Member
  • If you don't think money can buy happiness, gimme
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-N|KerimChan
  • Squad: Speed
« Reply #84 on: 25 08, 2014, 02:22:11 pm »
About the civilian jobs you guys were discussing, I'm sorry, but I don't think it needs some changes.

Yes, it's boring for the most of the players, but not for some people, because they talk, for example, in teamchat, FMSG, group, alliance chat, etc... Just like me, to kill time while working. (I'm L10 lumberjack by the way, chopped 93,000+ trees in total.) But the benefit of those jobs is that they would give you a load of money if you work non-stop and reach high levels. And money is still not useless, like the Rustler that costs 4 million dollars. Oh, and the only job that isn't boring for me, but doesn't make much money, is mechanic job. It's the job that is never the same, the customers are real, the locations are everywhere. Everytime you fix their vehicles, they always say "Thank you very much! <3" or something, that's exactly the opposite of being a cop arresting crims. And sometimes, really sometimes, they give you a lots of money as a bonus for fixing their vehicles.

If you want to make civilian jobs less boring, then why not try to think about an another job that can be added to that server, which isn't too hard to make for the scripters?

Marouane

« Reply #85 on: 25 08, 2014, 05:58:50 pm »

Well, there are groups that require very low "stats" for membership. Though, from my perspective, I think advising group leaders about launching some sort of "newbie Academy" where leaders recruit, for example, 1 or 2 of the new CIT players each week and help them get to know people and tell them how to do stuff and so on. Personally, I've done so with my group and the results were amazing.

I wonder if anyone read this: My review. I introduced some decent improvement suggestions to the current system. Some of them have been fully or partially implemented, but it's still full of nice ideas imo.

mohmad303

« Reply #86 on: 26 08, 2014, 10:32:55 am »
 I actually prefer playing CIT than other games that cost many million dollars to make. .. I agree that marketing is useful and good, but you're going too far when saying that we don't need more features.

Offline Aimcac

• Donator L1
  • Gone.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Aimcac
« Reply #87 on: 26 08, 2014, 02:18:28 pm »
Well uhm this isn't really a review but when I saw Phille writing that most jobs and ways of making money are super repetitive and the only fun you can have is with your friends/groupmates/squads and such, I came up with the idea of modifications by players.
What does this mean? :o:
Basically, ever since the car tuning script was added it has always been a marvel for everyone, people became devoted car tuners in return for cash and the thing is the freedom to create anything you like is what brings fun. So lemme start

1.Weapons::
So I came up with this idea of being able to tune your weapons under different categories like car tuning
1. Rate of fire
2. Weight of gun
3. Accuracy
4. Rounds per magazine ( Adds up to the weight of the gun)
5. Size of round

Each modification to each category clashes with the other so you would have to balance all of them of just leave it default, this will bring fun  into the system and people will begin to sell tuned guns and such, you can make your own weapon for the environment you operate in  and for specific missions.

2.Drugs:
Basically the drug system has always been the same but it isn't like that in real life, so what am I talking about?
I mean the ability to blend your drugs into  1 new drug,name it and sell it on F7.

Example: 1 hit of god+ 3 heroin+speed= Cocaine ( You can choose a name for it yourself) you may then set the price and sell it on F7, the script will balance the power of the god,heroin and speed and maybe choose a random ability due to the nature of drugs chosen like the Cocaine drug will give you 150 Armour+40% Less damage from guns, it all depends on what you want to make, new drugs can be made and sold on F7 but I don't know if that is scriptable though.

Those are just a few examples of what I mean in the sense of freedom in modifying your game to your taste.

Improved Trade System
The current F7 system is super unrealistic and here are some improvements:

1.Markets/Shops So basically this will be quite similar to the current house system, a shop is a place where you're goods can be sold for profit, players can visit your shop and check the prices of your goods, you can sell everything from items to tuned cars/guns. Shops will be placed similar to the house system in interiors around SA, you may buy a shop but the prices vary due to location liike a shop in downtown LS will cost around 30-40 million due to its massive player count and a shop in fort carson 50-100k for obvious reasons.
                              Markets will be set up in specific locations, you will have the ability to rent a shop at the market for 1 hour, the prices vary on location as I said before.

2.Removal of F7 Highly on realistic, promotes laziness and for roleplay reasons.

Chat system Improvement
The current chat system is good though but a little improvement will go a long way, what am I talking about? The F9 system, in this system you can only join 1 chatroom at a time, chatrooms are very important in any game as it promotes communication, so basically someone wants to have a business chatroom, a squad staff chatroom, a police chief chatroom and such but it isn't possible because you are allowed 1 at a time.
       So the improvement needed in this system is the ability to join as many chatrooms as possible, the current command to chat in your chatroom is /room, the improved verson will be /room1, /room2 and so on, also a space should be added in F9 showing all the chatrooms you are in and  their numerical order( The first one you joined will be /room1, second one /room2 and so on)

Cop VS Criminals and the death of roleplay in CnR
I'm not really gonna explain CnR and all its features, I will point at the improvements needed in this system:

1.Criminals armed with weapons will get a wanted level Clearly stated. In real life you get wanted for being equipped with a firearm but only if you don't have a permit or something, criminals obviously don't so that's why.

2.People with less than 30 WL cannot shoot nor be shot Basically if you have such a low wanted level why would you want to kill police officers? In real life you flee from cops not attack them, less DM

3.New Emergency chat system and 911 The current emergency chat lacks a few things, its like a radio and a radio has different frequencies right? So i'm suggesting 3 frequencies for the E Chat,
   -911 This is the frequency in which civilians may call for police assistance
    -991 This is the frequency in which medics and cops may communicate in times of emergencies and riots
      -Default E chat, 999 This is the frequency in which cops communicate with one another.

4.Cops equipped with pepper spray Basically, the spray can is unused and I came up with this idea of pepper spray. In real life cops are always overppowered but in CIT its 20 criminals to a Cop so we obviously need assistance and more equipment.

----What does it do? The spray can when released will have the default effect caused by a spray can in the Orginal GTA SA, the coughing animation will take place. You lose 2 HP per second also.

5.Police chiefs and dispatchers When a robbery takes place, the dispathcer bot/script announces it to cops that a robbery is taking place at X place, Y criminals spotted. Basically police chiefs will have the ability to control the dispatcher, the command will be /dis.
Example: /dis A riot is in place at GG Bar, 30 criminals spotted.

I don't really have much to say but all these just came to my head, they may be really stupid but think deep on it.
Regads
Aimcac
Retired BTP Chief (2014-2017)
Retired Tactical Squad Commander(2013-2017)

Sliman345

« Reply #88 on: 28 08, 2014, 11:40:03 am »
hey, my idea:
Most of the time someone failed and we never even reached CITy before getting jailed. But other times we managed to do that and it was awesome fun to hide in the CITy base and fight all the cops that came at us. But CITy is so far away that criminals can't really do anything except wait for cops to come to us. Sometimes we were laying in a bed, /lean smoking or talking and laughin

Offline Pato

• The ReNeGaDeS Founder
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: |TR|Pato
« Reply #89 on: 29 08, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »

Any ideas on how? If groups have high joining standards I can't change that. You're best making a group with basic joining standards.

How about making IG Applications? some members have troubles with the forum thats why sometimes they cant apply.
[14.09.2012] The ReNeGaDeS group has been created
[22.10.2014] The ReNeGaDeS promoted to L1 Official group (Official groups + Staff)
[02.05.2016] The ReNeGaDeS assigned to L8 Official Group (Staffs)
[07.12.2020] The ReNeGaDeS promoted to L9 group
Ex Head Criminal Boss
Ex Minister of Groups And Squads
Ex Punishment Appeals Manager