Author Topic: [++] [Arran] A more consistent wl star level  (Read 2761 times)

Offline StarKid

• Races Won: 3,338.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: StarKid
  • Squad: Akatsuki/HoldOn
[++] [Arran] A more consistent wl star level
« on: 05 10, 2020, 05:59:44 pm »
Which criteria your suggestion meets:
1-Increase entertainment. (adds a trustworthy roleplay factor)
2-Beneficial to new players. (the star system will be less confusing and more intuitive)

When robbing a store twice, even without shooting someone or an officer, criminals already contract 4 wanted stars.
There is a big gap between becoming 6 stars (level where you are hunted by hydras and rhinos in the canon game)
and becoming an APB of approximately 900wl.

The Suggestion:
My suggestion is to make the system more feasible by changing the stars to more tangible levels:

0-90wl --- 1 star

90-200wl --- 2 stars

200-400wl --- 3 stars

400-600wl --- 4 stars

600-800wl --- 5 stars

800wl --- 1000 6 stars

1000+wl --- APB (unchanged)

the fact that I became 6 stars so easily always pissed me off.
Especially when I started playing CIT.

Previous edit: Vampire added [Arran] in the topic title.
« Last Edit: 14 10, 2020, 01:11:57 pm by Diamond »
🅲🅸🆃 🆆🅸🅻🅻 🅾🅽🅻🆈 🆂🆄🆁🆅🅸🆅🅴 🅸🅵 🅸🆃 🆄🅽🅳🅾🅴🆂 🅿🅰🆂🆃 🅼🅸🆂🆃🅰🅺🅴🆂

Offline Barcode

• Senior Community Member
  • There is a first time for everything
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Avida Company
  • Ingame: Barcode
  • Squad: The_Society
Re: A more consistent wl star level
« Reply #1 on: 05 10, 2020, 06:41:51 pm »
Hello Starshine,
In CIT, this suggestion will be more logical and its beneficial for police officer system in F5. This should be added because as you said players can earn easily 6 stars and this is not good to play. Imo its harmless and will be nice. My vote is positive.

Offline Compl3x

• me name is sakan igadik
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 05 10, 2020, 06:45:54 pm »
I like the idea for a fact, which is - when we use default HUD ingame, we dont see our WL there, only the stars which are visible. Changing the Star System to Milestones will be great. And people might not even have time to do /wl and check  their wl. So voting Positive as we can actually see what milestone we crossed, and easier to figure out your WL.
Ex CEM
Ex SCM
Ex Staff
Ex Adm.
Ex Country Supporter
GOD

Offline PetroSailor

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 05 10, 2020, 07:09:17 pm »
This is something that’s bothered me for years. And anything that can bring more RP to the server I am always in favor for. I think your proposal is great, and the given numbers sound relatively accurate, and definitely more accurate and realistic than the current system. I’m in favor of this.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #4 on: 05 10, 2020, 07:21:29 pm »
Positive
I think I have already suggested this in 2013 or so, and I have no idea why its still a thing that all wanted levels are indistinguishable when some of them are at 200 wp and some at 900wp while having the same number of stars above thier heads
This just makes the whole concept of stars useless between 990 wp and 200 wp (or whatever minimum wanted level gives you 6 stars)

It also doesnt even feel like an achievement for criminals to reach 4 stars or 5 stars but you just instantly reach 6 stars without any problems and from that point on you just have to grind 800wp in order to reach something that gives you a feeling of having climbed to the "next step", so its also a missed motivational mechanic for the criminal side

Offline TheGam3r23

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: TheGam3r23
« Reply #5 on: 05 10, 2020, 07:41:32 pm »
I have no idea why the stars have been like that for so long but as they are it's impossible to understand your wl if you are using the default San Andreas hud, not taking /wl into consideration. This will help us default hud users since we won't have to be checking /wl every couple of minutes but instead look at the actual stars. Also, in vanilla SA, the more stars the more of a threat you are considered and hence, the bigger police force comes after you and this should be the same in CIT as well. Nice suggestion. Positive
ok lemme explain about kicking thehacker

Offline chaiNNAlAzim07

• New Community Member
  • Ingame: chaiNN07
  • Squad: Impacted
« Reply #6 on: 05 10, 2020, 10:46:03 pm »
I'm supporting your idea since it became so easy to gain 6 stars since years already, I don't know why this isn't suggested years ago and implemented, it doesn't take me a long time to get 6 wanted stars for example, like robbing two stores or killing two cops or something. so your idea is good and will benefit officers as barcode said, so implementing this idea is logical and needed, anyways since it has no harm or any bad effects on the community then my vote is positive for sure.

Online Sleuth

• Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
« Reply #7 on: 06 10, 2020, 01:54:37 am »
This is definitely an interesting suggestion. I have always wondered myself about the idea of how getting 6* in CIT is very easy. Comparing this with GTA SA's Wanted Level system shows that its indeed flawed. When I say that a 6* wanted criminal was taken down at X location it should be something that appears like an achievement for us Cops and not just some regular 200 WL taken down. Every star should have its own weight and that itself would make the "Mark 3* and +" Option on the F5 Police Computer pretty useful and would give Criminals something specific to achieve and be fond of instead of becoming an APB being the only achievement worth mentioning for WL-related matters.

Offline Ahmed?

• Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #8 on: 06 10, 2020, 02:47:33 am »
Positive indeed, I do not know why this was not added before. Indeed, as Dimit said, this was proposed in 2013 and it was not added, but I do not know the reason anyway. This proposal will help both sides and also clarify the concept of wl and will help both sides in that the police want To know who is most needed to be chased and the criminals want to know to be encouraged to reach 6 star. I'm positive because it's a great suggestion.
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 06 10, 2020, 08:11:54 am »
Hello, Good Morning/Evening,

This is a good idea why we should add this kind of suggestion that really gives a realistic roleplay to our CnR games. This really gives entertainment for our beloved players and also cops will determine the crim easier if it already has a big bounty on his head or stars. Good idea! I'm going to vote POSITIVE good luck with the other votes.
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Dhanapal

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Red_Star_Racers
  • Ingame: Arham
  • Squad: NeXuS
« Reply #10 on: 07 10, 2020, 01:22:56 am »
Yes, I think the wanted star system is kind of irregular plus I too think that it will be easier to know what wanted level you are without doing /wl the simple equally divided star system will make more sense. My vote is Positive.

Offline Tommy

• SAS Founder
  • Police Chief
  • Man of Knowledge
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: GMAR-Tommy#SAS
Re: [Arran] A more consistent wl star level
« Reply #11 on: 07 10, 2020, 04:56:10 pm »
I like this idea a lot since nowadays it’s hard to know who has the most wl while 300-100 are all 6 stars. If we have this system added into the game it would be much easier for others who can tell that 6 stars are dangerous/high wanted criminals. Therefore, I’m voting Positive good luck with other votes.
« Last Edit: 07 10, 2020, 05:09:34 pm by Tommy »
”[CIT]Cerberus#SAS: Don't plan too much ahead, because life doesn't always go according to plan.”
- SAS Grand Marshall.
- Former Warchief of San Andreas

Offline VenTePaCaKriz

• Donator L3
  • ♥ dont b afraid to fail be afraid dont to try it ♥
  • Group: |NR|5TH|TR|[GG]
  • Ingame: VentePaCaKriz♡A
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #12 on: 07 10, 2020, 09:00:51 pm »
hello, I really like it  your suggestion , It feels that there is like an order on wanted level on criminals and gangsters,the idea is to identify wanted levels easily ,from wanted lower to wanted upper, reaching apb level ,yeah for criminal side we can easily identify who is the most wanted criminal ,helping him to reach apb level ,it feels good for  law side for a moment , and   it wont  longer be necessary to look at their  f5 panel every 5 minutes, very nice . giving you a positive vote :tick:
    Una existencia es un acto, un cuerpo una ropa, un siglo un dia y la muerte es un aire renovador.

Offline Forager

• Regular Community Member
  • guest61234 ~ 83079
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Forager
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #13 on: 08 10, 2020, 05:50:56 am »
This suggestion is just right for a good change. We cannot identify a player's WL unless for a cop to use F5. Sometimes a player having 6 star seems having a lot of WL which is not and players just get along with it. The suggested change seems conceptualized and balanced for each stars. Since the payment still the same and it was based on WL and not the stars, it will be a good change. If we see a player having 5 or 6 stars, then we can easily know that player is having a lots of WL and must be chased down or something. Unlike the current system, any player can get 6 stars even they have few WL and we don't know their current WL unless we look for F5 or /wl. This addition will be informative for the players not only on cops, but on crim side as well. Positive.
Have Courage and Be Kind <3

Offline iCrazyCat

• Junior Community Member
  • ☠️To Be Or Not To Be☠️
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: iCrazyCat*SWAT
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #14 on: 08 10, 2020, 12:59:45 pm »
That is always quite annoying from both sides I believe. When you are a cop and you fight a 6-star criminal you have the belief that he is 300wl+ but in reality he is 100wl and all the time and resources you spent have gone to waste. I like this suggestion since it will make criminal stars easier to be understood and both sides will know exactly someone WL. To be totally honest I cannot seem to find any disadvantage about this.
 Nothing more to add, it’s a useful suggestion that in my opinion it should be added, voting Positive :tick:
(=^ェ^=)

=^● ⋏ ●^=

05 04, 2020, 06:19:55 pm
Special Weapons and Tactics Team has been accepted!
We want to welcome you to one of the best law groups in CIT and to the SWAT Team family.
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐