Author Topic: Ability to Switch Taxi Missions  (Read 1395 times)

Offline StevieFTW

• SAPD Founder
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Ellis 4L
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: StevieFTW[SAPD]
  • Squad: LLW
Ability to Switch Taxi Missions
« on: 19 01, 2015, 05:37:55 pm »
Background:

Lately, I have noticed an increase of people asking for taxi drivers from CITphone. Taxi driver missions are mostly in SF, these calls can be from LS and SF. Some of these players are new and in bad need of a transportation means. Although, Faggio is a nice option for them, some of them still need a help from a taxi driver to show them the way around.

Suggestion:

What I am proposing is a simple command, to switch to get taxi missions in SF or in LS. Hopefully, Arran still has an old back up of the LS taxi locations so it will only take a few minutes of coding. Also, it can be done automatically by a script instead of a command by detecting the city zone

Also a small pointer, triggering the switch should make the taxi driver lose the current passenger (to avoid any bugs it may cause).

Proud member of CIT since February 15th 2011
SAPD Founder

Offline Ron.

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Ability to Switch Taxi Missions
« Reply #1 on: 19 01, 2015, 07:23:57 pm »
As this job is kinda forgotten and I've only seen the new players using it, maybe it would be nice to improve it so that it's not an useless feature. I would like to add that maybe it's a good idea to also add some stops outside the citys such as in Red Country and the desert. Apart from that, upvoting this!

Offline Nvidia

• L33T
  • Senior Community Member
  • Ingame: Nvidia
« Reply #2 on: 19 01, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »
Seems like a good suggestion Stevie.
There are only some downsides, When you're new in the server people will get 50K and some vip hours (can't remember how much).
In that case people can buy a car at the car shop, but in the beginning they don't know how to buy a car so they will ask a taxi to pick them up.
Afterwards they don't need a cab because they already have a car to transport them self. I know what you mean but only in the beginning people will use the cab later and it will be useless.

I'm neutral about this suggestion. Still it's a nice to bring back the taxi job and have a bit RP. But it will get useless later and no one will take the job back again.

Kind regards,

Nvidia

Offline MHP

• Honorable
  • SAPD
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 19 01, 2015, 11:51:00 pm »
Taking a look at the statistics in game (577 players online) there were no taxi drivers at all. I wonder if there are more normally (I rarely spot taxi drivers when playing at all). So unless it is really easy to implement this it might be a waste to add new locations for a job that seems so extinct.

Also you could look at it in another way. Those new people who would like to try out the taxi job will typically be picking up NPCs. So keeping those locations in SF will at least keep the new players away from the hectic city of LS and be able to do their job in SF. And the players who wish to transport other players will naturally move to LS (as the player density is highest there). So you could see it as a choice a taxi driver makes every time they start their job: If you want to transport NPCs then SF is your place. If you want to help transport other players then LS is your place. That way the taxi drivers in LS are actually people who intend to transport other players (and might also have just some basic location knowledge, so they know where they are going!). So the current system is also fine, but I am open to this suggestion as long it's not too big of a hassle for the developer.

Offline tanke94

• Senior Community Member
  • Los lideres no culpan . Asumen .
  • Group: HispanicGamers
  • Ingame: Tanke94|CSA|
  • Squad: |CSA|
« Reply #4 on: 20 01, 2015, 05:14:49 am »

noticed something in what you say is true many players call taxi and do not need aci it would be good to add a special command for this aci avoid false calls to players in the role of a taxi driver

I suggest

add command could be a key t or x

add a tab confirmation as sending money to prevent something like falasas calls not only taxi driver also in mechanical pilot police doctor aci avoid any inconvenience for these workers spam
I am sick of love.

First, they will ignore you, later they will laugh at you, finally they will criticize you .. because you dared to do what they will never be able.
Nothing great has been done in the world without a passion.

Your love is like a a shadow on me all of the time
                               Laura <3

greenday

« Reply #5 on: 20 01, 2015, 11:00:38 am »
Also, it can be done automatically by a script instead of a command by detecting the city zone

Yep, just make a Taxi job vehicle spawner in LS too (at LS airport - for the new players who can't afford taxi at start) and when you spawn a vehicle from that LS marker, you will get your blips (passengers) in LS only. Just like the script of Bus driver in LS and SF works.
And when you enter your taxi (owned) in SF, it will automatically switch to SF blips. So ye detecting the City zone (LS or SF) would be amazing.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #6 on: 23 01, 2015, 03:20:14 pm »
I've merged the LS and SF taxi driver locations but you'll only see the blips near you and also they'll only want to go to locations nearby too so they won't be sending you off to another city.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.