Author Topic: How to be pro drifter ?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Thunder

• Senior Community Member
  • لا إله إلا انت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
How to be pro drifter ?
« on: 28 04, 2020, 08:22:44 pm »
Hey,

You need to know about tuning the vehicle, PekPek's Guide to know what is the best tune for elegy and elegy drift.

Here the explanation of the titles in tuning tab:
  • Speed: The speed will help you sometimes to control the car, so you can do what you want but be sure that you need the speed, and as PekPek told you in the guide that moving with high speed is not drifting and you need the speed but not 10/10! and increasing the speed depends on having NOS or not.
  • Acceleration: To drift you need a good Acceleration to make the car move quickly and the wheels run faster and faster to drift.
  • Braking: Of course you need a good braking to control the car if the speed is too much and to turn right or left you should use braking.
  • Suspension: To make it smooth in drifting.
  • Lower Suspension: The lower suspension make the car drift too much, so you will lose the control.
  • Bullet Resistance: I think that you won't enter a war with elegy drift, so no need to use this option.
  • Crash Resistance: This won't help or hurt us/elegy.
  • Rear Traction Bias: This will make the car moving be bad.
  • Front Traction Bias: This will make the car moving be bad.

Types:
  • AWD: it's my own type, because it's soft and it's easy for me more than RWD type, in AWD type you have strong power in the car because the power will be in the 4 wheels not only 2 (All wheels)
  • RWD: the power will be in the (rear wheels) only, and this will make the car drift more than the first type and now will be hard to control the car, so if you want to start as a drifter, you should test the first type first.

Best places to teach or test your skills:
  • Show content
  • Show content
  • Show content

Drift squad names:
I mentioned the squads which have board in the forum, so if you know squad in the game, tell me the name of it.

Joining a drifting squad will make you try to learn from them and attending events will improve your skills on drifting too, you should give yourself long time to try and try and try in the places where I stated, feeling the car will make you pro drifter and you will understand what the car needs to do.

@PekPek, thank you because your guide is supporting me.

If you have any advice, I will add it.

Angels' input:
Also don't expect to be like Brian Tee right when you start drifting and handle elegy pretty easily, it needs time to master it. I just wanted to say that as you didn't mention that the patience is needed.
« Last Edit: 03 07, 2020, 12:23:10 pm by Midnight »
LEFT CIT
It's not enough place to type my achievements.

Offline Thunder

Re: How to be pro drifter ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 04, 2020, 09:30:48 pm »
Also don't expect to be like Brian Tee right when you start drifting and handle elegy pretty easily, it needs time to master it. I just wanted to say that as you didn't mention that the patience is needed.
"you should give yourself long time to try and try and try in the places where I stated"

But okay, I added your input anyway  <3
LEFT CIT

Offline MozzieLitt

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 03 07, 2020, 09:56:08 am »
Tofu Deliver is here

EDIT: I think you should have included Missionary Hill.
« Last Edit: 03 07, 2020, 10:02:34 am by Takumi »

Offline Furix

• Ecchi till i die, all these lolis call me senpai!
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Furix
  • Squad: -
« Reply #3 on: 03 07, 2020, 10:58:43 am »
You shouldn't post if you don't have anything to add to the guide. Criticism isn't welcome here.
if it isnt welcome how is he supposed to improve his guide because stuff he wrote are pure bullshit?
Just A Random Lolicon
Project_86 Founder
Proud CAMORRA Member

Offline Kristian

• ( ゚∀゚)o彡゜えーりん!えーりん!助けてえーりん!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: Kristian
  • Squad: Drift_Academy
« Reply #4 on: 03 07, 2020, 11:00:11 am »
You shouldn't post if you don't have anything to add to the guide. Criticism isn't welcome here.

so in case someone wants to help him by, giving opinions on what to add or correct like the two lads above done, we can't do that then?

Offline Furix

• Ecchi till i die, all these lolis call me senpai!
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Furix
  • Squad: -
« Reply #5 on: 03 07, 2020, 11:07:43 am »
Maybe you can tell him what are the flaws in his guide in a friendly way. It's not a pure bullshit, it's a basic guide to the newbies in drifting.

If you have something you want to get added, tell him in a polite and friendly way.

That's what I did in his previous post but he started to be ignorant and stuff so how am I supposed to be friendly to person which isn't friendly and has Ego bigger than player count on cit atm.
Just A Random Lolicon
Project_86 Founder
Proud CAMORRA Member

Offline Kristian

« Reply #6 on: 03 07, 2020, 11:30:46 am »
Have it in a polite way.

Here's a list of flaws I am seeing and how you can improve :
- The Guide that PekPek did insists the Elegy and Elegy Drift shall be driven in RWD.
- The speed tuning only affects the maximum speed you will reach and gives little to no difference in driving other than the maximum speed you can attain (based from my experience).
- The acceleration tuning gives you more acceleration power, decreasing the time to reach the maximum speed, and will give you more traction loss the higher the acceleration is, which is what we wanted in a drift
- "and as PekPek told you in the guide that moving with high speed is not drifting", "Acceleration: To drift you need a good Acceleration to make the car move quickly" contradicting statements, a drift is a condition where a car is oversteering but still in control in the hands of a driver, usually done in corners, but can be done anywhere though. It's not really judged by how fast the car is going, but at what condition the car is going through. Going straight in a high speed doesnt count as a drift, oversteering in a high speed can still count as a drift if it's still under control.
- The braking tuning has a slightly misleading name, but from what I remember and experienced, it gives more traction to your wheels, this makes the car a bit harder to drift, especially at higher braking tune levels.*
- The suspension tuning gives your car a higher ride height, based on my hypothesis, the tune only modifies the limits of the suspension but not the suspension hardness value. The suspension hardness value remains the same as the one without suspension tune, but since the limits of the suspension is higher, the ride feels softer. Don't mix with Lower Suspension tuning.*
- Lower Suspension tuning is the as suspension tuning above, but goes on the opposite side, which is lowering the car's ride height. Don't mix with Suspension tuning.*
- The bullet resistance tuning is optional, it doesnt change how your car drives, it only changes the way your car takes damage from being shot.*
- The crash resistance tuning is also optional, but I recommend it because while learning drifting, your car can crash into walls and obstacles than you would think. Doesn't change how your car drives*
- Rear Traction Bias tuning makes the back wheels grip more, and the front wheels grip less. Don't mix with Front Traction Bias tuning.*
- Front Traction Bias tuning makes the back wheels grip less, and the front wheels grip more. Don't mix with Rear Traction Bias tuning.*
- AWD and RWD Elegy Drifts drive very different, learn them independently from each other, if you learn AWD drive, you will need to learn from the basics with RWD, and vice versa. Comparing AWD to RWD drifting is like comparing an Orange to an Apple.
- Best places for learning are okay, but kinda disagree with doing it in LV due to gameplay speed differences can make it disorienting, so it's not really recommended for newcomers. The best place to learn drifting is by taking your drift car everywhere for almost every occassion, not exclusive to specific places

* - Still needs further testing and confirmation
« Last Edit: 03 07, 2020, 11:40:25 am by Kristian »

Offline Akatosh

• Junior Community Member
  • I'm just a simple man
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Das_Institut
  • Ingame: guess what Aka
  • Squad: Expendable
« Reply #7 on: 03 07, 2020, 11:55:36 am »
I've been awaken by  of the ancient lords of drifting aka Kris, Furix and Ninja. I will try to keep as polite as possible but I won't reach that anyway.

First of all. WHY THE FUCK LV, since when is learning drifting with the twice amount of speed good.
Second. NFS Doesn't even have a board anymore.
Third. You can litterally learn drifting everywhere, just try to drift around SF.

Joining a drifting squad will make you try to learn from them and attending events will improve your skills on drifting too, you should give yourself long time to try and try and try in the places where I stated, feeling the car will make you pro drifter and you will understand what the car needs to do.
Im sorry? I learned it by DIY.

The rest is stated by Kris.
« Last Edit: 03 07, 2020, 12:03:28 pm by Akatosh »

Offline Ninja.

• The Stealth Mercenary
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: VCMD-Ninja[TF]
« Reply #8 on: 03 07, 2020, 12:01:45 pm »
Types:
AWD: it's my own type, because it's soft and it's easy for me more than RWD type, in AWD type you have strong power in the car because the power will be in the 4 wheels not only 2 (All wheels)
RWD: the power will be in the (rear wheels) only, and this will make the car drift more than the first type and now will be hard to control the car, so if you want to start as a drifter, you should test the first type first.
I'll just leave this here, credits to moderator Midnight himself for saving me the time.
AWD Drifting isn't drifting, it sucks, all you have to do is to press space every second. Sorry to everyone who is using AWD, but you really have to switch to RWD.
"A leader is the one who knows the way, goes the way, shows the way."
"If at first you don't succeed, call an airstrike." ~23rd Fighter Squadron of the TaskForce

Offline MozzieLitt

« Reply #9 on: 03 07, 2020, 12:28:40 pm »
Thank you all for following such feedback, I think thunder would update the topic and won't be one of those drivers without honor.
Have a nice day

Offline Thunder

« Reply #10 on: 03 07, 2020, 02:15:36 pm »
Have it in a polite way.

Here's a list of flaws I am seeing and how you can improve :
- The Guide that PekPek did insists the Elegy and Elegy Drift shall be driven in RWD.
- The speed tuning only affects the maximum speed you will reach and gives little to no difference in driving other than the maximum speed you can attain (based from my experience).
- The acceleration tuning gives you more acceleration power, decreasing the time to reach the maximum speed, and will give you more traction loss the higher the acceleration is, which is what we wanted in a drift
- "and as PekPek told you in the guide that moving with high speed is not drifting", "Acceleration: To drift you need a good Acceleration to make the car move quickly" contradicting statements, a drift is a condition where a car is oversteering but still in control in the hands of a driver, usually done in corners, but can be done anywhere though. It's not really judged by how fast the car is going, but at what condition the car is going through. Going straight in a high speed doesnt count as a drift, oversteering in a high speed can still count as a drift if it's still under control.
- The braking tuning has a slightly misleading name, but from what I remember and experienced, it gives more traction to your wheels, this makes the car a bit harder to drift, especially at higher braking tune levels.*
- The suspension tuning gives your car a higher ride height, based on my hypothesis, the tune only modifies the limits of the suspension but not the suspension hardness value. The suspension hardness value remains the same as the one without suspension tune, but since the limits of the suspension is higher, the ride feels softer. Don't mix with Lower Suspension tuning.*
- Lower Suspension tuning is the as suspension tuning above, but goes on the opposite side, which is lowering the car's ride height. Don't mix with Suspension tuning.*
- The bullet resistance tuning is optional, it doesnt change how your car drives, it only changes the way your car takes damage from being shot.*
- The crash resistance tuning is also optional, but I recommend it because while learning drifting, your car can crash into walls and obstacles than you would think. Doesn't change how your car drives*
- Rear Traction Bias tuning makes the back wheels grip more, and the front wheels grip less. Don't mix with Front Traction Bias tuning.*
- Front Traction Bias tuning makes the back wheels grip less, and the front wheels grip more. Don't mix with Rear Traction Bias tuning.*
- AWD and RWD Elegy Drifts drive very different, learn them independently from each other, if you learn AWD drive, you will need to learn from the basics with RWD, and vice versa. Comparing AWD to RWD drifting is like comparing an Orange to an Apple.
- Best places for learning are okay, but kinda disagree with doing it in LV due to gameplay speed differences can make it disorienting, so it's not really recommended for newcomers. The best place to learn drifting is by taking your drift car everywhere for almost every occassion, not exclusive to specific places

* - Still needs further testing and confirmation
Thank you for your hard working and I will analyse the information and I will add them, then I will discuss with you about the points that I don't agree with you about them :heart1:
First of all. WHY THE FUCK LV, since when is learning drifting with the twice amount of speed good.
Second. NFS Doesn't even have a board anymore.
You don't need to go to lv to learn yourslef, you can learn yourself in an apartment. Although going to LV won't cause problems but okay you can rent an apartment and learn yourself there.

Sorry for non-responding because no one mentioned me, you just talking about the guide and about me and you didn't even do anything to discuss the points with me, thanks for the people who spoke politely.
LEFT CIT

Offline Kristian

« Reply #11 on: 03 07, 2020, 02:24:11 pm »
Thank you for your hard working and I will analyse the information and I will add them, then I will discuss with you about the points that I don't agree with you about them :heart1:

I'll be waiting. Take your time.

You don't need to go to lv to learn yourslef, you can learn yourself in an apartment. Although going to LV won't cause problems but okay you can rent an apartment and learn yourself there.

Then you'll have to learn with no tuning then.

Offline Thunder

« Reply #12 on: 03 07, 2020, 02:30:59 pm »
Then you'll have to learn with no tuning then.
I want to ask what is the problem if you go to LV and learn there? I am even safe in LV more than LS, I really don't know what is your problem guys!!!
LEFT CIT

Offline MozzieLitt

« Reply #13 on: 03 07, 2020, 02:53:49 pm »
I want to ask what is the problem if you go to LV and learn there? I am even safe in LV more than LS, I really don't know what is your problem guys!!!
Hello,sorry for interrupting your pleasant and cozy conversation,but the way you talk is highly questionable,to clarify this,i wonder how someone is supposed to learn drifting at different environment speed,aka LV speed. Its not about how you perform and steer the wheel,when you leave LV you have to adapt different environment speed which is pretty slow compared to LV,this is the worst tip that can be giving to a new player. Here it should be noted that someone already stated that fact above,seems that you doesn't even care about others opinion and question.This is inadequate action from you,i wish you took everything seriously and separate what is giving an actual guide and not fully stupidity.

Offline Akatosh

• I'm just a simple man
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Das_Institut
  • Ingame: guess what Aka
  • Squad: Expendable
« Reply #14 on: 03 07, 2020, 03:45:57 pm »
Hello,sorry for interrupting your pleasant and cozy conversation,but the way you talk is highly questionable,to clarify this,i wonder how someone is supposed to learn drifting at different environment speed,aka LV speed. Its not about how you perform and steer the wheel,when you leave LV you have to adapt different environment speed which is pretty slow compared to LV,this is the worst tip that can be giving to a new player. Here it should be noted that someone already stated that fact above,seems that you doesn't even care about others opinion and question.This is inadequate action from you,i wish you took everything seriously and separate what is giving an actual guide and not fully stupidity.
Its like switching from Elegy Drift to Elegy without even being able to drift with the normal Elegy

Our issue is that you're 'guide' is very questionable
« Last Edit: 03 07, 2020, 04:00:43 pm by Akatosh »