Poll

Forum post count

re-enable
34 (58.6%)
keep disabled
24 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: 14 12, 2019, 09:47:49 pm

Author Topic: [Forum] Re-enabling post count  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Brand

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
[Forum] Re-enabling post count
« on: 01 12, 2019, 07:30:10 pm »
I'll get straight into the point because this doesn't really require many details to be comprehended, in case you don't know what post count is, I think some of you have been around for years and know that each user's posts used to be displayed below their pfp (profile picture) It was some kind of motivating to see your post count that some users would measure their forum's activity, it was also a way to judge someone applying for any community rank, I do know that posts can be seen through PMs, but that's a tiring way to track your posts.

Now that forum accounts are only created through '/getforumaccount' in-game, the risk of seeing players creating multiple accounts to farm as many posts as possible has disappeared (not sure if that's the reason though with the few users we have, there won't be as much post-farming as before, it can even be addressed by any means) and I honestly don't find any reason for post count to be invisible/disabled; it was such a cool feature also I believe FMMs would rely on it to judge someone's activity.

Argument for:

Sounds good, attracts the people to post more and more things. this feature helps FAMs too in. No idea why they disabled it, but it sounds to be a really good idea. I want it back! thanks for your suggestion. I am up for it and fully supporting it.

Argument against:

This can only bring one thing

People spamming boards with random shit so they can get a higher amount of posts

In short this incourages quantity over quality
« Last Edit: 11 12, 2019, 09:47:24 pm by Arran »
Thank you, Java.

Offline Jumper

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FFHGaming
Re: [Forum] Re-enabling post count
« Reply #1 on: 01 12, 2019, 09:13:56 pm »
For when we do judge on players activity by their amount of posts? The main purpose of deleting it the first time that it was used to judge of someone's activity so some players used to farm posts and increase it before applying to a community rank but by time the staff team judge to players by being helpful on the general boards even some of it wasnt countable, so we could see a player with 50 fourm posts but does not have a forum rank in the other hand we used to see players with very low post count having high fourm rank, in brief the main reason of removing such future is some players with many forum posts go into a deep in activity then come back and apply for x rank having forum posts as a positive point for him but that doesnt prove his activity for the recent time, he will have to show his activity again on the general posts.
LS Rapist
Criminals Mastermind
I don't feel safe in CIT anymore
Former Criminal Boss & Guider
ex L9 FightForHonor Founder, ex L8 CF deputy, ex L7 Vacouver Founder, ex L6 B13 leader, ex chaos deputy, ex crips founder, ex Bandidos founder, ex Dym founder, ex Sam leader.

Offline GogliKo

• Junior Community Member
  • Once we owned the world.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: sl4PP3rs
  • Ingame: TeamRuver
« Reply #2 on: 01 12, 2019, 09:21:22 pm »
Yes, it's kind of a motivation, but I remember players posting tons of useless replies to farm them, they did lots of mistakes and got warned for breaking server rules, which ended up in a demotivation instead of motivation.
I personally welcome your suggestion, since becoming an official community member is not related (At least shouldn't be related) to amount of posts, but related to quality of posts.
Original founder of sl4PP3rs & TeamRuver e.e

Offline Brand

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #3 on: 01 12, 2019, 09:32:49 pm »
For when we do judge on players activity by their amount of posts? The main purpose of deleting it the first time that it was used to judge of someone's activity so some players used to farm posts and increase it before applying to a community rank but by time the staff team judge to players by being helpful on the general boards even some of it wasnt countable, so we could see a player with 50 fourm posts but does not have a forum rank in the other hand we used to see players with very low post count having high fourm rank, in brief the main reason of removing such future is some players with many forum posts go into a deep in activity then come back and apply for x rank having forum posts as a positive point for him but that doesnt prove his activity for the recent time, he will have to show his activity again on the general posts.

I was clearly referring to the past in the suggestion, at least mentioned all I recall, not saying it will be used for any future procedure if that's what you've pointed out, apart from that, that's not the main reason why I suggested this anyway.
Thank you, Java.

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • League Of Duels Hoster
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
« Reply #4 on: 01 12, 2019, 10:58:45 pm »
yes it will be better if we see our posts like old days, Its something I think interested for anything to
see how many posts he has.. Positive  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline 3bood

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 02 12, 2019, 11:23:29 am »
It might also help FAMs when they handle xCM applications, and make the job faster, so I think it's good re-enabling it, Supporting.

Offline Berke34

• Junior Community Member
  • Berke
  • Ingame: Berke34
« Reply #6 on: 02 12, 2019, 11:39:16 am »
I was glad that this feature was removed because it seemed to me as a show and there were a lot of people coming out to farm post. Seeing the post count of someone on the forum and on the subject also doesn't mean anything that makes a show that does a single job that would not motivate people that way. Im Negative.
Ex. Turkish Guide
Ex. Turkish Translator

Ah Kolarov, my raisin pie.

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #7 on: 02 12, 2019, 03:17:30 pm »
Sounds good, attracts the people to post more and more things. this feature helps FAMs too in. No idea why they disabled it, but it sounds to be a really good idea. I want it back! thanks for your suggestion. I am up for it and fully supporting it.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline puhQ

• Outstanding Community Member
  • kansas city shuffle
  • Ingame: puhQ
« Reply #8 on: 02 12, 2019, 03:55:49 pm »
- Forum: seeing the post count of someone next to each of their posts has been disabled to end post count farming. (Arran)
In other words, it's not even disabled, you can check everyone's amount of posts by opening their profile and clicking on 'show stats'.

So yeah, the only valid argument is that the feature was cool(?). I don't mind having it again, however, the only difference it will make is not having to click on a link twice (not really hard, is it?).
L I G H T

Children, don't cry
It won't end
Pain will always be my friend

Offline ViVa

• New Community Member
  • I'm in touch with humanity
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
  • Ingame: [B13]ViVa
  • Squad: OldSchool
« Reply #9 on: 02 12, 2019, 07:15:33 pm »
Well, in my opinion it is not needed because we can see members profile stats from his summary but as you said some members it is    motivator . So I will upvote  :tick:

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 11 12, 2019, 09:48:26 pm »
Added a poll as I'm not bothered too much to re-enable it, even though it will just result in useless post spam.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Infernuz

• New Community Member
  • Who dares, wins.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Infernuz
« Reply #11 on: 11 12, 2019, 10:11:17 pm »
this will help FMMs in handling CMs applications.
Not at all. You are able to see your overall forum activity through "Show stats" section on your profile.
Imagine if you manage to collect about 100-200 posts and the majority of them consists posts from random chat boards or "upvoting this" posts.
Not a valid argument tbh.

Imo. , I don't get the point of having a post count anyways. It's just a number after all. Having it popping up at your profile doesn't contribute to anything apart from fullfilling your ego.

Get over it.

Offline MacMan

• Everyone is perfect in his own way
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #12 on: 12 12, 2019, 12:11:37 pm »
I honestly don't get it why people are negative in this, I would say every board moderator has a duty, every staff has a duty. So if it's going to make players spam to gain posts so I would say staffs and moderators can handle this as well, warning him or asking him not to do that, we are currently facing this silly problem in discussions board and the moderators are taking care of it.
My point is, this will increase moderators work and if someone has 100 posts then that means he's really active and posting useful posts cause moderators and staffs will take care of that, it's simply going to make life on forum easier to check someone's posts and easier to FFMs..
Positive ofc.
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me

Offline Nelson

• W.E.I.R.D
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard Ghosts
  • Ingame: Nelson
« Reply #13 on: 12 12, 2019, 02:42:33 pm »
Well, in my opinion it was good but some peoples just come and they just click up or down vote and they leave. some peoples reply and vote. but I think we can easily know the votes of suggestion. so it should be re-enable.
My attitude will always be based on how you treat me.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 13 12, 2019, 07:23:11 pm »
I'm going to go with the vote to re-enable it as I feel that there are benefits to both choices.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.