Author Topic: Race position and Checkpoints left, to be displayed for participants in races.  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Aditya.N

• Senior Community Member
  • Proud to be a part of KLM. Former CIT supporter.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-VP|Aditya.N
  • Squad: Speed (#SP)
Hello,

I am suggesting to add a small text which shows us our position in a race and the checkpoints left (this can be optional) at the bottom right corner (nearby the fuel / HP bar of vehicles).
Here's an example (rough example, sorry about that. I used paint):
Show content

I cropped the above SS to let you all focus more on my suggestion.  :P

Players (most probably like me) would prefer to feel the race excitement by looking at what position they are at and how many checkpoints they need to pass through. I admit I am not a daily racer because I started to participate in races like a week ago or so.

I know in the current system of races, positions are displayed at the end of a race. But that's not really exciting / interesting in my opinion.
Like this: 
Show content

(Devs don't really need to remove the above line which appears at the end of a race tho, just let the participants know what is their position is and checkpoints left to finish the race)

We all must have played many (or few) racing games in which we are habitual to keeping an eye on our position in the race and some of us (those who are at the leading position as well) want to know when will he/she end the race so as to earn an achievement. - I personally check the "Checkpoints" that I have passed and how many are left to win the race. (Of course, not all the racing games might be showing race positions and checkpoints. Anyways, that's off-topic. I just explained the actual fun about races according to me using this example).

I searched for any similar suggestion but from my side, I couldn't find any. I am sorry if it was included in any suggestion or suggested separately any time.

P.S.: This will only be displayed to the ones who are participating in the race. That is, for those who are in a race. This will not be displayed as soon as someone enters the race marker, but only to the participants after the race starts.

I am also thinking about adding this system to both normal races and bikes races too. (Can be discussed, if anyone disapproves)
Incase, anyone may think "then go to a race server and play" even for a  second - race is also an essential part of such a popular partially RP based server. Racing is in itself fun when you get competitors. And improving the race system little by little is how players will prefer participating in races. Making small aspects of the server more enjoyable.

Please post any drawback (if there's any) or anything you have against the suggestion. On a side note, those who often race and love to participate in any form of races, please post your thoughts about this too.
« Last Edit: 27 12, 2014, 10:22:54 am by Aditya.N »
Vice President of KLM| | My introduction.
IRC nick: Aditya

Offline YorkLT

• Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
This was suggested few times before, and got denied (dunno why), but I still think it's a great suggestion! Almost every racing game has this Position (/Checkpoint Counter) Script, why not having it in CIT? I participate in races pretty often and I, and the other racers know that this is really helpful, specially the Checkpoint Counter!

Great suggestion,

Upvoting!

Regards

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Added the race check points left, but not current race position as the checkpoint code is client side and the client isn't keeping track of how other racers are doing, that would require a whole redesign which is pointless and would most likely involve more people rage quitting the races because they're not #1.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.