Author Topic: Late April 2012 News  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Late April 2012 News
« on: 26 04, 2012, 06:34:53 pm »
For those of you who have connected to the server recently, you'll noticed the 3-4mb of download. This was so we can replace the terrible quality GTA SA weapons with some much higher quality ones but ones which were also light on bandwidth. I've added an option to disable them in CITphone but this won't be available until next server restart due to a bug which prevents me from restarting the script with people online, as applying mods when you have weapons can make you lose them.

To see a good quality image of all weapons we've modified click here: http://cit2.net/arran/pics/newGuns.png

The country rifle is now a 5 shot weapon so you can fire 5 rounds quickly, you can also move while aiming slightly faster and the range of the weapon is more than doubled. Making the country rifle (looks like an M14) actually worth using weapon!

The mini-gun now looks like a machine gun from WW2. Unfortunately we couldn't make it shoot slower so we've just made the bullets do a fraction of damage, so its much weaker (maybe even weaker than the assault rifles) and maybe one day if I can be bothered it will be available to buy for a very large price.

Also for those of you who play you may have noticed some new features which were made by Rick. Today Rick has been entrusted with access to the CIT resources sub folder where his and other contributors work is so he can now directly add/edit/delete his work rather than having to pass things through me. It's always good to give somebody the power to make CIT better rather than having to do everything myself.

Just imagine how different CIT would be if instead of having 2 developers for most of the time, we'd have had 5 people since the start. Yeah, we can only imagine how amazing stuff would be.
« Last Edit: 26 04, 2012, 06:47:57 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Rover

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Late April 2012 News
« Reply #1 on: 26 04, 2012, 06:55:34 pm »
Good job. I like the new weapons!  :)
You guys will be remembered.

Rover added as Trial Staff. (28.12.2015 Brian)

Uau_tuga

« Reply #2 on: 26 04, 2012, 07:06:29 pm »
Indeed, the new skins are great and I cant wait to see what new features are coming to the CIT server since Rick is a very helpful and competent person.

Offline Timtso

• Regular Community Member
  • Chief Advisor of SAPD
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Timtso[SAPD]
« Reply #3 on: 27 04, 2012, 06:19:21 am »
I love thoose new weapon skins, much better than the old.
Chief Advisor of San Andreas Police Department
Honorable Police Chief

Ex. Head Police Chief

Timtso

Lavigne

« Reply #4 on: 27 04, 2012, 03:41:01 pm »
Damn I love the mods. Can't wait for more updates :p

abdullahrafx

« Reply #5 on: 27 04, 2012, 03:51:13 pm »
I like the mods, Good Work Arran, and good work Rick. :P

Sefg

« Reply #6 on: 27 04, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »
The mods are great, though when speaking of mods if we'd find a nice gun sound mod with little bandwith usage could it possibly be added as well? Considering that the standard GTA SA gunshot sounds are quite "weak" and unrealistic, sounds more like a paintball gun than an actual gun.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 27 04, 2012, 10:23:21 pm »
We can't remove those sounds, only cover them over which kind of sucks I guess.

Jethilby

« Reply #8 on: 27 04, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »
I like them and thank you for adding them they make the server alot better and im sure alot of players are gonna be happy with that disable button, but all in all this is great and I appreciate all the hard work you've been doing from the start.

mectus11

« Reply #9 on: 28 04, 2012, 12:20:41 pm »
The mods are great, though when speaking of mods if we'd find a nice gun sound mod with little bandwith usage could it possibly be added as well? Considering that the standard GTA SA gunshot sounds are quite "weak" and unrealistic, sounds more like a paintball gun than an actual gun.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/real-cars-2-for-gta-sa
This mod has a realistic gun sound which is amazing, I'm going to upload them until you don't have to download the whole mod, also I will be showing sounds, cheers.

jaffa2178

« Reply #10 on: 28 04, 2012, 01:27:40 pm »
Arran thanks so much for all the work you've put into the server.
I bet you're proud, not too long ago there was 1028 people on the server which YOU own.
Ofc thanks to Rick, Cheeze, and all the other scripters.

Keep up the good work Arran, I will be happy to donate to the server.
Damn, you should get paid for this! Lol

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: 29 04, 2012, 08:04:50 pm »
I like them. Good job :), but can some one give me the mp5 mod?

If you want to add them to GTA SA or w/e: C:\Program Files (x86)\MTA San Andreas 1.3\mods\deathmatch\resources\CITweaponstats\skins

Vi-docks

« Reply #12 on: 30 04, 2012, 10:51:40 am »
nice job=))I really like the fact that (CIT) is moving up, it  a very interesting what a new will doing CIT in the future)<3<3<3<3

Kilro

« Reply #13 on: 02 05, 2012, 02:55:25 pm »
I'd love to see the Minigun/MG42 for sale if you manage to make it fair comparing to the other weapons.

Pl@y

« Reply #14 on: 02 05, 2012, 04:56:55 pm »
Yea, The new weapons are good, But dont bother about making Minigun a buyable weapon because, If you add that people may abuse it for turfing and poor people maynot have the money to buy that wep. But the new weapons are cool. And as you made country rifle somehwhat cool, many people are buying that now.
Thanks to Arran and Rick For making CIT more wonderful than any other MTA server