Author Topic: Add "Set points" to F6 - To reward players who are doing a good job.  (Read 1736 times)

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: IVANs_Family
  • Ingame: GA~[IF]IVAN>B+
  • Squad: IVANs_Squad
Add "Set points" to F6 - To reward players who are doing a good job.

You can already give players a warning with %.
I have experimented with using this warning % not as a warning, but as a way to reward players who are joining my group events and doing a good job.
And my members enjoy that.

I have long thought that we should have some way in F6 to keep track of points or promotion % or something to objectively keep track of who is a good/active member.
This also gives members a chance to compare themselves with others and a sense of motivation to support the group in various activities.

Not every group will use the new feature in the same way. Some might not want to promote their members based on this, but they might want to reward them differently.
So let's just call it "points"

- Place a button (Set points) in group members, where group staff with permissions can set members' points from 1 - 100.

GA~[IF]IVAN>B+|IVANs (ZtyX) rewarded GA~[IF]Player1>O (Player1) (Reason for reward) (+3 points)

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
You can do something that is the same as this through forum by making a section in a board like Activities board where players who attended the most CEs post how much Points they got with proof and you give them points on forum and in the end of every month you see who's the best one of them all and give him a reward or something I think you got my idea now you can tell them to post the screenshot with the activity they did or why they should be rewarded and Boom rewards everywhere and the problem is solved without adding anything new to the F6 Panel, Tell me your idea of my idea since I really think adding something extra into F6 would be unnecessary since you can do this in many other ways.

I need this in F6 because I have a list of players in game and I need to be able to reward players fast.
For example, if a member gets a good kill while we turf - I can give him 1 point quickly.
Another example, if 10 members show up to a group event, I can see their name in front of me and I don't need to ALT-TAB out of the game to go to the forum to edit a post somewhere.
Also, some groups have no board - but they might be active in game. And even if they do have a board, then it's really a waste of time to keep updating a roster if players join/leave a lot.

This feature is neccesary to save the time of group leaders/staff so they can focus more on the events and the members, instead of wasting time administrating stuff on a forum.
Also, the forum is public and not everyone wants to share stuff about points and who is doing good/bad with other groups, since that's an internal decision.

But the most important reason, as I said, is to make things easy and fast in game, so leaders can focus on their members and not forum administration.
If people really want to use the forum, they still can. But the forum cannot replace adding this in game. It's 2 completely different things.

Offline ZtyX

• Mafia Boss
Whatever you say, I just thought it would be better to keep it forum way so players can get more into the forum and we would have more players that joins the forum every day instead of just doing anything in game and not needing to come to the forum for any reason, Anyways no problem in this since it's pretty easier clearly and as you said it's a lil waste of time to edit it everyday.

Positive.

Thank you for the support. In terms of what you said about encouraging players to come to the forum, I would like to say that this idea is not targetted to get people to go on the forum.
There are other ways to do that such as (official) group levels and other stuff like that.

People will not go on the forum more or less no matter if this idea gets added or not. However, if this idea gets added, then I can reward players in my group in a real way instead of misusing the "warning %" as a reward system and some players getting confused why they get warned, when I actually reward them. This has barely happened though. People are really quick to understand the point, but still - it would be nice to have a real reward functionality.

Back in the old days, I used to take screenshots of people lined up and then go through my screenshots folder and then upkeep lists on paper and in the forumof people with points.
It would save time if I could do this in F6, so that I could focus on the game, the event and the members.

Offline Atreus

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
I really like your suggestion. I support it for the following reasons.
its will strengthen the capabilities of groups. Like when someone wants an promotion. He must work hard to earn points step-by-step to maximize points and get an promotion. I am sure if this feature is added. Group activities will be increased a lot. The player will devote his time focusing on the points and will be significantly more energetic and energetic with this feature..and without a doubt it will have a positive impact on the results of logging into the server.
But I think we should improve these suggestions further. By adding two options. First option Team leaders can add a point to the member manually. The second option is to make it automatic. Team leaders will add specific duties when they do so they will get points automatically. Because leaders cannot give points to many members, . that will  worth a lot of time to do so. It is better to focus on the activities of the lead group rather than giving points to everything they do

Offline Sp1

• New Community Member
  • Highest in the room
    YearsYearsYearsYears
I find your suggestion to be interesting but I'd like to add a few improvements to your suggestion. for example I was thinking about adding a similar system to the promotion system as well if X player reaches the required amount of points he'll be promoted automatically by a server or some kind of bot what handles the promotion system.

Points can be given by trusted members of the group to others. Each trusted member can give "1 point" with detailed reason "explanation" every 24 hours and if X player reaches the required amount of points "votes" he'll be promoted right away by a server.

Why? because in my opinion Leaders/Founders have a lot to do nowadays to keep their group activities going and most of the times they don't even have time to notice small things such a new player contributes to the community so fellow players can give their honest points "votes" whatever you wanna call them on others.

Also, I'd like to add if the player get warned then his points amount will be reduced by "1 point", also I'd like to hear creator opinion about it 

Anyways I'm just stating my opinion here about improvements to this suggestion and my vote is positive.
« Last Edit: 19 03, 2020, 02:46:36 am by IamSlash »

Offline Counter

• Honorable
  • O Allah, I ask You for pardon and wellness.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Well, After I looked and read your suggestion, I saw that it is really cool, adding this system will be especially nice when you do a patrol or something like that, when you see that a member of your group is excellent then you want to give him a reward, this may be useful sometimes when you want to promote  Someone in your group, you can see what he got, and promote him to the level he took. Iam Positive.

Who lived with two faces, dead without a face.

Offline Soul

• New Community Member
  • I Love Potatoes.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Soul-HunTeR
  • Squad: DriftWorks
It's literally the best idea i've ever saw in discussion board, because its very useful to mark people working hard, So you can be sure that everyone knows his work and it's own value, it will be good to add it near warning level, so everyone can see it, when they see it they will know how to work hard for it and do their best.

It's really good idea.

Positive

Offline Unity

• si la vida te da la espalda, mírale el culo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Unity
After reviewing your suggestion, we obtained the following results:

- 5 positive votes.
- 0 negative votes.
- 0 neutral votes.

The topic will remain as neutral priority until it receives a few more votes
Ass or tits?

Offline Revo.

• The Punisher
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Revo.
This may support leaders with promotions and see members' activity, so adding this will be useful to the groups to discuss members' activity. I would like to use this in-game as it's going to support my group a lot. yes

Offline Lily

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Lily
You can do something that is the same as this through forum by making a section in a board like Activities board where players who attended the most CEs post how much Points they got with proof and you give them points on forum and in the end of every month you see who's the best one of them all and give him a reward or something I think you got my idea now you can tell them to post the screenshot with the activity they did or why they should be rewarded and Boom rewards everywhere and the problem is solved without adding anything new to the F6 Panel, Tell me your idea of my idea since I really think adding something extra into F6 would be unnecessary since you can do this in many other ways.

Ye I agree, although it would be easier to have a small option in-game to add those points, like we have to warn the members. My vote is Positive.
Former Portuguese Helper.
Former CIT Radio DJ.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Adding a new column would take too long so I just made it so warning level can be negative (as low as -999%) which is like the same thing.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.