Author Topic: Reward when killing turrets  (Read 1151 times)

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
Reward when killing turrets
« on: 15 03, 2014, 10:52:05 pm »
This goes to both, criminals and cops.

Currently, killing a turret is the garbage work. While other people are standing around and killing the enemies, you have to do the bad work killing the turrets and the others profit from not doing it.
Is that teamwork? No, you do the work alone, and don't get any reward. (For example as a cop: Other cops are killing the criminals, while you kill the turrets for them and you get no reward, they steal all the reward)

Then everyone moves the work to another person because noone wants to waste his time by killing a turret while the other persons are doing the actual fighting.

Example:

(I will use cop as an example)

Lets say you are cop and you are infront of many criminals with turrets. You have 2 more cops with you and you try to arrest the criminals, so the other cops are shooting into the criminal mass and you are all getting shot by the turrets

People are NOT killing the turrets because it's a waste of time, they'd rather get the kill because if for example you are a cop and you kill the turret, you will only waste ammo and the other cops will get the arrests.

To be realistic, the actual "heros" are the people who destroy the turrets because that opens the space for the other people, but the people who kill the turrets aren't getting any reward, while the others in the meantime kill the other people and get the kills / arrests...

So I suggest that if you destroy a turret you get a reward (like 1/2 of turret price) so people who kill the turrets aren't the idiots who do the garbage work for the others so the others have free space, but so that the people who do that work actually get a reward, because they are missing out on the kills they could get when killing the people.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline Azoulas

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Azoulas
Re: Reward when killing turrets
« Reply #1 on: 15 03, 2014, 11:00:10 pm »
I would suggest making the turrets cost 1k more than it's current cost and make it so killing a turret rewards 1k. (or pick a price that sounds fitting)

I use turrets very often myself and I would be ok with adding a little extra to the cost of spawning them to give people incentive to kill them, and this way the turrets still take out 6k from the server every time a player spawns one and the extra 1k would stay in the server as another player would get it from the turret kill.

On top of the practical use of turrets I love that they are actually helping to pull money out of an already flooded economy, so I think if we get any money from turret kills it should be added to the current price of turrets.

Offline CocoNuT

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: CocoNuT
« Reply #2 on: 15 03, 2014, 11:23:47 pm »
When I was reading the suggestion, I realized that you forgot to say something, and maybe most people would get confused because of that.

The thing that I guess you forgot to say/add in your suggestion is (Which is obviously needed):
If you destroy your own turret, you won't get a reward
But if you destroy someone else's turret, you will get a reward.

The reward might be $1000-$1500

I would suggest making the turrets cost 1k more than it's current cost and make it so killing a turret rewards 1k. (or pick a price that sounds fitting)
I believe it's forbidden to suggest 2 different things in 1 suggestion, as far as I know.
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. - Bob Marley

Offline Skippah

• Ingame: Skippah
« Reply #3 on: 17 03, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »
Money wouldn't be that good in my own opinion, why not 5 hits from each drug?

henry997

« Reply #4 on: 17 03, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
I see now way of this being abused as it would cost the owner $6,000 and in my opinion the person that blew up the turret should only get $500 or $1000. So the owner isn't going to want to pay $6,000 so say his friend can get $1,000.
Anyway , This will be good for new players who are finding it hard to earn money as a Police Officer. Just so they can get a 'little bonus'.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #5 on: 17 03, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.