Author Topic: [Arran/Brian] Automatically toggle off MPCC spawn when AFK  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Basically, MPCC is used by most of the cops nowadays to reach or to comeback faster to an AR/CE or whatever, but sometimes people deploy their MPCC and suddenly go AFK, and the spawn still there.
It's really annoying when you misclick or just spawn at his MPCC thinking it was placed properly, but it leads you to nowhere, making you waste time/money to warp again and as you know, you can't warp to an MPCC again for 2 minutes, so disabling the MPCC respawn if a player is AFK should solve this recurring problem.

Which criteria your suggestion meets: Reduce inconvenience.
« Last Edit: 25 10, 2020, 06:21:01 pm by Vampire »
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Diamond

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Automatically toggle off MPCC spawn when AFK
« Reply #1 on: 23 10, 2020, 06:01:15 am »
It won't solve the problem 100% as you never know if they are AFK or just playing around while their MPCC truck is deployed. Therefore, there could be another decent solution, I would like to hear that from the community members.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Zeky

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #2 on: 23 10, 2020, 06:41:48 am »
Well seeing as that's the case, how about if the AR/CE has ended the MPCC won't show on the map. As you may know, there is a script which only allows you to deploy an MPCC outside of the 40-meter range of an AR, and clearly, that script works to detect if there is an AR active nearby, so therefore why not make it where if the script does not detect an AR nearby it will simply de-activate the MPCC spawn off the map to prevent wasting time and money as you stated? Not sure how efficient this could be however this is an idea I have come up with in regard to this issue, I'd like to hear your feedback/input and maybe we can add the same features but to CEs as well so it works hand in hand.
Juice WRLD 999

Offline Ahmed?

• Do not give up. The beginning is always the hard.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: left
  • Ingame: Ahmed
  • Squad: left
« Reply #3 on: 23 10, 2020, 08:26:27 am »
Actually, I am thinking that if the game goes AFK, publishing of his car is stopped and so it has been permanently disabled and that is because it is very bad and the new players do not know how to use it and use it in a very bad way I am positive
Guide X2 - Senior Community Member - Ex DoMinos_Family Leader
i dont have friends > but that's okay > I don't need them any way > i do my best all on my own

Offline Pyxtro

• Junior Community Member
  • San Andreas Father
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Pyxtro
  • Squad: AR
« Reply #4 on: 23 10, 2020, 11:55:19 am »
I agree with this suggestion. I also experienced this situation a lot. There may be players who leave the MPCC truck available. And a really missclick can be a serious waste of time. It is obvious that AFK people do this unwillingly and I think this should be prevented somehow. Positive  :tick:
San Andreas Father !
Everything is on your hands my son, don't screw it up !

Offline Arcanus

• Loyalty and Blessings
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: USSF
  • Ingame: CMD-Arcanus#USS
  • Squad: GodFathers
« Reply #5 on: 23 10, 2020, 02:17:56 pm »
This has happened to me many times, for example you are in an AR and you try to respaw in the MPCC that appears and the MPCC is in the previous AR or elsewhere, nothing to do since this afk the MPCC player this would help greatly I amPositive :tick:

•Staff in United States Special Forces•|•Founder of GodFathers•|•Former head of Crime Investigation Department•|•Former Co-Founder of The Expendables•|•Guide•

Offline Vibe.

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver/xCode
  • Ingame: Vibe
  • Squad: ACERules
« Reply #6 on: 23 10, 2020, 03:33:03 pm »
It won't solve the problem 100% as you never know if they are AFK or just playing around while their MPCC truck is deployed. Therefore, there could be another decent solution, I would like to hear that from the community members.
I agree with what Diamond said. I can deploy my MPCC truck at CEs and go to AFK because I am doing something or I have a network problem and can't fight, but I want to help the cops. In this case, the script will toggle off my MPCC, even though, I am helping and the CEs can be running for more than 15 minutes.
In my opinion, the only solution for this is you toggle off the MPCC truck if there isn't a wanted criminal in X distance from the MPCC truck. The purpose of the MPCC truck is to gather the cops to kill the criminals in the X area; no wanted criminals = no need for the MPCC truck.

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #7 on: 23 10, 2020, 08:09:58 pm »
Well, maybe the player spawned his MPCC truck in previous AR, and went AFK. And let his MPCC Truck's spawn toggle on. So another cop will find out his MPCC Truck and spawn on it, he thought his MPCC Truck is actually near heist or riot or anything. As you mentioned this may cause a waste of time, money of teleporting.. Plus, this is increasing inconvenience to the players in some way. In my opinion, this should be fixed. And it soluation is this suggestion. Once the player be AFK his MPCC spawn will be automaticly toggle off. With it, the other cops won't face the problems I mentioned, and reduce inconvenience to the community . So yeah, this useful. I am voting Positive.

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 24 10, 2020, 05:43:09 am »
as far as I know, we have already a button to toggle on/off spawner for MPCC when are you going to spawn it? Correct me If I'm wrong let's go back to the main topic the problem won't solve the problem. anyway since MPCC can be used especially for training or activities for the law side and the owner is AFK for still gathering his member so the problem is still in there.
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 24 10, 2020, 10:30:04 am »

There's a check to see if plr is really AFK.

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
« Reply #10 on: 24 10, 2020, 04:53:36 pm »
Yeah, I am with you. The current system is increasing the inconvenience as it's annoying as sometimes some players toggle their MPCC truck on at a random position, And the player think that the truck is deployed near the CE or AR, so he use the transport and get into it, But unfortunately, he didn't reach the place he's looking for, So the MPCC should really be disabled if the guy who spawned it went afk.

A message should be sent to the player to warn him, The message should contain "You are afk, 2 minutes left until we hide your MPCC" or whatever, So at least he receive a notification , And maybe he spawn it and the corrent position. I am upvoting.

Offline GaMeFeR

• Pirus Co-Founder
  • Long live to Pirus.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: [CIT]GaMeFeR
« Reply #11 on: 24 10, 2020, 06:13:05 pm »
Greetings

I'm not in law side but ok this is a great idea to solve, since if the player is AFK and deployed his MPCC in a previous AR or CE a police will spawn on it and thinked he was about to teleport to the current AR | CE Since this could be a good idea my vote will be Positive.

SCM | Ex L2 Staff
Ex Guider & Applications Handler
| Ex Head DJ | Ex ICM
November 3rd 2020: @GaMeFeR Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + FMMs

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #12 on: 26 10, 2020, 05:59:26 pm »
If they are playing around, they will probably spawn other vehicles and therefore their MPCC will be replacedor if they are patrolling with someone else then it will be hidden if far from them. The main issue is idle/afk players that didn't hide/disabled MPCC spawn and this should fix it.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Diamond

Re: [Arran/Brian] Automatically toggle off MPCC spawn when AFK
« Reply #13 on: 31 10, 2020, 01:40:39 am »
After reviewing your suggestion, we obtained the following results:

- 6 positive votes.
- 0 negative votes.

The suggestion remains a neutral priority.
Youtube Channel
Diamond#4162

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Jaguar
  • Squad: CCC
Re: [Arran/Brian] Automatically toggle off MPCC spawn when AFK
« Reply #14 on: 31 10, 2020, 02:09:24 am »
It truly is pretty annoying to respawn in an AFK player's MPCC that is far away from Armed Robbery. This suggestion might fix this issue, so I am voting positive.
Not only a group, but family.