Author Topic: [Resolved] Fuel by Chique  (Read 14970 times)

randy-mathews

Re: Fuel
« Reply #15 on: 05 05, 2012, 02:45:59 pm »
Well Nice work but no cars cost a lot as it is with the whole pay and spray thing.
Oh there are other fuel  scripts on www.mtasa.com if you did not know.
« Last Edit: 05 05, 2012, 03:19:18 pm by Atton »

Steve

« Reply #16 on: 05 05, 2012, 02:53:13 pm »
I really don't want a fuel script.
I like to idle in my car, sometimes I even go afk for like 10 minutes or so.

I mostly just drive around SA pointlessly though. I don't want to "run out of fuel". I have experience with fuel systems in the past, and I hate them.

Offline Timtso

• Regular Community Member
  • Chief Advisor of SAPD
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Timtso[SAPD]
« Reply #17 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »
I tested the script now and I love it!

If you turn the motor off, it wont use any fuel.

Chief Advisor of San Andreas Police Department
Honorable Police Chief

Ex. Head Police Chief

Timtso

cmkilla

« Reply #18 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »
I really don't want a fuel script.

I mostly just drive around SA pointlessly though. I don't want to "run out of fuel". I have experience with fuel systems in the past, and I hate them.
I agree here plus its another  way to loose money, if you want fuel get a car irl and waste your money on fuel and don't give silly escuse like to improve 'RP', to hell with that
Just a small example of this messin up your day
You start a race you winning and near finish line and bam no fuel you fail race, you finish DS you driving around and bam out of fuel forever alone in jail >muted<  its a great script works well but not for cit alot of good things have been removed this will just make more complaints

Offline Timtso

• Regular Community Member
  • Chief Advisor of SAPD
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Timtso[SAPD]
« Reply #19 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »
I agree here plus its another  way to loose money, if you want fuel get a car irl and waste your money on fuel and don't give silly escuse like to improve 'RP', to hell with that
Just a small example of this messin up your day
You start a race you winning and near finish line and bam no fuel you fail race, you finish DS you driving around and bam out of fuel forever alone in jail >muted<  its a great script works well but not for cit alot of good things have been removed this will just make more complaints

If you run out of fuel you can always use the can. It gives you 10% fuel, that means you can drive to nearest fuel station.
Chief Advisor of San Andreas Police Department
Honorable Police Chief

Ex. Head Police Chief

Timtso

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #20 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »
Hmm there are negative points too, as said by Stevie and cmkilla, the point was what if you run out of fuel?

Well let me tell you in humble note, a mere 10% fuel is enough to complete a trip right from Southmost point of SA to Northmost. So you won't be out of fuel in a race if you have over 10% fuel. Or rather if you participate in race just as it fixes damage in your car scripts can add a 5% fuel if you start a race too.

cmkilla and while going into DS can't you just go to a fuel station and refill some fuel? or atleast buy a can and store fuel in your pocket? and use it if you are out of fuel? is it so hard? :|
infact, the problem you stated is somewhat similar to this - "What if I go to DS and have no ammo? forever jailed >.<".

Also Steve, if you go idle, just turn off engine, won't deplete any fuel at all, also idle driving? we all do that, and love that. So I ensured the fun doesn't go down, so you can drive an infernus at full speed around 60minutes given at ideal conditions... so 60minutes driving at full speed is enough, for idle driving we don't even go full speed, so in that case, if you drive slow, your 100% fuel will take up 2-3 hours to go down to 0%. So is it still too much expensive? :|

If you still want fuel to deplete at lesser rate, its very easy to change the values of loss in the script ;)
so you can also opt for making 10hour drive for 100% fuel. Also can change cost of fuel. Can tweak anything as per people's choice.
« Last Edit: 05 05, 2012, 03:17:09 pm by Chique »

CS Engineer | Web Developer | Philosopher | My Life in San Andreas

cmkilla

Re: Fuel, Scripted
« Reply #21 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:38:32 pm »
lol going ds with no ammo XD I always go with little ammo and always be come top bank robber
But just 1 thing is this panned to air crafts? Cause I love hights and I spend hours flying and hate stopping for every little thing
Also I drive randomly for hours and I log out in the most random places and look at this I log out at 5% fuel I log see that a robbery is in say 10 minutes and im at bayside and by the time I reach there (such a hassle) and its say 2% by the time I leave DS im outa fuel xD only thing I could say you have a little gui for say extra fuel (are you trying to say its possible if so good) that gives you 10% fuel that will be indeed good but still on the negative for it reason I don't need another bar to look at
Its just an opinion but that 2 hours of fuel kinda kills it unless your runnin it at cit gta time
Because as I said its gonna have alot of complaints especially old players who like the server the way it is

randy-mathews

« Reply #22 on: 05 05, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »
I have to agree with cmkilla the fuel system is too much of a hassle.

Pl@y

« Reply #23 on: 05 05, 2012, 04:41:00 pm »
I too agree with you Chique. +1

HeatBlast

« Reply #24 on: 05 05, 2012, 06:13:01 pm »
nice Bro  :D :D

Offline DanLad77

• NorthSideMafia - Staff.
  • Group: NorthSideMafia
  • Ingame: [NSM]DanLad77
  • Squad: ProjectX
« Reply #25 on: 05 05, 2012, 06:17:43 pm »
+1 Great idea this will boost the fun of Cops and Robbers as the criminal will eventually run out of fuel.
DanLad77, the original founder of GHoST. ϟ
NorthSideMafia; "The Revival Has Begun!"
• Searching for a gang?

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #26 on: 05 05, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »
lol going ds with no ammo XD I always go with little ammo and always be come top bank robber
But just 1 thing is this panned to air crafts? Cause I love hights and I spend hours flying and hate stopping for every little thing
Also I drive randomly for hours and I log out in the most random places and look at this I log out at 5% fuel I log see that a robbery is in say 10 minutes and im at bayside and by the time I reach there (such a hassle) and its say 2% by the time I leave DS im outa fuel xD only thing I could say you have a little gui for say extra fuel (are you trying to say its possible if so good) that gives you 10% fuel that will be indeed good but still on the negative for it reason I don't need another bar to look at
Its just an opinion but that 2 hours of fuel kinda kills it unless your runnin it at cit gta time
Because as I said its gonna have alot of complaints especially old players who like the server the way it is

Trust me cmkilla, xD you didn't read my whole damn long first post, did you?
I clearly wrote except aircrafts, and boats...
So why are you adding negative points without reading the whole thing? T.T
I spent a month making this thing since I saw a 50+ upvotes in all of the earlier Fuel suggestions, and this would achieve the same upvote too, adding to that, script is already made.

Also it is not aimed at any personal use, its just making server having an extra feature which works great and looks realistic, and also adds fun rather than killing the fun. It will add fun, trust me. There would be people lolling around if they have 0% fuel xD, but frankly there won't be such situations, as a 100% fuel for 100$ would be enough to run your car for 1 IG hour and more. Also as I said, if all of you want fuel to decrease much less, i.e. if you all want to drive a 100% fuel for 100hours that can be made also. But only isn't realistic.

Also in real life, criminals / cops, everyone has to refuel isn't it? It won't do harm to the fun... it will be fun.

loser

« Reply #27 on: 05 05, 2012, 07:31:01 pm »
Totally support the idea. A question: different cars have a different fuel consumption?

Offline Chique

• SAPD Leader
  • Honorable
  • CHF-Chique[SAPD]
« Reply #28 on: 05 05, 2012, 07:43:59 pm »
Totally support the idea. A question: different cars have a different fuel consumption?

Nope if you all want that, I can do that part too, but would make the script a little bit complex, not too much complex but would only add a single more variable array containing model name of all cars.
Everyone want that? different cars should consume differently?
But that arises another complication... who would tell me which car would consume less and which more? :D

Well as for now, let it be even, like same consumption for all cars and bikes.

Steve

« Reply #29 on: 05 05, 2012, 07:45:53 pm »
Don't call me stevie. my name is Steve. stevie is a completely different person. It isn't solved with cans. I still run out. My problem is that on top of fixing my car, ill have to refuel it too. waste of money. I don't want to spend money fuel, I want to drive forever without stopping :)
« Last Edit: 05 05, 2012, 07:49:00 pm by Steve »