Author Topic: Adding ability to hide Msg Press K to start a vehicle Robbery mission both Sides  (Read 2302 times)

babloo

My suggest is pretty simple Adding ability to hide Msg Press K to start a vehicle Robbery mission
Show content
  by adding it as notification above screen or to hide it from /settings at its very annoying for players while playing. Edit : Also adding ablility for cops to hide it too this kind of texts
Show content
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 04:02:51 pm by GrandGhost »

Offline Myth.

• Regular Community Member
  • One day you’ll thank yourself for never giving up.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Myth
Actually, I agree with GrandGhost's suggestion, this feature started to be annoying recently "at least with me" as even cops got this kind of texts
Show content
. Maybe adding something via settings to hide it would be great.
Sorry for the edit but I forgot to mention something. It became annoying for me cuz it's same as my stinger bind thingy, that's why.
-Positive :tick:
« Last Edit: 08 08, 2021, 04:49:08 pm by The King Myth ! »

"Self-confidence terrifies your enemies, no matter how strong they are."
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
"No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again."

Offline Raef

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
Yes, I agree with you. It's indeed very boring and annoying to keep looking over and over at a message of a mission you're not willing to play. So, as you're saying, we can add it into '/settings' and have the ability to enable/disable it at any time we want. Or, according to your words once again, we can make it pop up on the top of our screens, like the other green notifications that can be found there, and hide after some seconds.
I'm positive.

Also, since you brought this up, I'd like to suggest another thing, which is being able to change this mission's key, let me explain. About 5 times now, I click on 'K', which is the key I've bound before this new mission even shows up to take all types of drugs. However, next to opening them (the drugs), it also starts the vehicle robbery mission, which is indeed annoying. Out of nowhere, the time of the missions starts counting down and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.
In my opinion, we just need to change the key, which is 'K', to another one. It'd be better if the player has the freedom to choose it, just like how everyone has the possibility to choose the key that opens the door of the bus in the Bus Driver job.
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2021, 08:41:01 pm by Raef »

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline zurq

• xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
I am completely supporting this idea. I've even car recovery binded on K, every single time I press K to recover my vehicle, it comes out this mission, and start counting. Even most of people have K binded, so it'll be very annoying for most of CIT players.
Left this game already.

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
Well, it is really annoying sometimes if you're in a gangster war or riot and somehow that Press "K" Message will gonna appear in your screen and you're gonna look what is the message about, it may loss your cocentration in war/riot, so Adding Ability to hide the Press "K" Message will be more good and less annoyed for players, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I vote positive, it distracted my gameplay lately while playing, having many mod text bars isn't pretty. :pevil:

(Will do something about it later)

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
5 Positive votes, next review will be done next week.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
:tick:

By hiding this message, would we also be able to press 'K' without starting the vehicle robbery mission? Because that would be really great, since 'K' is the key I use to reply to my messages. I've used this key for years since it was never required for anything, but now every time I play as a criminal I accidentally start it, and it's quite annoying. If the bind itself could be "hidden" alongside the message, then that would solve my issue. We shouldn't be forced to have these binds that we don't care about.

Offline Apollo

• The Warlord
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • "Rules are invalid in our streets!"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 18th St. Gang
  • Ingame: Apollo
  • Squad: Vintage
It's a big yes from me, I have the vehicle recover command bonded on the K button and that thing is a pain on the ass as long as I get those notifications from the hitman mission all the time while I never attend to complete it, if there's a way to disable it, I would like to know/get added.
Going Positive.

Offline chaiNNAlAzim07

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: chaiNN07
  • Squad: Impacted
finally, someone suggested hiding it, this really annoyed me in combat fights where I see red text below on my screen which makes me confused if I've network issues or not then I just realize it's the robbery mission :kek:
positive

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
Maybe adding a command to show if it can be played now or not, like robbing uncle sam mission you have to do /rus to check if the mission is available or not, the same can be done with this mission since it is annoying. Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
I have to make an alternative, can anyone else suggest a way on how to start this without disturbing anyone?

Is the problem the key bind or the text? I need clues.

Offline Nuko

• Non Administrative Staff
  • Ingame: [CIT]Nuko
I have to make an alternative, can anyone else suggest a way on how to start this without disturbing anyone?

@Senza  Add a setting to disable seeing that message on the bottom right corner and make it use CIThelp:dm if the setting is disabled. If it's not disabled, keep it the way it is. This way the player is always notified but instead of having to see that bottom right corner message, it could just show for only 5 seconds on the top of their screen. Key bind should stay attached until message would disappear.

Offline Chetan

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Chetan

The key is the problem (for me atleast) because I already have something bound on it which I use frequently.

We can change this message to only appear when you are driving a 4 wheeler or a specific dedicated car for it. (Just like illegal drug trafficking)

Also a solution for the key bind would be, adding a line in /settings which will allow us changing the key to start that mission, just like there is an option in /tasks to change the objectives key.
Regards - Chetan

Offline Cytrx

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cytrx
  • Squad: DriftWorks
I Agree with Nuko. Having it appear with the messages that appear from the top of your screen would be perfect solution for that problem.

But overall I like the idea of putting this text somewhere else because I am very annoyed of it since it's colored red and appears in the bottom right corner which just looks like Ping spikes, Packet Loss etc. I think this should be implanted by Nuko's idea because it's the most realistic option and the most option that won't distract players from having fun playing.